Register

Author Topic:
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Banner of Dol Amroth
on: May 02, 2015 12:09
Greetings all,

I have not been around here in a while, well along while actually...

I am planning making a Banner of Dol Amroth, Yet I had an issue that I could not make my mind up upon, pray someone whom is learned in the Lore of Gondor could perhaps help me?

Would the banner have the stars and crown above the swan headed ship, so as to show allegiance to the King?

Its just without it looks rather bland.

Thank you most kindly.

-Chris

(I posted this in books but the admin suggested I post here)
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
He may not have been allowed to include the crown on his banner, perhaps not even the seven stars.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Chris, I think you should fashion the banner in the way that is most pleasing to you.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the replies my friends, I think your quite right Lindarielwen, I shall do a bit more research then get to work.

Thank you both.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Chris, it is good to see you hanging around a little and I look forward to seeing your finished product.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Me too! You do some pretty awesome work!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you both, I am afraid I shall not be able to finish it for a month or two since I am moving house, but I shall certainly upload it here when I am done. I would like to or I hope to do a cosplay of a Knight of Dol Amroth one day.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email