Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
Post Power of the Mind (see OOC if you can find it!) *free*
on: January 13, 2004 04:30
((Okay.. I changed his name to Liberach, not Liberath...))

Elaine stared down at the pond beneath her feet. The water reached her knees, and she could feel the fish swim by her legs and toes. Her long hair was tied behind her head in a single ribbon, and here and there a few hairs hung loose. She looked up at Thalion, her childhood friend, who was standing across from her waiting for a fish to swim by. He has been practicing, she could tell, for he had more patience than he normally did, and this time she was sure that he was going to catch one. His face showed pure joy as he lunged into the water, soaking his clothes but getting the satisfaction of catching a fish. It wriggled in his hands and finally flopped back into the water. Elaine laughed and Thalion sat on a rock, dissapointed and happy at the same time.

"I'll get it the next time," he said, staring at the water. Even though they were both 17 years of age and had known each other since they were very young, Elaine and Thalion had not intended on getting married, and her father knew that. He knew that he had to find her someone else to wed, and so he began his search when she was 15.

That night Elaine was sitting in her room, staring out across the yard out her window. There were guards outside, and Thalion was one of them. She wasn't worried about his safety most of the time, since he was one of the most skilled warriors they had, but something felt wrong that night. A chill went up her spine as she watched him talk to another guard.

She laid on her bed staring up at the ceiling. She was suppose to be getting ready for dinner, but she was tired and felt that a few minutes could do no harm. Elaine fell asleep for about 10 minutes, and woke to the sound of clashing metal and men shouting. Someone had gotten past the outer defenses.

Throwing on her cloak she ran out the door and down the stairs to find her father. He was nowhere to be found, but there was much confusion in the household. What was happening? How could they get past the guards? What if they broke down the door and slaughtered us all? many asked, nervousely looking around and running to their rooms. Perhaps the question most asked was: Where is the king?

Suddenly the door burst open and she could see their guards walking wearily through. She counted them all. They had lost but only 5, and by the look on their faces they had won the battle- for now. A look of worry spread over her face. Suddenly her father appeared behind the last guard, his shirt covered with blood, along with his sword.

"My lord," someone was saying as he made his way past the crowd, "one of our men were taken." Was this man he spoke of Thalion? Elaine pondered this and decided to get closer so that she could hear a little easier. "Who is it? Speak up, boy!" her father demanded in a tone that was foreign to her. Clearly that was not an easy battle. Five men could be replaced easily, but if one was captured the whole fait of the army lied in his hands. One false move and he could spill everything- from positions to weaknesses.

Her father caught her staring, and ordered two of the men to take her to her room. She protested, but they dragged her away. Just before she was out of earshot she could hear the other man talking again. "It was Thalion, sir. Thalion was taken." These words hit her hard, and she silently went up to her room.

(( I don't have the time to continue, but after that she had sent word out that she needed people to help her on her journey to save Thalion... Your post could have something to do with arriving there... but I think you should start with getting ready or at least getting to the outer gate... I want to finish the story, if you don't mind.))

[Edited on 1/31/04 by Lady~Silivren]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Power of the Mind (see OOC if you can find it!) *free*
on: January 16, 2004 12:00
((OKay... I accidentally forgot to send the last reply I put... It was long... lol.. BUT I can remember what I put so all is not lost))

Elaine sat on her bed and stared out the window. How could her father do this to her!? How could he not tell her what was going on!? The guards left her in her room, but when she tried to open the door she noticed there was one standing there. "Best to stay inside, Miss. The master said that you shouldn't be allowed to get out," he said, and she could see that he was not much older than her. With a sigh she walked to the window and stared out. Below there were about fifty guards, all talking and scrambling about trying to get as much information about the capture as possible. She was so wrapped up in trying to find out what they were saying that she didn't realize Eli, her oldest brother, come in the room.

Elaine, he said to her mind, which was one of the gifts that they inherited from their mother. Elaine recognized the voice and turned around. She squinted and could barely make out the figure of her brother in the shadows of her room. It was dark outside, and there was no light shining in her room, save for the moonlight. Save your words, Eli. I know that Thalion was taken. How could father just send me away like that without telling me what was going on? she asked, trying to keep away her tears. That does not matter right now. For some time I have been watching the East... I could feel a strong power growing there... someone quickly gathering strength... She is a great sorceress, Elaine. Something tells me that she had a hand in this, if it was not completely her doing.

Elaine looked at her brother, who was now standing in the light. What was he talking about? She had surely never heard of this- sorceress before. Tell me more, Eli. Tell me what you know. she pressed, but he only shook his head. That is but all I know... save for the fact that her name is Alyth. I have sent some men to the east to inspect this Alyth, but they only return to tell me that they could not find her. They only tell me of this great generous beauty who rules the kingdom there. Surely, they said, this could not be the evil sorceress I spoke of. But I know that something went wrong there. I know that it was but a mere trick. He turned towards Elaine.

I don't quite understand what you're saying... but if this is true then... But what would she want with Thalion? she asked, getting agitated because none of it was making sense. Like I said before, I have no idea what she is up to. I do have a suspicion that she captured our dear friend to create confusion among the kingdom... And someting tells me that she will try to take it. For what reason, I'm not sure. Before she knew it, Eli had turned around and was out the door. She stood there, staring at the spot where he stood before. "I have to save him..." she murmered.

The next morning Elaine woke up and opened her door. The guard was gone, finally, and when she looked out the window it seemed as if nothing had happened the night before. She put on her gown and cloak and ran downstairs. Ethalion, her youngest brother, was sitting at the table in the dining area. He sprang to his feet and knocked over a glass. "What's going on?" she demanded, staring at her brother. Beside him was another man, who now also rose so that all three of them were standing. "Where's father?" she asked again, now more polite and formal, since she realized she had a guest.

"This," said Ethalion, pointing at the man to his left, "is Liberach. He comes from the kingdom north of here, and was hoping to speak to you in private." Elaine looked at the man, who was now making his way around the table and coming closer. She gave a small bow. "I would love to talk, but at the moment I have something very important to do," she said, and could not help staring at Liberach's great, brown eyes. He gave her a very charming smile and shrugged. "Take as much time as you need, my Lady. I will be waiting for you here," he said, and she waisted no time and ran outside to the stables.

There she grabbed a guard by the wrist, dragged him to a horse and took a deep breath. "Take a few of your men," she said, catching her breath. "Go to the kingdoms to the... oh wherever. Tell the people there that somebody at Loirelach ((their kingdom's name)) is looking for somebody who will aid them in a search. Do NOT tell them that it is me who are asking, just simply give them that message. And also, tell the men on the outer defenses to let anyone in who wishes to speak with me," she said very sternly, and in only a few moments the guard had rounded up a couple of men and they were off.

Elaine then ran to the front door, to speak with the guards that stood there. "If anybody comes here seeking for me, let them go to the stables and call me immediately! Do not call my father or my brothers. Only call me," she said, and they nodded without asking any questions. Satisfied, she went inside to talk to Ethalion and Liberach. She found that Ethalion had left, which meant that she was completely alone with Liberach. He was sitting at the table again, but this time with his back towards her.

