Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Post Return of the Witch King OOC thread
on: June 17, 2014 01:05
This is the history for the Return of the Witch King.

“…she drove her sword between the crown and mantle, as the great shoulders bowed before her. The sword broke sparkling into many shards. The crown rolled away with a clang. Eowyn fell forward upon her fallen foe. But lo! The mantle and hauberk were empty. Shapeless they lay now on the ground, torn and tumbled; and a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age…” (The death of the Witch King in The Battle of the Pelennor Fields Chapter 6 Book 5 of The Lord of the Rings)

Thus the Witch King of Angmar died. But he didn’t. Yes, his spirit departed from Middle Earth but only for two ages.

It is close to the end of the Fifth Age and Middle Earth has lived in peace for many generations. Men live side by side, the Dwarves mine contentedly, the Hobbits farm their plots, and the Elves of Mirkwood walk under the stars. But the Witch King returned secretly now stronger than ever. No mortal can kill him. He gathered his forces in the Misty Mountains then sent them to destroy Mirkwood. Thranduil and some of his folk escaped and shut themselves up in their halls with provisions enough to last a few years. The Witch King then focused his attention on the West. The last of the Dunedain were slain in defense of the Hobbits, who were then lead away in slavery. He is preparing to do battle with the men of Gondor and Rohan. Now he is sending forces against the Undying Lands to annihilate any who could destroy him.

The Elder decide to send a party of Elves to find out what is happening. A message is smuggled to Thranduil who sends Dira, a mortal to bring the Elves to Middle Earth. She is the last of the Dunedain who escaped the slaughter only because she was in Mirkwood fighting. Disguised as one of the many bandits she steals a ship and makes her way to the Undying lands to retrieve the selected party of Elves.

This thread will have a end after the Witch King is destroyed and peace reigns in Middle Earth.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Here is my character:

Dira (Cenor)
Race: Dunedain
Height: 5"8"
Family: Her family was killed by orcs when she was small. But the Elves of Mirkwood took her in and trained her to be what she is today.
Animals: none
Weapons: Two swords strapped against her back and a long dagger

Personality: Can seem cold and harsh but she is friendly and loving once she gets to know people. She is quick and sees almost everything.

Appearance: Often goes hooded and cloaked never showing her face unless necessary. She hires herself out as a guide knowing much of Middle Earth, its shortcuts, dangers, and hidden roads. When she does show her face she has eyes that seem to piece through heart and mind. Her hair is a dark wavy brown. She is tall and slender but as tough as a rock. Her clothing is mostly forest or earthy colors and she wears tall leather boots that are travel stained.

History:
Before they came to the Undying Lands the orcs ravaged Middle Earth. Her parents were killed in one of the attacks. She was adopted by the Elves of Mirkwood after one found her half dead in the rubble. The Elves taught her how to use her double swords and dagger in fights against the orcs. Already she has fought in many battles against the orcs with the Rohan and Gondor.

Note that I'm only a guide, Maxie, my co-RPer will lead the mission.

[Edited on 06/17/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
And here I am!

My character:

Tegalad (findemaxam4
Race: Elf
Height: Over six feet
Family: Father and mother went to the Undying lands when he was a young Elf (600 years old) and he has dwelled there ever since.
Weapons: Cherry colored bow

Personality: Smart and intelligent, but somewhat naive due to his time dwelling in the Undying Lands.

Appearance: Long blonde hair with eyes the color of blue crystal. Tall, over six feet, with thickly fabriced and richly colored clothes.

History:
Went to the undying lands as a child and has dwelt tehre ever since, picked by the Valar to return to Middle Earth to hunt the Witch King of Angmar.

I go now to post!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Oh! I get it! Invited graciously by Cenor, herself!

My Character:

Name: Eruvilui
Race: Elf (of Mirkwood heritage)
Height: 5' 9"

Family: Mother, father, older brother are all deceased. Her parents were killed by raiding Orcs and Uruk-Hai when she was much younger. Her brother was killed by his employer while acting as an assassin.

