Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Zeire Faery (Free to Join)
on: November 20, 2003 05:56
(((The spelling mistakes are purposely made)))
Wanted

Crew members, loyaty is a need, doesn't have a problm if chosin for cleaning crew on ship for awhile. Doesn't whine or complain, no atidudes that repersent 'I-am-the-best'. Sneaky is of present need, but must be very Loyal. No matter if of any Fantasy desent.

Note: Captain does not give a care if you're female or male, you all get treated the same while working and if you can't take it, there's a nice little rowboat to the right side of the ship.

No need to worry, F and M quaters are seperated.

Signed,
Captan Zeirephyer Jones

~~~~

The ship is named 'The Zeire Faery', and can't be missed out in the docks, it's the one that looks very close in remseblence to that Spanish that went missing quite afew years ago (if you get my meaning)

The captain is no other then the less-then-famous Zeirephyer Jones, who only has a reputation for his famous conquer of several Army ships. And his second-in-command companion, Madae (who is less the lady she looks). His crew consists of several people, Nae and Loku who is in charge of the cannons and weaponry, Memoch who takes care of the maps, Oppel who steers. Haggerty, who tend to the sails, and most important of all, Key who cooks.

As you can see, Zeirephyer is indeed in need of more people for his sail to the next Land for tradings. So, pack your bags and come aboard, and don't worry, Madae and the Crew don't bite, but I can't assure that Zeirephyer's Bark is worse then his bite.

~~~~

Zeirephyer sneered, another fine day. Already he could feel them plotting a way to get him hanged for something he did do, but didn't start. He felt the boards of the Faery creak, he quickly relaxed his face and closed his eyes. It was all too quiet, he heard someone approach and at the last minute he drew a knife to the person, and opened his eyes quickly. It was Madae, who was grinning sheepishly. "We've got some new recruits." she said.

Nuav
Buckland_Lass
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Zeire Faery (Free to Join)
on: November 30, 2003 09:57
//Zeirephyer sneered, another fine day. Already he could feel them plotting a way to get him hanged for something he did do, but didn't start. He felt the boards of the Faery creak, he quickly relaxed his face and closed his eyes. It was all too quiet, he heard someone approach and at the last minute he drew a knife to the person, and opened his eyes quickly. It was Madae, who was grinning sheepishly. "We've got some new recruits." she said.//

Stepping asised quickly, Madae revealed a young girl about sixteen or seventeen and, if his eyes weren't failing him, a sheep.

Zeirephyer stared blankly at the sheep before looking back to the girl. And, looking more closely at her, he realized that the only reason he had realized that she was a girl was from years of being on the sea and knowing that appearances could be decieving.

With short, messy brown hair, eyes that looked like the open sea on a calm day, an expression that spoke of sleepless nights, baggy mens clothes...and a sheep, which seemed to be eyeballing Zeirephyer, the girl looked more like someone who should have been politely locked away than a sailor.

"What's yer name, girly?"

"Penya. Penya Fúmë."

~/Hello! Hope you don't mind my OC. If you want more info on her, just look her up. There's a story behind her and her...sheep. Hope to have lots of fun!/~
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2003 08:05
Zeirephyer quirked a eye brow, looking at the sheep with some destest. "Madae, you did explain to Penya here that livestock stay below board...si?" he said, speaking in a unsure tone. Madae gave a look of disapointment. Zeirephyer glared at her, and waved her off.

"Well, Penya, welcome aboard. Is that all you got with you? If not, you'd betta fetch it fast. The Faery plans to set sail within the next few days, if not this afternoon." he eyed the sheep, though the red eyes were very unnerving, he took it as a but normal albino sheep. "If you plan to cook, Key has already that job, but I think he'd gladly trade it anytime. Your needed in the sails, Haggerty has a might time with the ropes that stiffened from the last frost. Madae will show you around, no time to daddle or fiddle, the ship needs it's crew. Later on." he said swiftly, Madae came back again, and Zeirephyer disappeared to somewhere below the ship.