"You wished to speak with me," she said, not completely sure wether he was a king or something of that sort, so she did not know what to call him. He stood up and looked at her, his mouth half open as if he could not believe such a beauty could stand before him (atleast, that's what he thought about her). He cleared his throat. "I am... Liberach from Dorianeth, the kingdom up north from here," he said, and could not take his eyes off her. "I have indeed heard of you, and I suspect that you know my name," she said, moving towards to the table to sit down. All the running had made her tired. He gave a slight nod, and joined her at the table.

"I have come here to... find a suitable wife. I have heard many things of you, Elaine, and I would be... very happy if you would consider marrying me." He had said this very slowly, trying to find the right words. "I think your father and brothers will think this a suitable match," he said again, taking her hand. "This is... a bit much for me at the moment," Elaine said, standing up. "I would have to give you an answer in a week's time."

"No." It was her father who spoke, as he strode into the room. "You will accept this man now. He has long waited to ask you to be his wife, and I have kept turning him down. Now he shows up here, asking you himself. I admire his courage," her father said with a slight smile. "She will be happy to be your wife."

Elaine could hardly believe this. Not only had her father commanded his men to drag her to her room, but now he had gone and ruined her life by arranging this marriadge. Something was wrong. He did not usually act this way. She could say nothing at the moment, for Liberach was there, and she sensed that he was... a very fine man.

"Is this true?" Liberach asked, hardly able to contain his excitement, turning towards her. "Will you really marry me?" he asked again, now trying to contain a smile. Her heart melted as he smiled at her, and between his smile and her father's will, she could not refuse. "Very well," she said, trying to sound as pleased as possible. "I will marry you, Liberach."

It all happened too quickly. As soon as she said those words, the room was filled with maids who were trying to make arrangements for the wedding. She forced her way through the crowd and ran to her room. This was too much for her.

((Sorry if it's too long.. It's slightly better than the post I accidentally deleted... Heh. Now you can post ))
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 03:36
Teishar looked into the distance and reined his grey stallion in as someone rode in his direction at a speed he would not consider slow. But the stranger seemed to slow down to a walk as they started past him. This act puzzled him greatly but he took no time in confusion. "Hyo there!" he called in merry greeting and readily he got the other's attention.

"Sir, have you spare time to reach Loirelach to aid one of need?" Teishar let his hood fall with the aid of one hand and he looked into the other man for the voice was one he recognized.

"Aye Athen," he said with a smile upon his lips, "But will they let me in?" A nod was all he recieved before the parting and he knew that getting in would be harder than just that. He sped on towards where he wasn't going, slightly to the east of his original path and destination. "With speed, Gift, to home." A neigh was let out as if the horse called in understandment. Speed was what he was given as he headed towards Loirelach.

The lands streamed by him as he had often seen. The hooves kept a steady beat as they pounded upon the ground, devouring the land greedily. His dark hood flew behind him as he knew there would be little help if he tried to keep it upon his head at a time like this. When he neared the shade would be drawn up so his face would be shadowed.

Not many knew him by Teishar in the land he would enter. Or at least, not many knew him as Teishar now. Many might know him as Teishar Traitor as that was what he had done then. Now he went as Teishar in some other places and as Nagiuith in others.

Loirelach would show no welcome to him as Teishar, and if they recognized him, they would show no welcome to Nagiuith either. Care had to be taken in a trip such as this, a trip he would not have made was it someone other than Athen who had greeted him with the words.

Soon he was approaching. The place growing larger as his mount continued to pound the land away. Whistling in a low tone, he slowed Tyne's Gift down, whispering instructions soon afterwards. He drew up his hood and assumed his cover as Nagiuith, wander of many lands, resident of none. Darkness seemed to shroud him and his horse lightned his color none for his hide was dark grey and mane a black. The outer wall was coming up, the guards there he probably knew by name, by face and by description as well.

"Hold stranger." The words were crisp in his head as he had once said those same words. "What is your name and reason to come." So familiar in his mind, yet distant enough that he would be the one to answer them and not to ask them.

"My name is Nagiuith," he called back to the questioner, "And I come seeking to speak to one within the walls of this place. Their name has been held from me, and therefore I know naught of what to expect. I am a mercenary, if it pleases you to know such." One of them came near to him, one of the few he did not know for they were probably new.

"Go to the stables, sir. Another will greet you from there." With that he was allowed in. He had not spoke all the questions to let a stranger enter, but this must be a special case. Nagiuith dismounted and headed to the stables, a place he knew without asking. Others might have found it strange, but none was watching him from beginning to end so none would know of the strangeness in this. His hand went to touch Gift upon his mane, combing through the soft hair before walking into the stable.

"Sir. I have come to help the one who has called." His words were simple, but they had to be understood. If they weren't, then this would be just a trick. Then not even Athen would be deemed a friend in this land and all a foe. This was for Athen, the one who had gotten him away from death.

"Wait here. I shall see to it that the one who called will here that you have arrived and that a stablehand has come to see to your horse." The other bowed his head and started to leave before Nagiuith called to stop him.

"That won't be necessary, sir, if you tell me who to seek." Already he had started to put up his horse with in swift motions that he was used to by now. Tyne's Gift was tired from the speed which he had sent and as ready for any comfort that could be given by his rider only.

"I cannot tell you that yet, sir." Nagiuith pressed two coins into his hands. "Her name is Elaine, but you shall not see her without uniform."

"Matters not to me." He hurried on with his own business, putting up his horse and pulling out something that had remained untouched for a long time, the uniform of the kingdom which sought him out as a traitor. With this he doned a cover of a person who had just entered service, one who was clumsy and unsure of himself.

He kept on bumping into people who were rushing about. He was unsure of the reason, but he was always muttering apologizes and scuttling out of the way. He heard some mumbling about the new recruits in the place, but hurried on away before they thought he heard anything. So he made his way to the room of Elaine's, a room which he had known. She might not know him, but he knew her well enough.

He knocked upon the door to her room, almost shy as he did so. No other way for a new recruit to act, knocking upon the door of a high lady. "Hyo Miss Elaine? There's one who wishes to speak to you." Even the shy-new-recruit crept into his voice as he did so.

[ooc: is there magic? and can we be anything we want to be or is it a human sorta thing? And my posts are normally better than this. I'm just rushing right now...]

[Edited on 17/1/2004 by shavynel]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 04:19
((You can be anything you want... except no flying... at all.))

Elaine was lying on her bed, weeping. She did not want to marry Liberach. Not now. Not when she had to save Thalion and when she did not know when people would come, or if people would come for that matter. Why are you weeping? she heard Eli's voice in her head, and she knew that he was not in the room. I have to save Thalion. I can't wed Liberach. Not at a time like this! I was-, but before she could give away her plans by accident she stopped herself. You were.. what? You cannot hide your thoughts from me, Elaine. Do not worry, I do not read them whenever I feel like it. Only when I feel you are up to something. I know you sent for help.

