12345Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post Over Burnt Bridges
on: June 17, 2014 11:56
Hello, all!

This is the first RPG thread I have initiated, although I have participated in many. I have been leery of starting a thread for fear of rejection and lack of a good idea, but, in seeing there are a great number of newbies interested in RPGing, here I am!

The plot: This is set shortly after the end of the War of the Ring, we'll say six or seven months, prilimanarily in Rohan. An artists daughter, Mosaic, is waiting for word from her brother, who went off to fight in the Battle of Pellenor Fields. Her father was killed in Helms Deep; her mother lives, tending to things around the inn and tavern owned by her side of the family, called The Fair Mount. After six months of hearing no word from her brother, Mosaic begins to get restless and starts to have thoughts of going to Gondor herself to see if her brother, Targon, is wounded and unable to send a letter of his tidings. She shares these thoughts in an outburst with a customer at the inn as she is working. The customer shares in her desires and desires to go to Gondor as well, because...(Insert your characters reasons here!!!) Others around them hear of their ndiscussion and desire to go, too.

The main conflict here is that the group will be travelling through a still war-ravaged area. Orcs and foul things still creep, but Mosaic cannot bear the though if waiting any longer. The road will most definitely be dangerous. I would also like to incorporate the elements of war into this RP. Like: How does war effect people? Why do people act the way that they do? etc.,etc.

All are welcome to join this story, should anyone want to come at all. Keep in mind that this is mainly set on Rohan, where humans dwell, but I can allow in Elves and Dwarves if they are there for a good reason. Just for the record, "out for a stroll anhd decided to go to Gondor" is not a good reason!!! Why is the Elf/Dwarf there? What is their legitimate reason for going to Gondor?

Please remember to follor all rules outlined for the RPG and OOC forums. I will post more about my character in my next OOC post. In the meantime, please consider joining! I will write the first post of the thread when I see some interest. Your plot additions and idea lines are most certaintly welcome!

Remember, this thread is not my own if you guys don;t join. Im not going to be a control freak with the ideas and lines. If it works somehow, it'll be in. And if not, I'll make it work somehow! I look forward to RPGing with such a good group. You guys rock!

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My Character:

Mosaic ( findemaxam48 )
Race: Human
Height: Medium
Family: Brother is missing, father is dead, mother is overworked.
Animals: Horse named Quarry
Weapons: None

Personality: Smart, patient, kindhearted, but nervous to the point of being flawed, overworked, few friends if any.

Appearance: Medium length, orange wavy hair, pale skin and dark eyes. Simple, sturdy clothing, medium height.

History:
Good relationship with her brother and father, both are lost and one is dead, one missing. Poor relationship with mother, loves animals more than she does people.

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh, can I join? Perhaps as a Rider that returned from Helm's Deep and Pellenor who has no family and is restless.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Eadwine (Cenor)
Race: Rohirrim
Height: 6" 1"
Family: His father and brother fell at the Battle of Pelennor. His mother had died in childbirth when he was ten.
Animals: One horse named Swift
Weapons: One sword, a shield, his armour, a spear, a short bow, and an ax

Personality: Ever since he survived the battles of Helm's Deep, Pelennor Fields, and the Fields of Cormallan he has been restless. He is generally pleasant and willing to help those in need.

Appearance: He has the blue eyes and golden hair of the Rohirrim. He wears armor outside the traditional clothing of the Rohirrim.

History:
He survived the War of the Ring miraculously. He grew up in the Westfold then joined his father and brother in the eored of Westfold. He roams Rohan restlessly hoping to find employment.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sounds good, Cenor! I will wait for one more person to join and then I will post!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Would anybody else like to join before I make the thread?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Alright, I guess I am going to make the main thread now!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! Maxie invited me to join this RP adventure. Just a heads up, I have never been in an RP, so I don't really know what I'm doing.

Anyways, here's my character:

Name: Nymira (Nym)
Race: Human
Family: Father, Mother, older brother, little sister
Animals: A horse named Naria
Weapon(s): Bow and dagger(s)

Personality: Sturdy (if that makes sense), kind, stubborn, determined, adventurous, willing to help.

Appearance: shoulder length auburn hair, grey eyes, freckles, medium build, 5″3.

History: Nym's father was a trader and a traveling merchant before the War of the Ring. He always took his family with him on his travels. Not so long after the war started, they were at Rohan, so they stayed there. Her father and brother ended up joining the army. Nym had to take care of her mother and her younger sister.
During the war, her father was injured, so he was unable to continue his trading business. His son carried on with it. Nym stayed at home, helping her parents. Though she remains cheerful, she is not truly happy. She has heard of a great healer in Gondor who may be able to cure her father’s injury, and she wants to travel there to speak with him.

[Edited on 09/13/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yay, Hi Mareth!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hey!

Is it okay for me to make a change to my character, or not? Because I did already start in the adventure...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
What kind of change did you mean? Like a name or something?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, I already changed it. It was just something in connection to Nym's family. I asked Cenor, and she said it'd be okay because y'all's characters don't know anything about her.

I changed it again...I'll try to refrain from changing anything else about Nym.

[Edited on 07/01/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]

[Edited on 07/02/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
All looks well so far!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Um, guys...Nymira still doesn't know y'all's characters names. That is why in my posts, it is always, "the young woman" or "the young man".
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, whoops. Sorry, Mareth. Perhaps Nym can inquire?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
"I will alter the nightly tab so that it balances."