"Don't worry, he's in a slow mood." she said, "Nice sheep there, will you two be sharing quaters?"

Nuav
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2003 11:41
Dru walked up to the Zeire Fairy and sniffed slightly. Strange name for a ship. It didn't really matter to her, though, she had been on ships with much stranger names than this. A wind kicked up and she tied her long black hair back to keep it out of her face. She turned to see if her brother was catching up.

"C'mon now Drake, how long can it take you?" she called. She sighed in anger as she saw that he had caught some young blond. Dru ran over and shoved the girl out of the way, grabbing his arm with her fingernails. "Lover boy, we better get going!"

Her twin growled. "What did you do that for?" He was trying to loosen her grip, but was failing.

"If we want that job, we have to get there, now c'mon."

"Fine, fine. But next time, just say so. Ouch! That hurts!" She had dug her fingernails deeper into his skin to make him walk faster. They walked up to the ship and met someone on deck.

"Hello!" Drake said cheerily, "I'm Drake and this is my twin sister Dru. We were wondering if we could still get a job on board. We've been on ships all our lives, and we can do pratically anything you need."

Dru let go of her brother and looked around. She liked to pretend she had no idea what he was talking about, he was always way too cheery. Who could be cheery after mom died?

[Edited on 2/12/2003 by Saurid]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2003 07:23
Silien was, to put it shortly, broke. Again. Not having a job, and having been kicked out of the last village she had strayed into, she had wandered in and spent her last silver pieces on a cheap room for the night and more than a few ales. Actually... she had gotten in a fight, been kicked out of the pub, and spent the night slumped against a well in the town square. She now sat up and stretched, massaging the kinks out of her neck as she stood. She sighed. The nights were cold, and if she didn't have money she would have to spend them outside. She could steal the money, but then she would be kicked out of town and forced to find another village. So... the only choice was to get a job. An honest job.

She began to walk around, wondering where to begin. She had never really had a job before. That was when she saw him, heading out of the same Inn she had been kicked out of last night.

"Naur! Naur! It's wonderful to see ya! It's been a while!" seh called, running up to the elf. Perhaps she wouldn't need a job, if she could just borrow some money off of him...

She found herself flat on the ground, however. She stood up slowly, rubbing the side of her face. Ow.

"What was that for?" she asked angrily. Not liking the fact that he had just hit a woman, Naur helped her up, trying to look more angry than guilty.

"Look," he said, pointing to his right eye- it happened to have a nice ring of black and blue about it. "Don't you remember last night?"

"No... but, the color looks nice with your eyes..."

"Silien, you were drunk. Beyond drunk. And you hit me- many times." He rolled up his sleeves and showed her several bruises, nail, and, strangely enough, teeth marks. She grinned sheepishly and rubbed her sore cheek.

"Right... and can ye tell me why I did that? I... don't quite remember, ye see, and..."

"I said no when you asked me for money." Her hopes fell.

Looks like I'll be gettin' a job afterall, she thought, sighing. She turned and began to walk away, swaying more than a little as she attempted to leave him.

"Where are you going?" he called after her. She stopped, turned around, and sighed dramatically.

"To get... a job." She put on her best "pity me" face- he laughed at her, nearly falling over as he clutched his stomach helplessly.

"You... get... a job? I haven't known you for so long, but... wow, this I have to see." He followed after her while she pretended that she didn't know he was there. After an hour of wandering around the village, they ended up near the docks. Silien was becoming more and more frustrated, Naur more and more amused. She threw her hands in the air and screamed.

"I GIVE UP!" she shouted.

"I didn't think you'd make it."

"Well maybe I could if someone would help!"

"Oh, so you want my help now?"

"Yes!" There was a moment of silience.

"Well? What do you want help with?"