Elaine had stopped crying. Now she was only filled with anger and frustration. She got up and walked to the window. She couldn't see Eli, but she knew he was there somewhere. You need not worry, sister, for I will not tell father or Ethalion. All I advise is for you to be careful. Not even I know what great magic this Alyth holds. She saw someone come across the yard to the stables, and knew that her message was recieved. Don't worry about me, she said bitterly. For I am sure that was all you were doing while you gave me to Liberach.

She closed of her thoughts to him and shut her mind, even though she knew that he was going to reply. She stood there for quite a while, staring out the window and feeling a soft breeze blow through her hair. For a brief moment everything seemed as if it was going to be okay. She almost forgot about her father and Liberach, and about the capturing of Thalion. As she stared into space, she was abruptly snapped out of her day dream by a knock on the door.

She kept silent, for if it was Liberach, Ethalion, or her father, she did not want them to know she was in there. The knock came again, and this time louder. "My Lady! Someone has come to see you!" the voice said, and she recognized that it was not of those who she dreaded to see. With a sigh of relief she walked to the door, and opened it a little bit.

"Does that person have a name?" she asked the guard. He hesitated a moment before answering. "I think it's Nagiuith, my Lady, but with all the noise going about it was hard to hear. What is going on around the house?" the guard ask, and she could not help but smile. "I don't know," she said convincingly, and the guard shrugged and walked away. She knew that she had to get ready to set out, or at least wait for others to show up.

She quickly got into the proper attire: A shirt that she had borrowed from her father, a pair of pants that she had made herself, since all the household had were dresses. She told nobody of this, since they would scold at her and burn the pants. This had happened to her before, and she was not going to let it happen again. She put on her boots, that were then covered by her pants, so that only her feet stuck out. Over this she wore her cloak, coming down to her feet, with a hood that made the person who was wearing it seem that he had no face.

Just as she fastened her cloak, there came another knock on the door. She wondered if another person had shown up already, but still did not answer. She was not going to stay behind under orders from her father.

"Hyo Miss Elaine? There's one who wishes to speak to you."

Another sigh of relief was given, even though she did not recognize the voice. She walked to the door and opened it. "Yes? Who wishes to see me?" she asked, hoping this was not someone sent by her father, brother or betrothed.
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 07:48
"Myself," he replied as the door had opened, still standing his ground. His face was slightly red with the embarassment one of the new recruits might have while facing a lady of her status. But he knew well who she was and had seen her at a distance. She held a place in her heart, but he doubted it was one to be filled. "Nagiuith is my name. I heard you sought help." He looked a bit abashed as he rocked back and forth from heels to toes.

Maybe she would recognize his face and maybe she would not. He hadn't changed much since the day he escaped a death to be dealed out by hands that were almost under her control. Would a lady such as her remember of a traitor such like him. Maybe, maybe not. There wasn't much hope in her not as he had been on the run within the place for a while before he managed to get Athen to help him. His face was uncovered for the moment, his dark hair shiny with dirty oil that hadn't been washed away and his eyes gleaming with the innocence of someone green.

"I came to answer your call, if you would have me to help you." What help he was still uncertain of. But it was Athen who had called him to this stand and it was his heart which loved the lady which he never would be able to become the same level as. The guard would have told him to let it off if it was worthless, so there had to be something behind it. The lad which helped him might have gone along as well if he weren't a guard of this place, bound to the crown.

"I suppose I shouldn't be here just yet--at all--should I? But I've been here before in these clothings. Not in front of your door, but other places." He was rambling, and he knew it too. But there was nothing else he could do unless she were to shut him out. And there was high chance she would shut out the Traitor Teishar without guilt in her eyes. If she were desperate or if she wanted, she might let him. But chances weren't high, and his luck had never been high in his life. And his luck had gone lower since he had been titled Traitor by those in Loirelach. :I suggest you get ready to leave soon, Tyne. This may not have been a good idea to reveal myself so soon.: Tyne was the spirit which he had loved as a brother, as a father and as a son. But Tyne the human was now dead and in the form of a horse which he now called Tyne's Gift. For indeed it was a gift from Tyne that he stayed with him through this trouble when it was not needed, but he couldn't call the horse to its face Tyne for it seemed odd to call the horse the name of a once-human.

A good natured chuckle was sent down the mental line and both could feel it weakening. Loirelach was no place for either of them to stay long for Tyne too had troubles in this place. Shadowed memories and some worse than that. :'Umans, how can they live without us all seeing spirit horses?:

So there Teishar, called Nagiuith, stood, waiting for reply. If Tyne could get away, that was all that mattered. A brother, father or a son would do anything to make sure the other got away free even if tey had to die. "Maybe you already know me, in a way that wouldn't be helpful." His words seemed forced out as if he didn't wish to say it. But if she were to seek his help, she had the right to know such.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 09:51
((What exactly did he do that made him a traitor?))

Elaine smiled at Nagiuith, and knew that she had seen him from somewhere before. She couldn't place just exactly where, but his face was familiar and so was his voice. He seemed confused, and yet not. She kept the door half open between the two of them, but slowly began to open it all the way the more he talked.

"You have much to say," she said with a slight smile, trying to look as if she knew what she was doing. "I am indeed glad that you came... although I believe that I gave strict orders to the men that anyone who came should be kept in the stables. Very common, I know, but I do not think that I should explain myself," she said, and could feel her cheeks hot with embarrasment. "Oh no, now I'm rambling!" she exclaimed.

I know him... I recognize him now... And yet I cannont judge him as my father judged him. Traitor or not, he came to help even in a place which despises him so. she thought, and came to the decision that she would not send him away. He could help, and she sensed that he did not want to cause any trouble. If her father saw him, on the other hand, there would have to be much forgiveness going around.

"Maybe you already know me, in a way that wouldn't be helpful."

Elaine nodded. "I do know you, Nagiuith, but I will not judge your purpose of coming here. I will give you a chance. But first..." she said but trailed off, as Ethalion was making his way to her room. Without thinking she grabbed Nagiuith's arm and pulled him inside. Luckily Ethalion hadn't seen him. "Ssh!" she said, stepping outside her room and closing her door.

"Elaine, I need to speak with you," he said sternly, and she knew what was coming. "Now's not the best time..." she said, but she knew that he wasn't going to go away so easily. "I sense that you do not want to wed Liberach, and I suppose that at the moment you would think that, considering Thalion being captured and all," he said, chosing his words carefully.

"I assume there's a but in there somewhere, and shouldn't father be giving me this speach?" she asked. "Perhaps if we talking in your room-" "No! I mean, no need for that. You can talk to me right here," she said, thinking quickly. "In time you will come to realize that Liberach is a smart match for you. He is a good man from a good background, and I suspect that he will show as much love towards you as he does towards his war strategies," he replied, but he could see that he wasn't convincing her.

"It makes no difference," she said quietly, "wether I want to wed him or not. It seems I have no choice anymore." She turned around and went inside her room, leaving Ethalion outside by himself.

"Well," she said, shaking off that conversation, "where were we?"

