Name: Yavanna Kementári
Titles: Giver of fruits, Queen of the Earth
Appearance: When taking the form of a woman, she was tall, and robed in green. However, she was also known to take other shapes, including a tall cypress tree standing under heaven, crowned with the Sun. The tree had a golden dew spilling from all its branches, its roots were in the waters of Ulmo, and the winds of Manwë spoke in its leaves.
Attributes: All things concerning growth and life.
Maia: None mentioned.
Home: Yavanna lived in a mansion called Ilmarin on the summit of Taniquetil – in the mountains of Valinor.
– Asked Aulë to create the Lamps of the Valar.
– Devised and planted the first seeds. Protectress of all the kelvar. Brought forth the forests of Arda, and protected life in the lands of Middle Earth during the Ages of Darkness by casting an enchantment over the mortal lands – known as the Sleep of Yavanna.
– Sang a song of power besides the green mound at Valinor, and caused the Two Trees to come into being.
– Pleaded to Eru to create the Ents to safeguard her trees from harm.
– Created Galathilion – a lesser image of Telperion – for the Vanyar and Noldor in Tirion.
– Plucked the last flower of Telperion, and the last fruit of Laurelin after the despoiling of The Trees. She gave them to Aulë and Manwë, and they were fashioned into the sun and the moon.
– Aided in the creation of Andor.
Relatives: elder sister of Vána