"Where... might one get a job in this town, so to speak?" Naur thumbed at a poster tacked on the side of one of the tall posts used to tie ships to the pier.

"Wanted..." she read aloud. "Crew members, loyaty is a need, doesn't have a problm if chosin for cleaning crew on ship for awhile. Doesn't whine... etc etc etc... male and female quarters separated? Aw..." she frowned. Naur shook his head.

"Thank the Valar."

She smiled. "Well then! If that's the only problem, then let's go!" she headed off- away from the huge ship tied up nearby. Naur took her by the shoulders and steered her in the right direction. They went up the gangplank and onto the deck.

"What are ye doin'?" she asked.

"I have to see this. I'm coming with." She turned to face him- and tripped over something woolly in the middle of the deck, for a moment crashing into a man that was most likely the captain. She fell with a small yelp and then crawled to her feet, finding herself staring into the eyes of a sheep. She shook her head, wondering if it was the product of too much ale, but stood and faced the man who appeared to be the captain.

"Captain!" she said, putting her hand to her forhead in a salute. "I hear ya need crewmembers for this here ship. I'm willin' to go with you, wherever that may be." She thought it very poetic-sounding.

"Silien..." Naur stepped up behind her.

"And this here is my friend Naur, as trustworthy as me, though not nearly as charmin'," she cut him off.

"Silien..."

"As he's mentioned before, my name is Silien. WHatever you need, I'm your elf..."

"Silien, give the man his money back otherwise you can go looking for another place to stay," Naur said, giving an exasperated sigh. She smiled and bit her lip, pulling a bag of coins out of the pocket of her ragged cloak.

"Well... I guess it just kinda slipped in there when I fell, ye know," she said, handing it back to him.

"You'll have to excuse her... she's really a good person," Naur said. Why he was speaking on her behalf he had no clue, and they were both getting odd looks for their bruised faces. He shifted his weight and waited for the man to answer.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 07:15
Ooc- 'Ello!

Zeirephyer stood up, and brushed himself off a touch. Madae stood patiently to Penya's right, ready to show her the quaters.

"'Ae there. Been on ships all your lives? You look more of the land type, but with those word's you need not say more. I'm Captain Zeirephyer Jones, or Jones for short. Which is your best part in experience on a ship? We cannot have too many on one job.." he gave a nod, before turning to look at the other ones. He gave a stern glare and gratefully took his money back.

Sneaky, bruised, looks like a tough two he thought, eyeing them before replying. "No matter, she'd wouldn't have gotten far on land with those coins jingling, there is lots of thieves on the docks. A little too bold of a offer, no? Silien, you seem to have a good eye for money, would that eye be as good as for scanning the horizen? What's your companion's quality?" he said, still giving a stern look. Madae was slightly eyeing the bruises, but said nothing.

"You two betta keep down thee fighting, otherwise you'll both get tossed overboard." he said, suspicious of the bruises also.

Nuav
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 09:55
Dru looked down at herself when Zeirephyer said they looked more the land type. She grimaced at her skirt. Spending so much time with her cousin seemed to have left its affect on her. All she really needed to to was take some of her brother's clothes.

"I do best at the helm, and my brother... well..." she took a side-glance at her brother, "He use to be a captain, ye see and ee can do bout anything. If yer short on a job, eh'll to that for ye." She was pleased to hear her priate slang coming back, her cousin had tried to force it out of her.
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 11:33
Saysen sat in the crow's nest of the ship, watching the people below. He'd seen the ship from the harbor hoped aboard while no one was watching, and heard that they were looking for sailors.Well, that suited him just fine, somethin' to keep him busy.
"Best make my entrance," the gangly youth murmured, and jumped lightly from the crows nest to the ground. "You got a nice ship," he told the captain. "You looking for ship hands?"
(((I'm working on his profile, it'll be up in the database soon!)))
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 12:04
Zeirephyer gave a curt nod. "You can work with Haggerty at the sails, and your brother..Drake, can give Madae a hand with the orders." he said in a bold tone, though moved quickly back as the youth jumped down. "Ya, I'd be looking for ship hands. But I don't respect people who jump onto my ship without notice." he snapped defensively. Madae shot a glare at the captain, "Jones, he's looking for a job and it be as well that at least he doesin work fer SeaSpray." she said sharply, though backed down quickly.

