Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
kayedhel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Who would you bring on your journey?
on: June 23, 2014 01:03
If you were sent on a journey, and you could bring one member of the fellowship with you, who would you bring and why?
Frodo
0% (0)
Sam
10% (1)
Pippin
10% (1)
Merry
0% (0)
Gandalf
10% (1)
Legolas
30% (3)
Gimli
0% (0)
Boromir
0% (0)
Arragorn
40% (4)
"What is friend in elvish?" - Frodo "Mellon" - Gandalf
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Here are a couple of related threads too...
Who would be your travel partner on a long journey?
and If you could have any member of the Fellowship protect you whom would it be?

I voted for Aragorn because he's the best all-rounder; wayfinder, hunter, fighter, healer and storyteller.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
@ tarcolan: though PJ went overboard with Leggy as is his style, he still made a point that JRRT also once made quite forcibly (having seen a kiddie fairy-tale rendition of Legolas in some picture): endurance, hardihood, weapons skills, speed, eyesight, hearing - Leggy trumps all of the Fellowship including Aragorn in these qualities.
ImageImage

But I would rather go to the Silmarillion for my favorite companion:

HUAN!!!

I mean, a giant pooch who body-slams Sauron - now who in the Third Age is going to argue with HIM???
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with tarc. Aragorn for me.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Sam because he wouldn't leave you behind. Aragorn because he has so much knowledge of the land.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I almost said *Sam* because of his incredible loyalty, however, my choice is Aragorn. Besides keeping me safe, he would sing to me
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas. My reasons are my own.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Of course Lindarielwen picks Aragorn. If that did not happen, I may die of shock.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
owlhunter21
Council Member
Send Message
I would pick Legolas because we could surf down banisters
amber.of.dragons
Council Member
Send Message
Definitely Aragorn or Gandalf. I'm leaning towards Aragorn thought because Gandalf has a habit of leaving his friends in the middle of a quest to run other errands. And I LOVE ARAGORN.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
amber.of.dragons said:Definitely Aragorn or Gandalf. I'm leaning towards Aragorn thought because Gandalf has a habit of leaving his friends in the middle of a quest to run other errands. And I LOVE ARAGORN.

Well, in a way Aragorn left Frodo and Sam to run the errand of helping Merry and Pippin - not quite comparable, I concede. But Aragorn's taking the Paths of the Dead (OK, with Gimli and Legolas) comes much closer to Gandalf's leaving Bilbo, Thorin & Co. on the eaves of Mirkwood to head for the White Council meeting in 2941.

OK, the last reason is useless to argue against.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email