[Edited on 1/17/04 by Lady~Silivren]

[Edited on 18/1/2004 by maeghin]
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 05:24
[ooc: for reference...leading in stray people who shouldn't be there (i.e.: leading in assassins who wish to go after high status and such...). It was only for the fun of it, but fun stops when you get caught in the middle of your joke. Helping them slightly beyond that as well...but you get the point. Got kicked out of the Guard, supposed to be killed but lovely little Athen sent him on his way...]

When her hand had touched upon his, Nagiuith's instincts told him to bat it away like an enemy's hand but part of him knew that was wrong and the other part told him that was what he should do. When he was a traitor she had been one of those he had intended to go after, but when a guard she was one of the ones he wished to protect. And in the deepest of his heart he knew that such a fair lady could win his heart, but he would not entirely admit it to even himself. On top of all of that, she was a lady and to fall to a hand of will was a strange thought indeed.

His sense told him to say nothing when she had pulled him in so hurriedly and not just allowed him to walk in. Sense also told him not to stand right by the door when she opened it and turned to another. His back turned towards the way the lady had left to see her room in front of him. It was grander than he had imagined it to be so for a moment he stood there gaping. He wrenched his eyes away from the sight too look around at the small details of the room.

He turned on his heel the moment the door opened again, his hand reaching for a weapon that wasn't there. He had brought no weapons with him now for he had left them in slots that he had made in the saddle and other things he had left elsewhere. When he realized what he was doing, he let his hand drop guiltily but didn't face her with any guilt in his eyes.

Smiling, he continued with the words he would have said a moment ago with her comment about the stables. "I would have been less welcome by the stable than here," he replied, almost in a casual tone. "There are more in the stables that would recognize my face more readily than you did and take it not as help but as the person that they saw me as." It seemed almost impossible that he could talk about a topic that could ultimately mean his death so easily.

"You know who I am, do you not? That makes it seem that it would be just as easy for others to learn about myself. I suspect that on the way here some recognized me, but I am not worried about that much." They could send the Guard in after him and he wouldn't mind. He knew the dangers that he had to face if he had even decided to head this way. If luck permitted, he would be able to reach his mount in time. And if there was any luck more than that, he would be able to get out again. Then there was always Athen to turn to, but he had already done that. It wouldn't be safe for Athen if he tried to pull out another escape from that one.

"So then, what was it I came for? None bothered to tell."
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 11:52
((I see.... thanks. That helps a lot.))

Elaine came back into the room, glad that she had avoided further conversation with her brother. I see your help has begun to arrive, a voice said inside her head, no doubt the one of Eli. She saw Nagiuith reaching for something, and for a moment fear washed across her, figuring that she had fallen into his trap and now he was going to kill her. But she relaxed as soon as he let his arm fall, and started to talk.

Elaine nodded, only half following the conversation. He was barely letting her speak, anyway, and she was worried that someone might open the door and find them there. She was not even going to try to use her imaginiation and think of what they would do not only to him, but to her as well. The lord's daughter she was, but that did not excuse her from helping villains and seemed a bit ironic since he had tried to kill her.

"If any saw and recognized you, I do not think they will believe it. Probably think they were imagining it, since you were suppose to be killed. How you managed to escape, nobody's really sure of, but there are a few stories going around, I can tell you that much. Fortunately the people do not know that you're alive- only the guards, and of course, me and my family," she said, trying to sound as powerful as possible. She didn't want to give him any ideas of trying to kill her in her sleep. Even though she was out to help him, she still couldn't help but fear this man who now stood infront of her.

"As for what you're doing here..." she said, slightly quieter, "that is up to you to decide... But I will explain more when more help arrives." If more help arrives, she thought, and figured that she'll give it another day- until the next day at dusk- for help to come. Who knew how far away they were? "As for you, we would have to find you some place to sleep. I suppose you know this place, and its surroundings, and you should probably know that there is a cottage empty. The owner died last summer. So, if you do not mind you could sleep there for the night, and I will tell more of the- task in the morning." She waited for him to reply so that she could show him where it was.

[Edited on 1/20/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 02:26
"No, I shall not stay within the walls this night, but expect me in the morning," his words were smooth and so was his body as if he gave no care to the world, "and no sooner than that." There was no reason he should kill her, or at least, not yet. If he was, he would wait till later to prove that his skill was still good and that it had been a mistake to try and kill him. "I thank you for the offer though." His head nodded, half in respect and half out of a feeling of need.

"And as to your assumption, it is wrong. People are more likely to think I had come back from the dead than that I was not who I am. If I was known as who I was and was known to be standing here, I should not expect that my head will be upon my shoulders when the sun rises the next day." He talked to much, and he knew such. There was little else to do, but it wasn't as if it mattered.

"I'll take my leave now if you mind not." With a final nod which seemed sort of like a half bow, he edged around her to get to the door. He reached to the door knob and pushed it down. He expected that none were on the other side, but he was prepared if there was. His face had not been covered when he walked down the way, and he expected that someone would notice that Teishar was back.

His walk down the way was one which was easy for his limbs but his mind was taunt with the possibility of attack. Better let them think he had not expected them than to let them know he knew the possibility. A few guards here and there looked at him with a stray eye, but luck was with him so far as he traveled down the way. Many people were around and he had taken up the green-guard position, but as soon as he was past the thick crowd, two guards met up with him.

"I see you're back, Teishar," one of them said when he rounded the corner.

"Who's Teishar?" He gave a shrug and tried to push past them. They, fumbling in thoughts, relaxed their guard for one moment. Had he puzzled them slightly? He didn't take that many chances. He broke into a dead run as he knew his halls around here and who would be out and around on a normal day. But this was no normal day was it? He didn't know that. Much trouble was given for him to get away as people were where they weren't supposed to be. But he ran anyways. :Get ready Tyne,: he called to the stallion, but there was half the chance he would not here. This kingdom was not their favorite one and they had much trouble within the walls.

He bursted out of the palace walls and still continued to stumble through the public crowd. Many yelled rude comments at this rude guard who was running, but when they saw others in guard uniform, they parted swiftly.Stables, stables, Tyne. His mind was rushing as much as his legs. They knew he was here, they knew. Or at least, a few did. He stumbled into the stables and saw that Tyne was there with saddle and all already upon him. The stablehands still hadn't gotten the mount completely ready, but Teishar hopped upon his back and darted off. :Bullied them into getting you ready mm?: A few things had been left behind as they were hidden, but it was no worry for him yet. "With speed, Gift, like you showed not when you were chased."

:You mean when you were chased,: the horse reminded him, but his speed was fast. Others in guard uniforms were following, only two, and he knew that it wouldn't be long before he was out of the gate. The formation of three guards looked like three getting ready to get out quickly and so the gates were opened. The gatekeepers had not expected Teishar to have returned to help the Lady.

When outside and a distance away, he stopped his mount and hopped off. The guards which followed did the same. Blades were drawn by the other side and he had to think quickly to which blade he had could be pulled fastest out of hiding. But he wasn't quick enough. Two blades were already swinging towards him as he tried to fumble loose a blade or two. I need help! he thought in his mind though none but his mount was around who could help. The stallion knew to fight with hooves, but when Teishar was trying to get out blades, he wouldn't move less he had to.

