Description: A No-Meat version of Bilbo's famous Sunday dinner we all love.
Submitted by: admin on 2004-07-21 14:37:28
Serves: 2 hungry Hobbits, or 6 Elves
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients3 organic russet potatoes
4 organic red "creamer" potatoes
2 ribs organic celery
3 organic carrots
1 cup pearl onions
1 package Brown Gravy or gravy made with Gravy Master
1/2 package onion-mushroom soup mix
opional fresh herbs: rosemary, thyme
InstructionsPeheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop celery, carrots, potatoes, and onions.
- In a steamer basket steam potatoes, carrots, and celery until they are beginning to soften--about 10-15 minutes.
- While the veggies are steaming, place the onions in a greased casserole or roasting pan and place in the oven.
- Roast the onions for about 10 minutes---until they begin to brown. You may also saute in a pan until browned.
- Remove the onions and glaze the roasting pan with the olive oil and some water.
- Add steamed vegetables to the roasting pan and toss lightly to distribute.
- In a small saucepan add 2 cups cold water, the gravy mix and the soup mix.
-Bring the mixture to a boil and pour over veggies.
-Add fresh herbs (if using) and a few cracks of pepper
-Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake (covered) for 30-45 minutes