Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
Post Vote for your favorite LOTR or Hobbit Movie!
on: May 24, 2015 05:17
Now that all 6 Middle Earth movies have been completed (except for the EE of BOFTA), which is your favorite of them all? Or do you love them all equally?
Please respect everyone's choices, and be positive !

For myself, I love all 6 but have a preference for the LOTR Triology.
The Fellowship of The Ring
23% (5)
The Two Towers
18% (4)
The Return of The King
9% (2)
An Unexpected Journey
0% (0)
The Desolation of Smaug
5% (1)
The Battle of The Five Armies
5% (1)
I love all 3 LOTR movies equally, and prefer them over the Hobbit movies.
18% (4)
I love all 3 Hobbit movies equally, and prefer them over the LOTR movies.
0% (0)
I love all 6 Middle Earth movies equally.
23% (5)
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
All six. Of course The Hobbit trilogy is much more of a fan-fic than The Lord of the Rings trilogy, there being much more to fill in, so from a canon point of view LoTR definitely trumps TH. But just looking at them as fantasy movies, I would need other opinions to help me find better ones.
I must admit, though, that all in all, I have seen very few movies before or after LoTR which would fit into its fantasy genre. The two-part TV movie "The Color of Magic" based on two books by Terry Pratchett comes to mind, with Sean Astin as very much a Bilbo character (and Christopher Lee lending his voice to a rather hapless "Death" ) being a bit of a take on LoTR, as Pratchett himself acknowledged.
And then there's the Shrek quadrilogy!
I have read nothing and seen only a couple of the Harry Potters, and on this rather slim basis would not put them quite in the same genre as JRRT.

[Edited on 05/25/2015 by Gandolorin]
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
I would put them in order of:
1) Fellowship
Joint 2) Two Towers
Joint 2) Return of the King
4) Desolation
5) Battle of the Five Armies
6) Uexpected journey

I think that all of the LOTR films are better than the Hobbit, because even as a story the LOTR far surpasses the scale of the Hobbit. As movies I think they are stunning, and I think that the effort that went into them with limited technology compared to that of today shows in the final cut.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
I agree that I cannot think of a fantasy movie that is better than any of the Middle Earth movies!
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Council Member
Send Message
The Desolation of Smaug is my absolute favorite (probably because nothing bad happens to Thorin, I hate that), since I could live on that movie!

Here's my preferred order of both the Hobbit and LotR movies (that I'll list separately, since it's too hard to rank them all together):

The Hobbit:

DoS (for reasons already stated)
AUJ
BoFA (not because I hate it, but it's too emotionally draining to list as my favorite)

LotR:

TT
RotK
FotR (again, not because I hate it, but I rarely list the first movie in a trilogy as my favorite, I usually prefer one of the sequels).

[Edited on 05/26/2015 by Lady Oakenshield]
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I said all six. I like to think of them as one saga about the Ring, the Baggins, and the rise and fall of Sauron.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
WingFoot III
Council Member
Send Message
The Return of the King is my favorite, but I love all 6 movies with a preference for the LotR movies.
SigNew
"I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor."
~ Aragorn The Fellowship Of The Ring
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
TTT for me.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

kerno_baggins
Council Member
Send Message
Fellowship of the Ring. ... I think I like it the mousy because it was what introduced me too the world of Middle Earth
Captain Boromir
Council Member
Send Message
I love them all but had to go with Fellowship of the Ring. It introduced me to the world and you get to see the Shire.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email