Zeirephyer wasin a hurry to get his order from the Inn before it went up for grabs. "Madae, deal with the quaters, and make is fast, otherwise you'll be late for rashins." he commanded quickly, giving a nod, and passing though the group roughly and leaving onto the docks. Madae was looking curiously at Naur and gave a short jump when Zeirephyer gave her a order. "Well, I suppose he was in such a dang rush, he forget to ask your name. What is it? As some of you heard, I'm Madae, and I'll be showing you around, since..." she trailed off into murmmers of something.

Nuav
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 01:38
"The name's Saysen," he said, bowing to the lady. "Saysen Silme-lamba (((ther's supposed to be a line over the e, but i don't know how to do that. It means silver-tounge))) At your service. "
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 04:11
So shocked was she that she actually had a job, Silien stood speechless for a moment. She shook her head quickly and smiled.

"Thank ye kindly, sir," she said. "'Where would ye like me to go? Any job is fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My name is Naur," Naur said, quietly, not entirely sure if the girl ((Madae)) was talking to him or the one who had appeared out of nowhere. He turned to the captain.

"I've never been on a ship before, to tell you the truth, but I can adjust quickly. Any job is fine with me as well." He nearly winced as the man stared him down, most likely looking at his injuries. He mentally cursed Silien- he hadn't been the drunk one! And now they both looke dlike shady characters. He sighed- such was life.
Buckland_Lass
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 08:23
Penya shifted from foot-to-foot, slightly nervous about being near so many new people.

'Guess I'll just have to get used to it.' Kneeling next to her sheep, Penya scrached his ears as Saysen, Dru, Drake, Naur, Silien, and Madae talked about positions on aboard the ship.

"Oh!" cried Madae, turning slightly and catching sight of Penya again, " I nearly forgot about you with you being so quiet back there. Of all you've heard, where do think you'll fit in best?"

Looking up from her sheep, who seemed to glare at those gathered near his mistress, Penya spoke slowly, as someone waking from a long sleep.

"Since the Dru-girl is goin' to be working with Haggerty, I'll help out with Key an' the cooking. To be honest, I don't much mind what job you put me to. But, on the subject of quarters, if at all possible, I'd prefer to sleep out here when possible. I don't feel much comfortable around others when it comes to sleeping." Pausing for a moment, Penya added with a faraway voice, "People don't tend to sleep near me..."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2003 10:06
Dru turned to her brother and punched him in the arm. "Ye'll be a waitress now, lil brother!"

Drake glared at her. "Yea, yea. But I ain't takin no special orders fer you." He turned to Madae. "When will ye need my help?"

Dru walked over to the edge of the ship and looked out at the water, letting the breeze sift through her hair and cool her face. She smiled at the peace and tranquility of it all. She sighed, If only everything could always be this beautiful.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2003 03:43
Madae gave a smile. "Penya, you may sleep out on the deck whenever you want." she replied, dismissing the odd part about no-sleeping. "Saysen, you seem able body on the ship, how are you with weaponry?" she asked, then turned to Drake, Silien, and Nar. "Drake, you'd betta expect to be called upon in most un-earthly hours, sleep when you can." she gave a wink. "Silien, you can keep a out-look when we do get out to see, but until then, you both might want to help with the rodents, we must keep 'em off, but don't worry, this ship is quite clean and not infested." she said, and noticed the slightly disgusted looks she recieved from them.

"Dru, you can go see Haggerty later on, or now if you want. Jones is bound ta show up askin' for the crew to help load the supplies by noon at least."

