Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Post (OCC) A Hundred Years: My Friend, My Enemy (NT)
on: August 03, 2014 11:43
Greetings fellow Role Players,

This is the OCC for a future RP. It is based in 1341 Middle Ages France at the very beginning of the Hundred Years War. It is called the War of the Breton Succession in which England joined till the Truce of Malestroit. Two years later King Edward III invaded France with an army of 7,000-10,000 men. The famous battles of Battle of Caen, Battle of Blanchetaque, and Battle of Crécy. Here are some links which can explain things better than I can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years%27_War_(1337%E2%80%9360)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Breton_Succession

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years%27_War

Please try to keep things as accurate as you can. Also read the RP rules.

Thank you

Cenor

[Edited on 08/04/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Here is my character:

Peter Thatcher (Cenor)
Race: English
Height: 6" 1"
Location: Born in England but has spent last two years in France
Family: Father, (Alfred) Mother, (Ruth) Aunt, (Francis) and Nephew (Philip).
Animals: none
Weapons: Spanish Yew Bow and broadsword

Personality: Bright and merry but can be solemn at times.

Appearance: Grey eyes and sandy brown hair that is cut short. He is broad chested from years of farm work, tussling with friends, sword training, and archery. He wears simple clothing and tall boots.

History:
He is the son of a wealthy yeoman, who owns 200 acres of land. Peter accompanied his father to France on a business trip in Brittany that extended to two years. During his stay Peter made friends with Etienne Charbont, a French lad of the same age. His father returned to England but left his son to fight for Montfort family.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oh forgot to say:

That the Hundred Years War will be covered in several different parts

This particular part will last about ten years.

Some months and years will be skipped due to lack of activity in those years or a continuing siege.

And Have fun!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will be posting my character profile in the coming days.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
And here is my French character:

Francois de Laville (Cenor)
Race: French
Height: 5" 10"
Location: France, the chateau of the Laville and the lands surrounding
Family: Father (Count de Laville) Mother (Countess de Laville) Sister (Marie)
Animals: Horse (Rollo)
Weapons: Sword and dagger

Personality: Lighthearted and can seem unconcerned. Can be quite a fop yet at other times brave and valiant.

Appearance: Has brown hair and dark eyes. Likes to wear rich clothing.

History:
Francois is setting out with 20 of his father’s retainers to aid Charles of Bois in the siege of Hennebont. He is currently looking for a second in command for his group.

Maxie if your character has interest in being Second in Command he is more than welcome.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That soudns great, Cenor. I'll be back here in a few minutes with my character.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Here is my character!

http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/ettiene-charbont/
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
How's my French Maxie? I used google to translate. Didn't know if Ettiene's sister knew English.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will check it out and let you know.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I think this sounds really interesting! I need to brush up on my history first though.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Try the links above Eruwestiel!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Looks like I have some serious reading to do. I think I'll pull out my history textbook as well.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eruwestiel, I think you would be a lovely addition to this RP with your writing style.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, Cenor's at me to join this thing...but I, like Eruwestiel, need to review. Dude, this'll take forever...

So maybe I'll be joining...in five years...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oh well then there will still be 95 years for you to fight Mareth
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Ha ha.

Mom said this can count as part of my school, so after I read all that stuff, I guess I'll be joining. If I can think of a good character, that is.

~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yes!

Which brings me to my question: French or English?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I have no idea...which side are you and Maxie on?
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, I read through the article on the Breten Succession and some of the main Hundred Years War one. It is a bit complicated, but I believe I have the main gist of it now.

What type of characters do you need right now? I'm good with French, English, or both.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
@Mareth Since Maxie has slowed down I'm not entirely sure if she will continue with this thread. She played a Frenchman and I played an Englishman and Frenchman.

@Eruwestiel It is complicated and I hope I don't get something wrong . Um French I think...oh wait English...both.

In answer to both of your questions you can choose English or French (just note that this will be historical fictionish I have no clue if an Englishman was involved during the beginning of the Siege of Hennebont.)
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
So really everyone will be French because this is set in Brittany, correct? At this point all that really matters is what side of the succession dispute you're on.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Well my English bowman is in Hennebont. Yes it doesn't matter.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry that I haven't posted lately. I have been very into school stuff, when things calm down a little more, I'll try to post. Right now i am involved in my two major RP's, Crossed Paths, which was my first, and Over Burnt Bridges, which I created.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
That's okay, a slow RP with you is better than none.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
That's okay, a slow RP with you is better than none.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email