Nym wasn't offered a job yet...was she?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I meant that Mosaic would add in her own pay so that Nym didn't need to pay for the food and drink she drank and ate. Sorry, I should have made that a better sentence.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Facepalm* Sorry, sorry. I should have realized that.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oh playing a romance is harder than I thought but this is good practice. How am I doing?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I think you are doing pretty good.

WOW. Sorry my previous post was so long...I won't blame y'all if you don't read/skim read it. Sorry!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Its OK, Mareth, I've been known to do that myself...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I have no idea what to do with that stranger dresses in dark clothes...
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
May I join?

Ithilwen (Eruwestiel_Evensong)
Race: Elf
Height: 5'9"
Age: Elves are always older than they look, but this one looks about 28 years old.
Family: Father, Mother, younger sister
Animals: Horse named Asyleth
Weapons: Bow, lightweight sword

Personality: Slightly aloof to strangers, but opens up once you earn her trust.

Appearance: Long dark hair, fair skin, silvery-blue eyes

History: Ithilwen grew up in Rivendell with her family and started learning Healing at a young age. Her father is an excellent blacksmith and forged many weapons for the elvish armies during the War of the Ring. Her mother is a weaver and her younger sister is still trying to decide what she wants to do.

[Edited on 07/25/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I'm only a player but for what reason will Ithilwen be in Rohan?
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Here's the thing. I left out one part because I wasn't sure what I would do yet.

She is (either) living at Gondor to help tend to the wounded in the war (or) traveling to Gondor (for the same reason).
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, Song! I am glad to see that you have decided to join us on our little adventure. (P.S. I mailed the letter on...Thrusday! You should get is Monday. )

Amyways, I like the idea of tending to the wounded. Elves have special knowledge of medicine, and maybe Ithilwen has the ability to heal those with grave injury. And she was only passing through Rohan on her way to gondr, which would be good, because our characters will soon be on their way there.

Keep up the good work, all. And welcome to Eruwestiel! I eagerly await your first post. Welcome to Over Burnt Bridges and to the RPG forums!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Evensong!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[YAY!! Letters!!!]

Welcome sis!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry it took me so long, Mareth and Eruwestiel.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Quite alright. But it didn't get here yet....

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Sorry I haven't been able to post yet. I'm actually not sure when that will happen because we've had a rather busy summer. I suppose I'll have to plan a time to post. I do apologize in advance if it takes me awhile...school will be getting back in full swing soon.

Julia, your letter arrived several days back. Hopefully a response will be headed your way soon.

[Edited on 08/04/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
OK!

Same with me. School ruins everything...
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings all!

Is this thread still open to new folks? I had an idea for an Elvish fellow from the Grey Havens who is answering a summons from King Elessar for able blacksmiths and shipwrights to help replenish stores of weaponry, etc. after the war and perhaps he stops in Rohan on the way. I'll think of a more elaborate backstory of course, but that's just the premise.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Of course it is open, Eldarion, especially to you. Feel free to post anytime. I am also trying to think of an opening to get back into Fog. Nothing has come to me yet.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Iorveth of Lindon
Race: Elvish; Noldor descent
Height/Body: Roughly 6 feet, several inches; lordly stature.
Age: Born a few generations of men into the Third Age. Has seen many, many generations since.
Location: Originally of Lindon, but has now traveled many long leagues to Rohan on a quest to Gondor.
Family: A father who died in battle shortly after his birth and a mother who has long since sailed to Undying Lands.
Weapons: A longsword crafted by his own hand with an all-purpose dagger at his belt. Iorveth is but a novice swordsman, however; his talent lies in creation.

Personality: Iorveth has been, since his childhood, a being of intense focus and devotion. He is little of speech save a few dear subjects and perhaps a bit single-minded; this often creates the impression of disinterest. Nonetheless, Iorveth is courteous and kind, with a scholar's heart and the tired demeanor of one who has seen many winters of the world.

Appearance: Tall and thin, with the skilled, calloused fingers of a master craftsman and piercing, sea-grey eyes framed by a head of shoulder-length auburn hair. Distinct, strong facial features and (unusual for his people) a well-trimmed beard. A handsome appearance, to be sure.

History: Born but a generation before Sauron took up the mantle of the necromancer in Mirkwood, Iorveth has known much of the troubles of Middle-earth; troubles he has silently ignored for a millennia. He spent his youth in Lindon in intense study after fatherless upbringing. Whereas his peers may have been busy enriching themselves in many aspects of Elven culture and history, Iorveth lent his attention to creation. This began first as a hobby in woodworking which eventually progressed to blacksmithing. Due to his close proximity to the sea he soon found himself well-versed in shipbuilding to which he lent his talents in woodworking and blacksmithing. After the War of the Ring, Iorveth abandoned a lonely and slowly dwindling populus in Lindon for the East to Gondor where his talents in crafting weapons and boats could be utilized properly in war ravaged lands with enemies still prowling at the perimeter. Iorveth was far from ready to leave Middle-earth and steeled himself for journey which soon led him through the land of the Horse-lords...

[Edited on 08/11/2014 by Eldarion]
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email