Nuav
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2003 04:09
"well," Saysen said. "I can clean an' polish a sword good enough if that's what your talkin' about, and I know how to take care of about every weapon without completly breakin' it, but my favorite's staff fighting." He looked around the tidy ship, trying to think of somewhere he could make a mess without being yelled at. Then the thought of food hit him. "We get a meal here an' there?" he asked Madae.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 04:12
Silien sighed heavily. Not what she had had in mind for a job... but it would do.

"Guess ye an' I are on rat-patrol, then," she said, nudging Drake.

"I think she was talking to me," Naur said. Silien shrugged.

"Whatever suits ya. Now when will we be gettin' our rooms?"

Naur was now very confused, as he had no idea what his duty was at the moment. :dizzy:
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 04:28
Drake smiled at Silien's comment. "I think she was talking to Naur too, although... I'm not sure."

"Where can I find Haggerty?" she asked. She might as well get to know the guy... or do something useful.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 05:01
Madae gave a grin. "You're both on rat patrol." she said plain-out. "Well, Saysen, you can meet Nae and Loku after. They'd be in their quaters at the moment, probley sleeping." she took a step backwards. "You can find Haggerty at the front of the boat, he's discussing the matter of the sails and the plotted course. But y'alll follow me now." she beckoned them as she walked to the middle of the ship, to show a strudy stairway that went down into the boat. "The men's quaters are to the left, we have nice N' soft cots and you get two shelves each. The woman are at the right, you get the same as the men. Both rooms have two high windows for light. I strongly suggest candles and lamps after dark." she explained quickly.

"The kitchen is over there." she pointed to a middle-sized room to the back of the ship. "You get food in there three times a day, or twice if you've been lazy." she said. "Key will punished all intruders, and thieves with a good whapping on the bottom with a pan. Absense of supper will occur if you return to try again. He's very testy." she smiled. "Haggerty likes to talk, just to warn. Nae and Loku are friendly, but beware them and their tricks, they're brothers. Memoch is not the nicest person, he's stubborn as a stick in the mud. Oppel you'll rarely hear from, he's quiet." she explained the rest of the crew in a simple way. "Penya, please keep your sheep from Haggerty's sight, he has..a taste for sheep...though I don't think you'd have to worry with that sheep." she gave a happy grin.

Nuav
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 06:36
Naur sighed as he picked out a cot. Surely he could do something more useful than "rat patrol," as Silien put it. He flopped on the bed and after a moment dozed off.

He awake about ten minutes later, only now realizing how tired he was. He decided that now would be as good a time as ever to aquaint himself with the others. He went abovedecks and began searching, but soon found something he hadn't expected to see: Silien standing by the railing, looking over into the water, perfectly quiet and still. He approached her cautiously.

"Silien? What's wrong?" She started and turned to face him.

"I was just... lookin' out to the sea. So calm, ye know? I love the smell of it," she turned around again and stared out into the endless ocean. He stepped up next to her- she obviously had some connection to it he didn't understand. But, after all, she was an elf...

He looked at her face and saw the sea reflected in her deep eyes. Even though she had a very rough appearance, there was still beauty there... he shook his head and placed his hand on her arm. She didn't move. He gave a slight squeeze and then left to find someone who would talk.

Silien smiled. It just felt so right to be there... near the ocean.