[ooc: okay with you? Hope so. Don't know where to take it from here unless your next post starts with morning. It might be that Elaine goes off when she hears the hint of trouble, but how likely is that? More will probably come to help, no reason for her to help him. Or if another comes...well, there's always something to do... ]
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 06:07
Deorwine and Morion walked slowly down the streets of what passed as a town in those parts. At a rther small shabby looking building the turned aside and passed though the doorway. Inside was a rather gruff looking old man with a waethered book in front of him on a desk.

"Any news Cracius?"

"Yes, Deorwine. A stranger came through just last night. Their is need in Loirelach of some good hands. They say they need some people to participate in a search. No doubt a search and rescue. I figure a good tracker like yourself and a bounty hunter like Morion might come in handy."

"Where is this you say?"

"Loirelach the man said, or something of the sort. Do you remeber what he looked like?"

"Deorwine, I'm more than half blind, anything I could remeber of what he looked like wouldn't do you any good. For all I could tell he was really shiny. A little too much polish I should say. A cadet most likely, but he spoke with authority. Not common amongzt the newr ones."

"A royal guard or honor guard you might say?"

"Yes, yes, you could say that."

"Obviously someone of importance would be seeking our aid. We should be well paid. What do you say Morion?"

Morion gave a slight nod of aprroval.

"That settles it then we're off."

They walked outside and got their horses from the stables and we're well on their way by noon. They reached the city by nightfall and after a lot of convincing to the guards were finally escorted to a large Mansion. Or at least to Morion and Deorwine it would seem. They made their way inside to find the place alive with much activity. Deorwine grabbed the closest person,
"We were summoned here by someone who wanted aid in a search. Would you please tell them that we seek them."

"I will indeed sir."

[Edited on 23/1/2004 by Morion]

[Edited on 1/23/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 09:04
((It's fine with me... I didn't know what to do anyway.))

Elaine could bareley speak, he was talking so much, and before she knew it he had left her room. "Strange..." she said, but was somewhat relieved that he had left so quickly, for she didn't want to get stuck in a situation she couldn't get herself out of. What if he did want to kill her again? Nobody would've heard her if he had tried to a few minutes ago. The walls were extremely thick and there was so much noise outside and inside the castle, nobody would've heard. She thought about what he had said about people recognizing him, and wondered if she was going to be guarded if anybody found out. If that was to happen, she had no chance of escaping to go find Thalion.

Elaine decided to change back to her dress before she went downstairs. Even though she had no wish to hear what Liberach had to say, she had to behave infront of guests. She put on her dress, which was white with blue bugs and flowers on it; it was a sleeveless dress, and the sleeves went sideways to hang on her shoulders ((I'm not sure if you know what I'm talking about... It was sort of hard to explain)). This sort of dress would make any man stare, and even though she did not want that attention, it was the only dress she could find. Her mother had worn it, and ever since she died Elaine had rarely worn it. She let her hair hang loose, and brushed it a few times.

She left her boots on, and grabbed her cloak and her bundle of the clothes she had worn before, before going downstairs. She hoped that the crowd would be too big for anybody to see her slip out of the castle, but when she got downstairs she found that the halls were clear, and the men were still where she had left them. Only now Eli was there, too, his eyes looking quite amuzed. Where is your friend? Eli asked her, keeping his features calm. He... left to find some place to sleep. He'll be back. she replied, and shut her mind. How could she forget to do that in the first place? What if Eli had read her thoughts and knew where she was going? (the stables)

"Where have you been?" her father demanded, standing up and walking towards her. "In my room," she replied, sounding as innocent as possible, "trying to get away from all the noise." Her father shook his head as if agreeing with her, and turned towards Liberach who was now also getting up. "We have made the wedding arrangements," Liberach said, casually striding over to her. "It will be held on the first weekend of the summer, which is quite a while away, but it will give us enough time to prepare." The first weekend of summer, she repeated in her head. That gives us at least a couple of months, since it's only turning winter, or, almost winter. She nodded and told them that she needed some air, and they let her go outside and left her alone.

Be brave... he is not such a bad man, Eli said to her, and she wondered how he got through her protection. She did not reply, but only went to the stables. There she found that Nagiuith's horse was gone, but didn't think much of it. She figured that one of the stable boys must have taken it away to be brushed or something. She sat on a big rock that stuck out from the ground before the stables, and stared in the direction of the gates. She hoped that someone would come soon, since she was getting impatient and knew that they were wasting time.

In the distance she saw someone coming closer, but couldn't make out how many people there were. She stood up and took a few steps forward. "Who goes there?!" she called. ((Yes I know it sounds a bit corny, but you know, she was sort of waiting and stuff so ... lol... whatever))

[Edited on 1/25/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 06:59
Teishar managed to pull one blade from its secured place having dodged many blows just to have them pierce the saddle. Every time it did so, it left a mark and made him wince for he wanted not to have to get himself another saddle of the same or similar make. The time he had used to acquire such a thing was not a time he considered short and he doubted that find-making another would be just as tedious.

When he had pulled it out, however, he had stumbled back into one of those he had been dodged. Out of pure luck he had not touched the edge of the blade which was dangerously close to his midriff. His eyebrows shot up in shock but they lowered quickly as he half shoved half rolled away by using the other to lean against. Somehow, he had managed the move though he had expected not to get away that clean. The Guard was lacking the training which it had when he had been within the ranks. He wondered why.

This roll led him into the other one which had his blade brought up more properly than the other one had. Teishar had locked hilts within minutes and had thrown him off balance within a matter of minutes. Soon he came to wonder if it was that the training had slacked or if they had been sending the best after him or if he had learned something as he had been on the run. But such wonderings could only be done in spare time and he expected to have less now that his face was revealed again.

Almost suddenly, both of them were up again. He had not cared to slash at them a ghastly wound for they hadn't yet managed to hit him or his horse. Gift, on the other hand, was standing there calmly as if watching a tournament in which neither party would be hurt unless by accident. He parried blow after blow feeling strangely out of place as if he were the trainer and they were his students. No. Those he were used to having at his tail were much more experienced than these two, that he was now certain of. But why was it that they were not so well trained?

Between blows, he managed to get his question out to the maybe-green warriors of Loirelach. "Tell me—why—you're—skill—is so—bad that—I am—able—to—do this—with more—ease than—when—others—are after—me." He was aware his words weren't kind, but he didn't mind. They had taken to other ways than just a single sword. One had drawn a dagger in their other hand as if waiting for him to get himself ready and the other was on his toes more than before.

"What!?" one had exclaimed as if astonished that someone might think his skill was worse. Teishar rolled his eyes and no harm was done to him though his concentration had been broken. It seemed to be falling into a dance now than a fight which he had to think in. He had been the one on his toes when they had been after him and he had found it more tiring than this. Gift was still standing there calmly, but the gray head had been thrown back at times to let out a cheerful whicker a few times.

