Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Troublesome Times (free)
on: January 12, 2004 10:29
Okay... this isnt set in the present, and its not in our world. (As in you can get trolls and things) Only a few things to say.. No guns have been invented, and there are no vampires. um... apart from that, just have fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sergeant-At-Arms Drystan Reeds woke up.'What on earth happened there..?' was the first thought that entered his head. Then he felt people shaking him.
"Serg? Serg!! Are you alright?" Drystan blinked, and looked around. He was surrounded by his men.
"He's alive! He's alive!" There were shouts, and the news passed back through the crowd to the very last man.
"What happened to them?" He blinked again. His vision was still blurry.
"The criminals? They got away. Reinforcements turned up too late, Sir."
"Yeah, and you took one in your side!"
"I could have sworn he was dead, y'know"
People were talking all at once. He tried to understand, and vaguley, after a few minutes, he grabbed the jist of what had happened.
"No deaths?"
"No, sir."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Troublesome Times (free)
on: January 12, 2004 01:28
((OoC: Alrighty then this sounds like fun... are there women allowed in the army at this time? If so, then I might be playing two people, I don't know yet. Right now my character will be the nurse))

Rena pushed through the men around the Sergeant. "C'mon men! I need to get through!" She, being only 5'3, and most of the men being around 6' at the shortest, was having a hard time getting through. One of the men, a young soldier, turned to her and smiled.

"I'll help." He pushed through the crowd, his broad shoulders making a wide passage for Rena to follow him through. She finally stood at the Sergeant's side.

"Thanks," she said to the man as he stood back. She leaned over the Sergeant, checking his pulse. "That was a bad hit you took, sir. How is your side? Does it hurt at all?" She walked over and pulled his shirt up so she could see.

[Edited on 13/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 04:06
((OOC:yes.. women are allowed, but not too many of them!))

Drystan's reactions were still slow, as a result of his wound, so it was a few seconds before he recognised Rena.
"What? Oh, Rena it's you. Yes, it flipping well does hurt, but that doesn't matter... are the men alright? Any more injuries... apart from mine?" He looked up at the young man beside Rena. His brain thought, but no name came to him. He frowned.
"You are..?"

harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 03:38
((OoC: Okay then, I'll play two people...))

Rena looked back at the young man who had helped her. "That's Peter sir, he's one of your soldiers. And no, there weren't any other injuries. Now I really need to check yours."

She pulled his shirt up and saw that it really was bad. She grimaced. "I have to put some medicine on it, this is going to hurt a lot." She handed a leather strap to Peter. "Put this between his teeth so he doesn't bite his tongue."

Peter did as he was told. "Here we go sir, be ready." She took a small vile out of her medicine bag and said, "now!" She took the cork out of the vile and poured the foul smelling solution on the wound and pressed a peice of cloth to it. She heard a muffled groan and looked up.

"You can remove the strap now, Peter." She began to wrap the wound tightly. When she was done, the pulled his shirt back down and smiled. "That should do it, sir." She looked around to see all of the men still standing around. "Move it, men! Sergeant Drystan needs his rest."

There was a mad scramble as the men filled out of the room. Rena turned back to Drystan and smiled softly, patting his shoulder. "Anything you need sir, you know where to find me." She walked out of the tent and turned, surprised to see Darla, a female soldier, standing there.

"How is he?" she asked urgently. Rena smiled, perfectly aware of the younger woman's attachment to their Sergeant.

"He'll be fine, he just needs his rest. And so do you." Rena pushed Darla to their shared tent. "Now you sleep!"

Darla laid down and Rena stood there until the girl's breathing became heavier and she fell asleep. She then walked out of the tent and back into the hospital tent, sitting down on a chair near the Sergeant's bed and picking up a book to read.

[Edited on 1/21/2004 by harmada1legolasluva]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 01:33
Drystan tried to cry out with pain as Rena did her work, but due to the strap in his mouth he could not. When it was removed he gasped and clenched his hands to try and ease some of the pain he still felt. He shut his eyes. When he opened them again, Rena had left. He stared up at the roof of the tent. He felt sick.
Then Rena returned. He raised his head, but didn't speak. After a few minutes he turned over on his side, but that brought on a spasm of pain so he turned back.
"Rena.. Thanks for doing your job well."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 05:04
Rena smiled at Drystan. "You're welcome, sir. It's what I'm here to do." She pushed a stray lock of her curly red hair behind her ear and continued reading.

In their tent, Darla was having a hard time sleeping. She hoped Rena was taking good care of Drystan. She had no doubt that she was, really, but she needed to see him. With Rena sitting there, there was no way she'd be able to visit for a good few hours. She sighed and drifted off into an uneasy sleep.

[Edited on 19/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 07:04
Drystan finally slipped into a weary sleep. He drifted in and out of sleep during the night, but awoke properly in the early hours of the new day. He reached out and found next to his hand, a rough cup of water. He pulled himself up inot sitting posistion, and drained the cup. Then he slipped a hand down to his side and felt the wound. It was bandaged, of course, but he could still feel it. He then realised he was not in his own tent, but in the hospital tent, and that all his gear and uniform, tunic and so forth, were not to be found here. He groaned.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 11:57
Rena woke up to the sound of a groan and looked around. She hadn't meant to fall asleep in the chair, but she must've, becuase she was still sitting with the book in her lap. She saw Drystan move and stood, pulling her long red curls into a ponytail.

