Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post DoS DVD Release Date
on: April 06, 2014 02:13
The Desolation of Smaug will be available for purchase on Tuesday, April 8th.

Is anyone pre-ordering or buying it? Where? How much?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
Nope.... I'm waiting for the trilogy box.
~Nev~
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I will get it as soon as I see it. I do not know the cost but An Unexpected Journey was $12.00 in Wallymart. I would think Desolation of Smaug will be about the same.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
We were at (not in, wife had a firm grip on my jacket sleeve to prevent me from straying in ) one of the two large consumer electronics chains today, but they were advertising something called "The Elder Scroll(s)", as I remember. Never heard of it, and DoS would certainly be pushed massively and visibly by Warner.
(Trivia note: the German title has been changed to a more archaic wording!)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will most likly be buying it at Target for $16.00 this weekend.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lady_of_Darkness
Council Member
Send Message
I have the 3D Blu-ray/DVD combo pack on pre-order from Future Shop. Since it shipped out after midnight, it might be a few days before it arrives. When I pre-ordered my copy, it was listed at a price of $29.99 (so it came to a total of $33.59 with free shipping), but it has now dropped in price to $28.99 (so now the total came to $32.47, a savings of $1.12). Not a bad price for a 3D version (I've only seen DoS in 3D, so it made more sense to get this version, and I couldn't resist having Thorin on the cover, but because of this, I'll probably end up keeping both versions, unlike last year with AUJ).

[Edited on 04/09/2014 by Lady_of_Darkness]
In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Bought it today. Dad didn't want to wait so we had to go out and buy it. =D
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My friend stopped over unexpectedly with a pizza and asked if I wanted to watch a movie he thought looked good. No cooking? Pizza? Movie? Sounded like a fine idea. Got ready, settled in, he starts the movie. Would you believe it took me several minutes to realize I was watching Desolation of Smaug?

Ate the pizza. Watched the movie. Loved the movie more than the first time. Friend leaves and tells me to keep the movie!! Pure bliss.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Bought a DVD titled "Smaugs Einöde" (Einoede for the umlaut-challenged) today, about an hour and a half ago. Current plan is to look at it tomorrow after a night's sleep. Starting now (OK, in about five minutes after I rev up my 2008 games tower, with the power headphones attached to the active boxes), just after 8 PM, would take me to 11 PM with the usual personal intermissions.
But then, if I feel that more parts than usual of the Games Forum leave me scratching my head, I may be in just enough of a DUH mood to tolerate PJ's "factual errors". Like it's a film in the spirit of JRRT, say "The Color of Magic", which pays tribute to JRRT or PJ by quoting from them.
Tower PC is up and running ...
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I did it; after the tower PC was powered up, off went DoS.
And I took it in the mood "I've read that this guy refers to JRRT occasionally, let's see if I can catch him where he copycats."
Nice fantasy movie, great CGI, overdone on action, story thread gets tangled occasionally.
No sense whatsoever to make a list of where PJ differs from TH, as I did in my first cinema viewing of FotR - and that and AuJ were fairly close to the books.
"Let's see if I can catch him where he copycats." is the only sensible approach.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email