((Pointless, I know, but yeah. ))

[Edited on 12/5/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 02:59
Saysen chuckled at the comment about the crew liking to play tricks, he had a few tricks up his own sleeve...
He went down and found himself an unoccupied bunk and dumped his meager belongings on it.
"Now," he said to himself. "Let's see if we can find these Nae and Loku." He went back up onto the deck and meandered around until he came back to where this whole thing had strated, the crow's nest. With a comforted sigh, he hopped nimbly up the rope to the 'nest and looked out on the vastness of the ocean. "It's a new adventure Saysen," he said to himself. "And I'm gonna have me some fun."
"What're you doin' up there?" someone asked from below.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 03:59
Nae looked up suspiciously at the young man in the crowsnest. "Well, ya goin' to ansaw or do I have ta shake it outta ya?" the he said, his voice was not rough, but rather whiny with a touch of harshness. Loku was busy making sure all the weapons werein place, though he pondered the thought of sneaking into the kitchen for a bite to eat. Nae was well built with fiery red hair that stuck out all over and a thin covering that showed he hadn't shaved for a while. Loku on the other hand was very lean, maybe because of his encounters with Key, or maybe elsewise. He had the same kind of hair, but had a clean face with lots of freckles. They both looked about 28, Loku looked the youngest.

"Lok, I think we'sss 'ave a nu one." Nae gave a quick shout, and Loku looked out at Nae, then up at the Crowsnest.

Nuav
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 05:34
Drake sighed. "Great... rat patrol. Sounds like fun." He gave a fake grin and walked down to the men's quarters to take a nap.

Dru walked up to the front of the ship where a couple men were talking. "Which one o' yal is Haggerty?" she asked, brushing her hair off her shoulder.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 06:12
Two men stood at the front, clearly disagreeing over something. One was holding a map and pointing at it, with a determined look, and the other looked quite peeved. They both stopped in mid-chatter when Dru said something. The holding the map pointed at the other. "Why, 'ello m'dear." the man said. "You must be Dru, Madae mentioned you to me. I am Haggerty." he said, ignoring the other one who must've been Oppel.

Actually, Haggerty was very tall, taller then Zeirephyer even at chance. With short brown hair done in a strange style, and green eyes. He had a simple white shirt with pants and boots, a weather-worn coat flipped over one shoulder. He looked tall, but quite thin at body and more stronger at the arms and legs. The other man was only a tiny bit taller then Madae, and had corn-coloured hair with fierce brown eyes. "I was just discussing travel plans with Oppel." he added after a minute of silence.

Nuav
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 10:03
Silien shook her head, as if coming out of a trance. She was vaguely aware that Naur had been talking to her... she shrugged, then followed Drake downstairs.

"What d'ye think yer doin'?" she asked, stepping inside and flopping down on Naur's cot- she could from his things that had been tossed on it in a very disorganized way. Drake opened an eye and looked at her suspiciously.

"I'm taking a nap." He rolled over. Silien reched inside the pocket of the huge, ragged coat she wore and took out a bottle. At the sound of the cork popping off the top Drake rolled back over to see what she was doing. She took a long drink of the ale inside.

"Care for a drink?" she asked, holding out the bottle.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2003 05:48
"Sure," Drake replied, taking the bottle. He took a long swig and handed it back to her. "This is good, where'd ye get it?"

Dru smiled at Haggerty. "It sounded te me more like yal were fighting. I was jus wonderin if there was anything I could be doing to help."
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2003 06:44
Haggerty gave a smirk. "Of course. But maybe you could help Oppel here in understanding the weather of the seasons where the Faery shall be sailing?" he asked, adding vemon to the help part, and recieving a smug look from Oppel. "I understand it, your the one who needs help!" he snapped. Haggerty gave a shrug and walked away from the stubborn mapper.

"There isn't any to be helped with at the moment. Except to check the sails, I fear parts of them might be too weak for the strong winds after last voyage." it was a little odd the way he talked, not pirate nor ship slang at all, very proper amost. Though the crew often bugged him about it.

Nuav
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2003 07:53
Saysen hopped up onto the edge of the crow's nest and somersaulted to the deck.
"'ello," he said causually. "You must be Nae and Loku, the name's Saysen. I'm to be helpin' you out."
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2003 10:22
Silien shrugged. "Some guy in the last town I was in wasn't watching 'is pockets carefully enough." She shrugged again. "So... where are ye from? An' what brings ye here?"
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2003 12:07
"Well... I was born in a small port on the edge of England, but I've lived on boats all me life. Me parents left me n mah sister wen we were lil without sayin nothin to nobody. We float around lookin for ranom jobs on boats. I was a captain for a while, til the British went and stole me boat and condemmed me crew. Now I'm ere to work. What about you?"

