Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Post Conjugation of "trenar-"?
on: April 20, 2015 08:57
I'm having some difficulty with this one. I'm not sure if it's just me, or if the section on this verb in the Workbook is unclear.

I'm looking for the way to say "I told" in simple past tense. The workbook says it "seems to conjugate like normal except for the Past Tense, Perfective Active Participle, and Passive Participle."

The past tense (I assume 3rd person) is trenor. The workbook says nothing on how trenar- in the past tense interacts with pronominal endings, so I have no idea if "I told" should be trenorin (which is identical to the plural Passive Participle) or something else entirely. If anyone can give me more detail on this or the other pronominal endings, I'd be eternally grateful.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
Lynk
Council Member
Send Message
Well there is an easier way to just say "I told" using the verb "ped-" (to say, to speak)

As "trenar-" means "to recount, to tell to end"

But if that is your intention I would conjugate it like this:

trenernin = I told to end
trenerninol = You told to end (formal)
trenerninog = You told to end (informal)
trenern = He/she/it told to end
trenernim = We told to end
trenerninelir = You (all) told to end (formal)
trenerninegir = You (all) told to end (informal)
trenernir = They to to end

De andelu ervenin! Mabo i grist hen. It's dangerous to go alone! Take this sword!
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email