Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
Post Lord of the Rings RPG
on: June 20, 2014 07:20
Ok, here's the deal. Leoflic_Nightleaf and I have started a Lord of the rings RPG with RPG Maker VX Ace. We are still in pre-development, but we have realized that we cannot do this alone (go figure ). So this is the official request for help from CoE members, because it was Council of Elrond that inspired us in the first place. We are mainly requesting concept art and some good ideas.

At the current moment, we are working on a playable demo that has one level taken from The Fotr. Staying true to the lore of Lotr is one of our main goals. We plan on releasing the demo along with a trailer and screenshots of the more complete game.

In the future, we would like to incorporate online multiplayer along with guilds and an open world.

If you are interested you can either post here, or PM Leoflic. Any help would be exceedingly greatful.
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm, were you thinking along the lines of a "choose your own adventure" kind of thing? If it's a writing thing you need help with, or just some "good ideas", let me know the specifics and I would be glad to help.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I'll help but I will not be able to get the game .
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
@findemaxam48: Yes and no. It is a 'CYOA' in the same way that all RPG's are, i.e, you create your own character and choose the path they will follow through the game. There are some great screenshots here that will give you an idea of what we want our game to look like. I would also love it if it looked something like Chrono Trigger, a truly classic RPG for the SNES and NDS. And yes, we could definitely use some help with story/quest writing soon.

@Cenor: There is a Lite version of the RPG Maker we are using here. You can take a look, and if you want to help that would be great.

Thanks all! Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys, but I've been a bit busy.

[Edited on 06/23/2014 by Leoflic_Nightleaf]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Excellent. Let me know when to begin the writing.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry I can't download anything but I could write with Maxie. Will the game be depended on what decisions the player(s) make?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
@Cenor: Hmm, that's too bad. Although, when the game is completed, Beren and I will host it online somewhere, so nobody will have to download it. And yes, the game will very much depend on the decisions you make, and will have multiple endings as a result.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
This is going to make you nuts but I don't play computer games. I don't spend much time on the computer I do a lot of my posting on my kindle. It's amazing that I found CoE.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
@Cenor: Well that's fine that you can't help us with the rest of the game, but in the future we will need some writers. We don't need any writers right now because we're working on a one quest demo to see if people will end up liking the game.

However, there is one thing that the two of you could help with right now if you wanted to.

[Edited on 06/25/2014 by Beren_Onehand]
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Beren and Leo, I would love to help. So, what sort of stuff do y'all need help with?
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
[b]Beren_Onehand said:[/b

However, there is one thing that the two of you could help with right now if you wanted to.quote]

OK, what is it?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yesssss...
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Seeing as Beren hath not procured a quotation as yet, I shall. What we chiefly require in terms of assistance at this present time, is conceptual art. It is required that we might have something to base the various locations in the game off of. You may either draw it yourself, if so inclined, or even find pictures with The Google. DeviantArt may have some useful things as well. As soon as I can, I shall add a list of locations for which concept art is required, and have a section where you may submit the aforementioned art.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
Also one other thing, if the opportunity arises, spread the word!

In continuation of Leo's post, a few places that I know for sure that we need concept art for are Bree and Weathertop along with a few others that I can't seem to bring to mind. Once again, any and all help will greatly appreciated.

[Edited on 06/26/2014 by Beren_Onehand]
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Okay guys, I'll see what I can do. Sure Beren, I'll try to.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Unless you want stick figures I'll wait until the writing part .
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will do my best to find some pictures for you. Will you need a citation for the pictures so you can give the sites credit?
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, even though we aren't going commercial I think for some sites may require citations or the creators might require permission to use their art (some artists on DeviantArt require permission). However, if we ever do go commercial (I highly doubt it though) we would need to cite authors and websites and such. I think as a general rule (I'm no expert though) keep a track of links to everything you might get and that way if we need any special permission for anything in particular we can get it quickly. Thanks for looking!

[Edited on 06/27/2014 by Beren_Onehand]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
No problem. Should I post the images in here or email/PM them to one of you?
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
I think Leoflic said he would have somewhere for you to post them, you should ask him.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Progress....
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
Hi folks... You do realize this thread (idea) is in the wrong forum, right? This forum is just for books, music, etc. The RPG's are in the Game forum. I'll give this a few more days here and then move it.
Nrogara
Council Member
Send Message
sounds cool! Doubt I'd be able to help you though, as I've never played any RPGs. I've thought about it a couple of times, but I already feel like I'm on the computer way too much as it is >_< Maybe I'll play yours when you get it done though!
Image Image
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry LadyCeleborn, I wasn't exactly sure where to put this topic so I took a chance.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email