He slipped out of the way and the two others found themselves exchanging blows with each other for a while before realizing. "See what I mean? I'm quite certain that you two have just been using a form which you were taught. Easy to predict and easy to follow. What kind of guards have Loirelach been coming up with? Even the greenest when I was there was able to think up of things other than just forms!" With a sigh he looked at them hopelessly as if indeed they were on his side. They pointed their blades at him in a "menacing" way but Teishar was unafraid. "I can't see why they don't have better. Their standards weren't that low before."

He moved around the dumbstruck two to mount on his horse. He caught one murmuring to the other wondering why he wasn't dead and the one on the run called back, "You're not worth killing yet. Go train yourself better if you want the honor of dying by my blade. I don't suspect I'll be seeing either of you two soon after this, hmm? Well, farewell. Hopefully next time there will be some real blows exchanged." He would have tipped a hat had he one, but he hadn't so he just inclined his head in respect and started off in a direction sort of towards the gates but still slightly off.

He first found himself a place in which he could change into the clothing which hid his face and a place which he could look over the damages actually done to the saddle. There wasn't as much damage as he had expected, only dents and a few scratches. There was a few actual slashes, but nothing that signified those two knew how to use their blades surely.

"They'll recognize you now, Gift. No chance in giving you a stable tonight, pardon to be given. Can't say I enjoy having to look at a place which I called home a place which I must be careful around, but, I had my choices." With his words he had been placing blades in allotted places of hiding and other things in places which he knew. "You mind carrying all that? If you don't I think I'll leave it on you, if yes, well, I'll find a place to keep it."

:No need Rider. I'm not as horse-y as you think I am.:

"Not sure about that." The horse snorted in his face and made his hair fly. "Alright, alright. Go find yourself something to do. I'm going to go visit Mom." His mother was now an elderly woman who was still oblivious of what he had done, or so it had been the last time. So he wouldn't be spending the night outside of the gates, but it was a safer way than if he stayed in whatever this empty house the lady had spoke of.

He strolled up to a different gate, one he knew would only open to residences or those who were guests of the residence and had the proper approval. Teishar, having been in the Guard, knew what kind of approval he would need to present and had it ready. He had gotten in with ease by slipping them the name Nagiuith instead.

"Hi Mom," he called as he opened the door. To his surprise, she was still there, her head bent over the table.

"Teishar, is that you?" He nodded and came down to her level. "How long has it been? Since they killed you?" His face twisted and he looked at her. She had gone senile, and there was no way he could help it. Somehow he had always envisioned his mom as someone who aged but was more or less immortal as of the ways of senile. Sure she didn't notice that much, but she had been bright enough.

"I'm alive," he whispered and for the first time knew that there was no safe place in this city, "I'm alive." There was no way he would be safe in his mother's house, but he wished to stay a night within walls.

"I must be dreaming. You're dead." With that, her head bent back over the table. He started to the room he had always been able to call his and flopped upon the bed thinking about what he had committed himself to. He fell into an uneasy sleep, one which he had learned upon the road. He had hoped he could actually sleep this night, but apparently he had to use the half-sleep in which almost any noise could wake him in an instant.

"'Night Mom."

[ooc: bit long-winded. Sorry for that . Got carried away...]

[Edited on 1/26/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 03:53
"Who goes there?"

Deorwine looked up, "Who wants to know?"

"The one that can either have you killed or spared but upon a whim."

"Well, since you put it that way, My names Deorwine. THis is my friend Morion. We are here looking for a job. We heard soemone needed help here. Might you know where they are?"
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 05:17
Darsten strolled briskly down the marble-floored hallway with his arms moving in opposite ways in a wave-like motion. His face bore a frustrated frown, as it always did. Being the High Assistant to Lady Alyth, he always wore a sad face. Silvery white hair flowed down to his waist, with light blue eyes and a slim and muscular build, always wearing thick robes that revealed a bit of his chest, which was covered by a wooden cuirass. Everything about him seemed to be what girls had drooled over, until they saw the frown on his face.

He stopped his walking as he was facing a wide and tall pink door. As the double doors sprung to life and opened slowly, Darsten continued with his hasty shuffle. He was walking in a huge room, at least twenty yards in height, and the opposite walls were seperated at even more lengths, of about thirty-or-so yards. Like the hallway leading to the room, the floor, the ceiling, and the walls were made of pure marble tile, some were even gold or silver, or other precious minerals.

At the far wall of the room, was Alyth herself, lying down on a wide throne, with several maids fanning her body. A beautiful woman, not far from her mid-twenties, with a great build, slinky and slim, a largely sloped curve seperated her chest and her waist. She wore a pink dress, with white and purple feathers poking out from her posteriors, a little of her dress showed some of her cleavage, and a smooth neck connected the upper body with her head, which had beautiful and awing traits. A perfectly angled and leveled nose, with lips as smooth as silk, baby blue eyes sparkled a fine and shiny lust, and long blond hair that ran down to her curved waist.

Darsten however, seemed to be a bit disgusted, mainly because of the many shades of pink around the room. Pink Ice sculptures, doors, pink chadeliers which shone pink light, pink marble walls, and her pink dress.

"Ah...Darsty..." Alyth rose from her rest, and blinked several times as she gave him a comforting smile. Unfortunately, he didn't feel the warmth of her welcome, "you bring news?"

Darsten cleared his throat, "Yes...we have captured what we suspect may be a Vialist..."

Alyth's eyes widened, as if she was amazed, "A Vialist? Are you sure?"

"It seems so..." he said, his frown appeared to have loosened up, as if he were excited.

Alyth grabbed the sleeve of his robe, "Come! Let me see for myself!"

The two had arrived at the prison chamber as many guards and wardens bowed at Alyth's presence. But she payed little attention to the greetings, and followed Darsten with haste.
"Quickly Darsty! I want to see!"

They finally arrived at the far edge of the chamber, where many guards stood infront of a deadbolted door. As soon as Alyth was in one of the guards' vision range, he knew exaclty why she came. He quickly unlocked the door and exposed the prisoner...
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 09:01
((Very nice description of Alyth.))

"Well, since you put it that way, My names Deorwine. THis is my friend Morion. We are here looking for a job. We heard soemone needed help here. Might you know where they are?"

Elaine stopped as the people came closer. "Welcome, Deorwine and Morion. I am Elaine, the... lady of this household. Indeed I do know who called you here," she said with a smile, not telling them that she was the one who called. She was afraid that they would laugh at her and go back to where they came from, when they found out that a female called for help when she has a whole castle to back her up. She tried not to show how nervous she was, and kept her features calm.

"If you could please follow--" she began, but was cut off by the sound of horses coming closer. Two more men were riding up, both clad in the colors of Liberach's kingdom. The shirt was a dark green with gold buttons down the middle, and a pattern of a sword on the left chest. The two looked tired, as if they had been riding all night (which wasn't too surprising since they had a long way to travel), and one of them looked as if he was about to fall off the horse, if it had not stopped but a few paces away from them. "Can I help you, gentlemen?" Elaine called, as the two dismounted.