"How are you this morning, sir?" Rena asked. Her bright green eyes shimmered slightly in the little bit of light coming in from the flap of the tent. "Does the wound feel any better?"

[Edited on 1/21/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 07:04
Drystan turned as Rena stood up. He hadn't realised that she was still there, until now. He smiled.
"It's.. alright. Do you think you could, just go over to my tent and fish my uniform out?" He smiled apologetically at her, "I don't seem to have it here." He sat on the bed covers and stared out of the open tent doorway. The sun was shining, and there was a chance that it might turn out to be a nice day.
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 07:17
Tiekel and Maarin ran feveriously through the dense forest greenery. They had been running all night since breaking away from their guard.

Tiekel turned to his wife and said, "I think we can rest for a while. I haven't heard the soldiers in quite a bit."

Maarin her face white nodded at her husband. "You didn't have to try to kill him!" she said when she had enough breath to speak.

"Are you questioning me?" He demanded. "I got us out of there! I got us free! Do you want to go back and get executed?"

She shook her head and turned away from him waiting for the slap of his hand across her face, but it never came. Sighing she leaned back against the trunk of a tree and tried to rest.

(ooc- Hi andy hope you don't mind me butting in again LOL! By the way how can the nurse remove a bullet if guns have not been invented yet?)
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 07:42
Rena smiled. "Of course, sir, I'll be right back." She ducked out of the tent.

As she walked down to Drystan's tent, Rena passed by Darla coming out of their tent and heading to the hospital. She gave Rena a bright smile and walked over.

"Hello Rena! Beautiful day, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is. Did you sleep well?" Rena asked, noticing that the usual purple circles underneath Darla's eyes weren't there this morning.

"Yes, actually. I was surprised when you didn't come back. Did something happen?" she raised a playful eyebrow.

Rena punched Darla in the shoulder. "No! He's my patient, I stayed there to keep an eye on him." She smiled. "I'm on my way to get his clothes, want to come with me?"

"Sure, I'll come." They both walked into Drystan's tent and giggled slightly at the mess. Living with all of these men, they were used to how messy they all were, but it was still extremely funny. Rena walked over to the cot and picked up his uniform.

"Let's go." They walked out and down back to the hospital tent. Men on their way to do their jobs passed them and they gave their cheerful smiles, greeting them. Rena and Darla ducked into the hospital tent.

"I brought you your clothes, sir. And a visitor." She giggled behind her hand. Drystan was still oblivious to the infatuation Darla had with him, and it was quite funny to watch the two of them together. Rena laid his clothes on a chair and set herself finishing up a medicine she had been working on.

Darla walked over to Drystan's bed and smiled. "How are you, sir?"

((OoC: Now I feel so stupid, I forgot that's what it said. I'll change my post... *blushes*))
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 08:21
((OOC: You could change it to a bolt from a crossbow... I don't mind you joining in, Ithil!))

Drystan looked up as the two females entered the tent. He smiled,
"You found it alright then? Thanks." He took the uniform and checked it over. It was quite dirty and scratched, and he could make out the point where he had been hit by the bolt. He glanced up at Darla as she spoke.
"Oh, I'm alright, and, are you okay?" He inspected the mud at the bottom of his trousers absentmindedly and looked under the bed for his boots. Then he looked towards Rena.
"I suppose I am, allowed to get up today?" He despised staying in bed because of illness or injury and he sincerely hoped that he was going to get to his normal self again today.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 08:44
((OoC: I changed it, no trouble ))

Darla smiled. "I'm fine, sir."

When Drystan asked to get out of bed, Darla looked over to Rena pleadingly. Rena stifled a laugh and a serious expression came over her.

"Only if you can walk without pain, sir, I don't want you limping around. You'll bring more damage to yourself. Here, Darla and I will help you get up. If you prove to me you're okay, you're free to go. I just want to to drink that," she pointed to a glass bottle on the table across the room, "Before you go."

She and Darla walked to either side of him and helped him sit up and swing his feet over the edge of the bed. "Can you try to get up, sir?" Rena asked.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 09:32
Drystan moved and Darla and Rena took hold of his arms to help him up. He felt a sting of pain across his side but took care not to show it on his face, and he managed to stand. He asked them to remove the support, and he stepped forwards.
"It doesn't really affect my side.." He turned back to face them.
"But I suppose I won't be able to run without it hurting." He sat down again.
"What's in the glass bottle?" He asked Rena

[Edited on 21/1/2004 by Abraon]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 10:43
Rena smiled and looked over at the bottle. "Just a simple mixture that should dull the pain and give you some of your strength back."

Darla sat down on the edge of the bed. "Perhaps you should just rest today, sir."