Personality: Fiercely loyal to those she considers friends but doesn't trust easily. She is somewhat stand-offish at times and can be very stubborn. She is very intelligent and quick where battle strategy is concerned. She has "street-smarts," so to say. She is, however, somewhat socially awkward due to her lack of elven or human contact and can be somewhat brash at times.

Appearance: Medium build with long blonde hair that she keeps braided either in one, loose braid or the traditional braids of a Silvan Elf. Her garb is that of a wanderer, and she is often mistaken for a Dunedain ranger due to the outward appearance of her clothing. She also wears a cowl that covers her feminine features for the most part. Her eyes are her most striking feature due to the fact they are un-characteristically hazel-green with her left eye being split half and half: half hazel and half coffee brown.

History: After her parents were killed, she sought out her older brother, Tiryn, who was acting as a hired assassin at the time. She spent years learning from him and acting as his personal aide. After his tragic death at the hands of his employer, she fled into the wilds where she currently wanders. Her constant companions are two horses, stallions, that she has befriended in the wilds of the world. At least one of them is with her at all times. She has a way with equines of all sorts and can tame even the most enraged of beasts.

I will post now!!!
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome, EG (my nickname to you. ), both to the RP and to CoE! I am exticed to read your post!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
You will half to read a lot Maxie we kinda ran wild.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, don't worry, I read fast and I posted. You will have a lot to read on CP, I was on a roll.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, I would love to join, if you don't mind I've a character I really loved to play.

Name: Authiel (Battle Maiden)
Race: Elf
Weapons: Bow, sword
Personality: Cold, warrior but kind.
Appearance: Tall and fair, silver blond hair, amber eyes.
Family: Daughter of Finrod, Noldor Elf of Valinor from de House of Finarfin, from the linage of Finwë.
History:
Authiel was born in Lothlórien, before Lady Galadriel, along with some of her people, left Middle Earth. She knew the world only after the War of the Ring, yet she had felt some of the evil that prevailed. In her childhood she fell in love with everything that grew there, but specially for the art of fight and for the weapons. She had fight with spiders, aiding Mirkwood elves, even if she was too young to do it, since she was truly skilled. She had fought orcs that wondered near Lórien.
However, she left Middle Earth and she passed all the following years studying and imagining how were all those green fields of the Shire, how did the forests grow. Obviously, she never stopped training her warrior skills alone.

[Edited on 07/05/2014 by Ella]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Ella. Hmm I hope you have an entrance planned because we left the Grey Havens but I'm sure you can figure it out .
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you! But are you already in Middle Earth? If so, where?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
We are sailing South along the *goes to check LOTR map* Western edge of Middle Earth.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, Ella!
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Maxie! Missed you!
I'm trying a new personality for my character, so she's a bit cold Sorry 'bout that
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
All seems to be going well! Happy posting!
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor told me that she had an opening for a Dunedan character. Mind if I take it?
ImageImage
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Well I was planning to lead the group to a Dunedain hideout. I was thinking if you wanted to play a Dunedain you could join the group there. But that doesn't mean you have to be a Dunedain. There are several races to choose from.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Sounds awesome! Actually, Dunadan would have been my first choice.
ImageImage
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am very sorry, but with school coming, and a new job, I will be unable to frequent the RP section here very often. I fear that I will be unable to post in RotWK for an undeterminable amount of time, but I will continue reading when I can.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oh so sad. Would it be okay for one of the players to manipulate Tegalad due to his lofty position?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I have no problems with it.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
New Character!

Malcolm (Cenor)
Race: Dunedain
Height: 6"
Family: His father and brother were killed in the Last Defense of the Shire but his mother (Shallia) and sister (Edith) live in the Dunedain caves.
Animals: A hawk called Storm
Weapons: A long sword, several daggers, and a sturdy bow

Personality: Friendly, joking at times, overall pleasant but can be very grim when people talk about the Witch King.

Appearance: Tall, dark black hair, brown eyes. Wears Dunedain clothing.

History:
After barely surviving the Last Defense he vowed to revenge his father and brother by killing all of Witch King’s followers as he could. He became good friends with Randiriel also know as Dira and they often accompany each other on missions.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email