Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
parluggla
Council Member
Send Message
Post The post-movie era
on: January 09, 2015 03:17
Now that the films are finally over -- and no real chance to have more -- a new era dawns for Tolkien's writings and us, their trustees.

Nature is like a silent mother, playing the eternal host, smiling, frowning, but not saying anything. Mother Nature doesn't speak with words. But listening closely eventually brings emotions, and then proper actions. This describes for me how Tolkien built Middle Earth. It will always be my mother.
fëalisse
Council Member
Send Message
That's beautiful, parlugga!

I didn't even go see the Battle of Five Armies. The Trilogy was incredible and brought Middle Earth to life for me. But I realize that to explore further, I will have to go back and reread the Silmarillion and Tolkien's letters. It will be different without the thrill of anticipating a movie release. But I also know that this way, the world will become more a part of me and I'm looking forward to that.
Image Nessa ~ Dance Like Nobody's Watching ~
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I did not see BotFA yet either. But I agree. There is so much more for us all to delve into.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Post The post-movie era
on: January 19, 2015 01:21
parluggla said:Now that the films are finally over ...

Not quite!
For myself, I will only see the theater version of BoFA when the DVD has gone on sale.
And for ALL of us, there is still the EE DVD; which will hopefully do for us what the EE of DoS did, as far as the movie is concerned.
(AuJ EE was the biggest disappointment for me in this sense.)
And as a confirmed Appendices freak, that part is also something I am still looking forward to, it was really good all of the five times so far.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Actually, this might be a good thing. It might encourage people to explore more of Tolkien's work and creation, to read the Silmarillion at least. The history of the Middle-earth is not limited to the events related in The Hobbit or LOTR alone. There are three ages full of excitement and danger before the events we're all so familiar with!
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with that, Nif. That is what I have been trying to do lately.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email