Rena picked up the bottle and gave it to Drystan. "I'm warning you, it doesn't taste very good."
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 08:44
Drystan took the bottle from Rena, and sipped. He wrinkled his face in dislike, and swallowed hard. He looked at Rena.
"Do I have to drink it all?" He frowned as she nodded. "This is one of the most disgusting things I've tasted, since," He thought. "Since Nigel cooked stew last year." He raised the bottle to his mouth again, and shut his eyes.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 09:02
Rena laughed at the memory of Nigel's cooking and wrinkled her nose. "Nothing could be more disgusting than that."

Darla smiled. "Except Rena's dirty socks!" Rena punched Darla in the arm and the tops of her cheeks turned pink.

"That was uncalled for!" Rena said quietly, embarrassed.

[Edited on 22/1/2004 by Abraon]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 09:30
Drystan gulped down more of the horrible drink, and laughed at Rena's embarrassed face.
"Well I suppose you can't say much for mine either." He stood up again, with a little pain.
"Now, will you let me out of prison?" He grinned. "I'm not lazing in here for a whole day, Darla." He pulled his boots out form under the bed. Then he looked slightly embarrassed himself.
"Um.. would you mind leaving while I get dressed?"

((OOC: what rank of soldier is Darla?))

[Edited on 25/1/2004 by anduril269]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 10:02
((OoC: Sorry I haven't replied in a while, I sort of lost this thread, but now I found it! Darla is just a soldier, nothing special.))

Rena nodded. "Yes, of course sir."

Darla, however, seemed rooted to the spot. Rena had to pull on her arm several times before finally getting her to move. Once outside, Rena clucked her tongue at the younger girl. "You know better."

Darla looked confused. "Better than what?"

Rena smiled. "Better than not to follow his orders right away. I want you to go do something else for a while." She pushed the younger girl away and watched her leave with an amused look on her face, walking off to her own tent.

[Edited on 5/2/2004 by Abraon]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 05:15
Drystan watched the two leave, then quickly pulled on his uniform, and boots, and straightened out the bed covers. He stepped outside, and began to make for his own tent to search for his sword and crossbow. Several of the men commented on his recovery, and he smiled to see that they were all cheerful and in good shape. Heaven knew what the higher command would send them into next. He reached his tent, and threw bits and pieces of equipment, and clothes, bedding and such like, around, before finding what he was looking for. He belted on his belt, and secured his sword, picked up the crossbow, and seated himself outside on the ground. A young soldier approached, and saluted.
"It's good to see youu're fine again, sir." Drystan smiled and asked if there was any news for him. The soldier thought, and then spoke.
"There isn't any news, as such, sir, but some of the men are saying that we're going to be sent on another raid." Drystan frowned.
"I think that is highly unlikely, so soon after yesterday's. I wouldn't worry about it." The soldier left, and Drystan remained where he was.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 02:05
Darla walked off to find something else to do, bumping into several other soldiers on the way. One of the soldiers was carrying a heavy box. She stopped him. "Hello Max."

The soldier smiled and put the box down, wiping his forehead with his sleeve. "Good afternoon Darla." He looked around. "What are you doing out here, without Rena?"

Darla smiled. "I don't have a babysitter all the time," she joked. "I'm just looking for something to do."

Max picked the box up again. "We just got another shipment of food, maybe you could go help unload."

Darla smiled. "Thanks, Max." She bounced off down the road where he had come from.

~~

Rena walked into the tent she shared with Darla and looked around. It was obvious that Darla had been here alone, the place was a disaster. She stepped around the books, papers, and clothing strewn about the floor and made her way to her trunk. She tookout a fresh t-shirt and a pair of men's combat pants and slipped them on, pulling her boots on. She pulled her bright red hair up into a ponytail and walked out of the tent into the sunshine again, ready to head back to the hospital tent.

[Edited on 9/2/2004 by Abraon]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 10:12
Drystan got up after about a quarter of an hour, and after nothing had happened. He walked towards the captain's tent, and found the captain sitting outside talking to a local sailor, and a few soldiers. He hovered around, and as the sailor left, he approached, and saluted. The captain nodded towards the smallest soldier, and he scampered of on some errand.
"Sergeant Reeds! It's good to see you on your feet again." Drystan smiled, and answered.
"You know I never like to waste time. The camp seems, a little peaceful. What's wrong?" The captain laughed.
"There just doesn't seem to be any orders from higher command."
"So we're not going to be sent on another raid?" The captain frowned.
"Where did you hear that?"
"Luke, sir. Apparently there's some sort of rumour making it's way around the camp." His superior nodded.
"I see. As such, there is no raid planned. It's just the sort of thing higher command would do, so I suppose some troublemaker thought up the rumour to scare the rookies."
Drystan nodded too. He was used to that sort of rumour. He looked down the road to the village, and port.
"So.. there's nothing to be done, sir?" The captain smiled again.
"You never like idleness... If you're so insistent, go and help unload the shipping. Dull work if you ask me, but it's your choice."
Drystan saluted, and began to walk down the road.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 21, 2004 02:31
((are you there??))

[Edited on 21/3/2004 by CarolP]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email