Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
Post *Dinotopia* Anyone read the books????
on: January 11, 2004 10:50
Hey folks!
I was just wondering if anyone has read James Gurney's Dinotopia books and is interested in a Dinotopia RP. Any takers? Anyone here even read the books?
More info later, cause I want to see if anyone even knows what I'm talking about first!
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: *Dinotopia* Anyone read the books????
on: January 11, 2004 02:17
unfortunatly I have not read the books, but I have heard about the series and have watched the series on tv. I don't know if that helps but I would be interested in an rpg though I don't know a lot of specifics about it.
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2004 02:24
glad to know I'm not the only one here who's heard of it!
Unfortunately, the tv show is not at all like the book*dumb artistic liberties! * Well, at least you know something about it! I'm still waiting around for folks but I'm counting you in if I ever get a thread going!
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2004 02:28
Sounds good! maybe I should look into reading the books in the meantime. oh and if you are still looking for a thread (I saw your need a thread..... help) I have three that you could join I posted them on the need a thread one.

[Edited on 12/1/2004 by Abraon]
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 06:42
Hey I me & my siblings are totally in to Dinotopia (although I don't really like the movies. Don't look anything like I imagine when I read the books.) Which book is your favorite? I like Oasis & Dolphin Watch
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 05:45
I remember when this series was like the biggest thing on TV. I belive I watched te first couple episodes and maybe even read a book or two but that was it. I just remember the advertising of it and then it like dissappeared...
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 07:24
Yeah, I remember that too, CountNick. The tv series that Disney did were pretty stupid. I mean....it was kinda cool...but I still wasn't crazy about it.

My dad has at least one of the books, and I think I might have read some of it. It memory serves me well, I believe it was a very good novel of the series. I loved and still love it.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I have loved Dinotopia since I was 3 years old and my parents gave me James Guerney's Dinotopia (the first book) for Christmas! I read all the novels too, and mostly really liked them. James Guerney is one of my top two favorite artists of all time.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email