"My Lady Elaine," the tired one said, blinking a few times and holding himself up by his horse. "We come from Dorianeth in search of Master Liberach--" he was cut off by a jab in the side by the other rider. "We have urgent news," the second rider said, looking around hastily, hoping to see their master. "May we please see master Liberach?" he asked, stepping away from his horse and taking a slight bow. The other one did the same. Elaine turned to Deorwine and Morion. "Could you please excuse me for just a few minutes. I shall go get the person who called you here... but in the mean time make yourselves comfortable. I know it is only a mere stable, but if you want there is a fountain where you could freshen up. Ask one of the stable boys, they will show you where it is," she said, gave a small bow and called for the two guards to follow her.

Yet again she found Liberach in the same place where she left, but her father was gone and so was Eli. Ethalion seemed to be discussing battle plans, for his hands were being thrown in the air and she could sense great excitement in his eyes. Liberach sat straight, listening to what Ethalion was saying and throwing something in every few seconds. There was a large map spread across the table, and Ethalion was now pointing at Dorianeth and tracing an invisible line to the Great Forests near the East. This marked the borders between the human and elves, the elves, of course, living in the East.

Elaine cleared her throat and walked closer, the two riders close behind her. "I am sorry to intrude, but these two men are here to deliver urgent news to Liberach," she said, and the two riders passed her, talking quietly to a now standing Liberach. He nodded in acknowledgement and with a wave of his hand he sent them back in her direction. "We are to retrieve our horses," the tired one said, who seemed more awake now. Elaine nodded and showed them where the stables were.

"Is... everything alright?" she asked, walking towards the table. Ethalion shrugged, rolled up the map and excused himself. "I have to go put this away and then I will go check on my father," he said before leaving the room. She wondered what he meant by 'check on my father', but knew she couldn't just leave Liberach alone. "Is everything alright?" she asked again, and this time he actually heard her. He was bent over the table with his hands firmly placed shoulder-width apart, and his head was dangling between them. He looked up and she could sense a hint of sadness in his eyes, though he kept his face quite calm.

He walked over to her and clasped her hands in his, staring into her eyes. "I am sorry that we could not speak more to each other, but I must go home-- for now," he said, drawing her closer to him. He was slightly taller than her, and she could feel his breath on her forehead. Without a warning he pulled her in and embraced her, and she could feel him trying to keep himself calm. Whatever the urgent news was, he was either extremely angry or extremely sad, since his whole body was shaking. He finally let her go, and took a few steps back as she stood gasping for breath. "I am sorry..." he muttered and rushed away out of the room.

Elaine stood there for a few minutes trying to think of a possible explanation, when she rememered that she had two people waiting outside for her, and that Thalion was getting further away from her grasp every second. When she got outside she saw the three (the two riders and Liberach) riding away without so much as a glance back. She shrugged and walked to the stables, hoping they wouln't laugh at her.

"Gentlemen..." she said, taking a deep breath,"... I hope you made yourselves comfortable, but now we must talk business."
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 10:25
"Well this must be some buisiness indeed if you seek aid when you seem well equipped enough here. But we will offer what assitance we may. So far we know that you need aid in a search. If you would be kind enough to tell us who we may be searching for, why we would be searching for them, where we might be going, and our pay," said Deorwine with a bow.

Morion looked up, "I don't care who, what, when, or where. I just want the pay. If we end up in a fight I would expect extra."

"That would be a bounty hunter for you, " said Deorwine, "short and to the point."
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 02:02
(please read!!! Power of the Mind has been nominated for a Featured Roleplaying Non-Tolkien award. It is encouraged that evey participant votes for us. If you'd like (which you should), go to the Main Roleplaying Board Index (where you choose to go to Totally Tolkien, Tolkien Related, or Non-Tolkien subforums), there will be a series of threads under the options, there you will find a topped thread entitled 'Featured RP NT Forum Vote Here!' Or unless you're too lazy to go, click this link: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=12281. When the page loads, be sure to click on the button and press 'Vote'!!)

Inside the cell, a young man sat against the wall. HIs eyes white, as if a thick cataract covered his pupils, his cheeks and arms wrinkled, as he wore moth-eaten garments. His neck, wrists, and ankles were all cuffed by large steel bracers.

One of the guards spoke, "We have drained out some of his strength, so that you and Lord Darsten could examine him with more ease, m'lady."

Alyth and Darsten gave him a slow nod, and walked into the room. As the darkness draped their faces and bodies, a pink ball of light immediately projected over Alyth's raised palm. "Ah..now we may see better, won't we Darsty?" she said in a cutesy, squeaky voice. Darsten rolled his eyes as Alyth adressed him by his pet name. They moved closer to the prisoner.

"What do you think? Does he look like a Vialist?" Darsten inquired Alyth.

With her other available hand, she stroked her chin a bit.
"Broad shoulders...good build..." Alyth turned to Darsten, still holding the pink ball of light into the air, "let's try him for a little..."

Darsten nodded, "Shall I go and release the gryphons?"

Before she could answer him, she grabbed his sleeve again and walked out of the cell. Once outside, she dismissed the pink light ball with a snap of her fingers, "No, I want to go fast, get out the Pegasi...I want a pink one!" Alyth crooned n a bossy tone, but still high-pitched and squeaky. Darsten rolled his eyes again and quickly left, as Alyth jumped up and down, like a little girl getting a new doll...

((Don't worry, I'll clear up all the confusion on the Vialists soon, just waiting for the right time to tell it))

[Edited on 28/1/2004 by tasuki1000]
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 05:56
[ooc: GO US!]

A very familiar creak came down the hallways and reached Teishar's half asleep ears. Instantly, he was awoken and had bounced out of bed with a weapon in his hand. His eyes shifted through the room, adjusting as they did so. But the creak had been his mother heading to her own bed to rest for the night. Such little things made him jump. At that, things that should be familiar to him. His mother was a frail woman and made quite a different sound from an experienced soldier walking upon a creaking hallway. Her steps were either lighter or heavier than theirs and took much longer to produce the full effect.

Sighing, he flopped back down upon his bed to stare at the ceiling with the knowledge that he wouldn't fall asleep again that night. He was too used to it now, a pattern had been inprinted in his mind. He stowed away the blade and felt his hand rest comfortably upon it. Oh mother. Why does this have to happen to me? He looked through the darkened window, wondering what might burst through. Well, his mother thought he was dead and maybe others had heard or seen the conversation. He left the house as silently as he could though many floorboards squeaked as his weight pressed upon them.

Almost immediately, as if this had been a practiced routine, his head swished back and forth before heading straight towards the gate again. It was another thing he had learned upon the run. See without quite analyzing. It made it much harder, but practice paid off, not that he had had much practice where there wasn't danger. But it was practice all the same. He felt the hilt of one of the closer blades which seemed to be a casual enough position. He strolled down the street as if he were the occupant of this kingdom and he felt that he wanted to.

Money might be paid for getting him and being brought before the Crown, he didn't know. Maybe it was just that he'd be killed or maybe not. Coming to that, he wondered what had happened to that assassin he had let in years ago but soon decided it wasn't that great to think about. His eyes shifted quickly and saw nearly everything as a blur rather than a picture. Having gotten a sense of what was "normal" in these blurs, he traveled off again. Maybe he would be able to buy or nick some food for later journeys, or runs, that he and Gift might make.