Dru nodded to Haggerty. "I'll go check those sails, I think I got some extra material I could strengthen them with." She walked off and looked up the mast. She could tell the highest sail was a little weak, but the others looked fine. She went down to the lady's quarters, where she had left her bag, took out some extra cloth and a thick needle and some wool thread and climbed up the mast to fix the sail.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2003 03:19
Silien fidgeted uncomfortably. "Well... when I was younger, me an' me family were travellin' and we were robbed. They all died, but I got away. They found me, hidin' under a log in the woods, and the theives took me as one of their own." She pulled out a necklace hidden under her shirt and held it up to show him the gem. "I took this from one of 'em, my family, I mean. I don't remember who they were, just that they're all dead. So anyhow, I stayed witht he theive for a while until they decided to kill someone. After that I left. I've gotten in trouble in alot o' villages, so I have to move around. I ran out of money so I went here lookin' for work." She blinked in surprise. That had been easier to say than she had thought, but now she felt embarassed. "Well... I never told ye, just so ye know." She got up and went back abovedecks.

[Edited on 7/12/2003 by Beleg_Strongbow]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2003 03:45
Drake watched Silien leave with sorrow filled eyes. How horrible! At least he had known some of his family, and he still had his sister, but her... he warmed up towards Silien just then. He rolled over and stared up at the cieling, thinking. Silien seemed like a nice girl. He hoped they could become freinds.

Dru started sewing the material onto the weak part of the sail. Below, she could hear the exclamation of one of the others as they watched her. She finished and tied off the thread and made her way down the mast. When she reached the bottom, someone asked. "Why didn't you just take the sail down?"

Dru shrugged. "Thaz no fun. Plus, it'd take longer." She went down and put the material and the needle back and then came back upstairs. She sat on the railing and stared out at the water, sighing contentedly. She always loved being on a ship, it was home to her.

[Edited on 7/12/2003 by CarolP]
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 11:35
Zeirephyer returned within the hour, his eyes narrowed and fuming as he walked back on board the ship.

"MADAE!!!" he called, stopping, crossing his arms and looking around the ship out of habit. He noticed the added material on the sails. Madae appeared within the minute.

"What is it Captain?" she asked, wary of his expression.

"Aperently, you neglected to mention the high costs of sat thief's supplies! And what was done to the sails?" he looked over to Dru, of whom Haggerty was talking to.

"High prices? Well, actually they're the cheapst I could find, ya know. It's hard to find supplies when you have a old reputation of leaving money ends." she explained. "And Dru there patched up the sails, it hafta do since you don't have enough for the sails to be brought inland and worked on." she added, sighing.

Zeirephyer raised a eyebrow. "Right. Well, I suppose I'll have to get back to the man yet...hope he didn't take those insults to what ever he has for a heart." he muttered and left again.
~~~

Nae and Loku looked to each other with smirks.

"I'va put the weapons in plass already. Maybe he could-?"
"Poliss 'em?"

Loku looked back to the compartment. "I'ss don't know. Maybes the gunpowder needsss to be checked?"

"Up to himsss- after all, he needss to learn eithers."
~~~~

Haggerty looked up at the sails, eyes glinting. "That's a mighty fine job you did. I'll go up to check. The winds can rip stitches easily."
~~~

A loud 'PANG' was heard from the cook's area as a very short-tempered Key threw a pot at a rat he had encountered on deck. "JONES! Get your lazy-butt cat down over here to get these rats!!!" Key personally didn't mind cats, but he had no patience for other animals, unless he was hunting or preparing them.

Nuav
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email