No place to call home save for the back of a horse. How fun was that? He had long gotten over saddle sores, but his bottom would still hurt occasionally. He had figured out other ways to ride that particular horse, but it wasn't any position he'd try upon any other mount that wasn't trained for such positionings. Tyne's Gift had at points accustomed himself to the odd positionings rather than the normal rider upon the saddle. Neither knew whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, but it had managed to get them out of a few tight spots.

He was amazed when he stopped shifting his eyes around to find himself in front of nothing other than one of the more public places which guards tended to stay. He, for one, had gone here often in his off hours. Shaking his head sadly at himself, he turned to find a place which might be selling food at this hour, but there was none that he could see.

Judging by the moon, he had not gotten much sleep at all unless his orientation was all wrong. He headed a familiar way and found himself surrounded by the stench of ordinary horses. Horses? He had to be near the stables. Stables... Tyne?

:Out here and well,: was the reply from the horse, slightly sleeping if anyone had cared for his opinions. robably better than you if you're in there.: Teishar ignored the second remark though he heard the truth in it as well. There was no good reason for him to be in this place much less helping the lady of the place. Looking, he saw that the Lady was talking with two others, probably two which had come to help though he could not figure why it was here which they were talking. He stood a ways apart from them in the shadows. Alerts had probably already gone up for soldiers in the city to be looking for him, but he wasn't caring much about that for the last time they had seen him he hadn't been in what he was in now.

Would they notice if he stood here? Or would they just carry on as if he were the shadow he tried to be? To be a shadow brought up a few not quite great memories, but it wasn't as if it mattered. He slumped against a wall and stared off into the distance, not quite seeing the people he was keeping an eye on, but if they moved, he would know.

[ooc: what's a Vialist?]

[Edited on 28/1/2004 by shavynel]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 06:11
(Like I said, I'll clear up the confusion about Vialists soon)

As beautiful pegasi flew out of the Aerial Stables, Alyth had walked out of the large double doors. Following her was the prisoner, only his face was covered in a loin cloth. Darsten raced forward to the two, "The Pegasi are ready, like you asked, we have a pink Pegasus for you," Darsten eyed the person with the cloth over his face confusingly, and scratched his head, "M'lady? Is that the Vialist?" Alyth grinned and nodded, "but..why the cloth?"

"Because! People seeing a man with a cataract and a dark face will surely make them have some suspicions...if anyone asks, we are his brother and sister, and are travelling south to find a Cleric to heal his disease, which uglies up his face, which is why we cover up his head, understood?" Alyth spoke, while waving a ridiculously large fan in front of Darsten's face, "now Darsty, bring us to the Pegasi!"

[Edited on 1/28/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 08:25
((Very interesting story behind it all. Please vote for us you guys! We're still leading *yay!!!* but only by a point. Lol.))

Pay!? Elaine thought, fumbling on her dress. I was worried about the female thing, but I forgot all about pay! Even though she was very nervous and couldn't believe she forgot about the pay, she kept her face calm and tried to sound as high-and-mighty as possible. "I assure you that there will be many battles on this adventure... so it would be... unnessecary to give you extra pay. I suppose you shall get paid after the mission is complete, otherwise you might spend it and then if you die-- which isn't completely impossible-- this kingdom loses money. Now we wouldn't want that to happen, I assure you," she said, quite surprised at herself.

Before they could say anymore she was already next to her horse brushing it. "The mission will be explained later. Now I assume that you have no further questions or objections, considering I just squashed your dream of extra pay. Please don't think me as some... cruel barbarian who can't keep her mouth shut and bosses everyone around. That is not the impression I intend to make," she said, and put the brush down on a cabinet near the horse.

The stables always smelled, but that was something she had gotten used to. Outside the sun had already set ((I'm not sure what time of day it is)) and there were a few stars dotted across the sky. She wondered if Nagiuith (forgive if I spelled it wrong) found someplace safe to sleep. Nothing was going to delay the trip. Nothing.

Elaine turned her attention back to the two standing there. She half exptected them to have run off while her back was turned. "Now, gentlemen," she said, "shall we find you a place to rest for the night?"
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 12:12
Deorwine bowed, "No thank you ma'am. I do not believe I'll be having much sleep tonight. We'll need to get our gear together."

Morion grunted an assent, turned and strode away.

"Forgive him," Deorwine said to the lady, "he never was much for manners." With that Deorwine bowed and took his leave of the lady to go see what he might round up before dawn.

[Edited on 30/1/2004 by Abraon]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2004 03:36
Elaine nodded and smiled. "Just be ready by tomorrow," she said, not quite sure if they had heard her. This was a much better reaction than she had expected. When they were gone she quickly slipped back into the castle and up to her bedroom. Luckily she managed to avoid her brothers and father, but bumped into a few maids on the way upstairs. She found her room empty and shut the door behind her.

She quickly ran to the window and looked outside, to make sure nobody was standing guard. With a sigh of relief she climbed into bed and pulled the covers over to her eyes. Elaine quickly fell asleep, hoping that they were setting out the next day.

((I just felt that I should post. Nothing fancy, as you can see. hehe. ))

[Edited on 31/1/2004 by Abraon]
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 01:51
[ooc: Just to make things go faster because we know we all want them...I don't know if I've word...but...morning call!]

Teishar looked out into the broadening daylight from a place near the sleeping horse. He sighed and knew that had he not said word already he would have been far off by now on another "adventure" which he didn't exactly want. The painted sky was a wondrous view but it was not one he often longed to see. It only meant others had better visibility of him and would have a better chance of seeing him. Yes, it true that he too would see better in the daylight, but if it meant visibility to others, he'd rather risk the night.

His hand ran through his hair and consequently pushed down his hood as well. The lady had asked to be seen in the morning with the promise of explaining. He looked to the gates and knew how much more difficult it would be for him to get in now. He looked down from the sunrise to Gift who still was peacefully dozing, taking the time to sleep in case there was a need to run later. The man ran a hand through the mane and wished he could do the same and still feel safe though he knew there would be no real sleep for him anytime soon.

"I'll be off then, Gift. Can't be sure if I should tell you to expect me or not. Why did it have to be you the horse?" Teishar, at the moment, would rather be a dozing horse than a man looking to help when he wasn't sure why he wanted to help or what he was to do. "Bye Gift."

The horse snorted and opened one eye to look at the man donned still in dark colors. :Reminds me of Nasith, looking at you like that.: Nasith had been the assassin he had helped so long ago. He shot a look at the horse which worked just as well for at the moment the horse was at a lower eyelevel than he was at. :Take care of yourself, I won't come running to you to help.: Teishar snorted at the horse, knowing that it wasn't likely he'd stick to his words.

He left then, turning to the gate and dreading what was behind. Where would she be now? Still in bed or informing others without him? He didn't care as he shook his head letting stray strands of hair fall into his face. Not too long yet, but still long enough to be an annoyance.

"What's your name?" The guard of the gate halted him, not allowing him to pass through.

"Nagiuith," he responded quite undaunted, "I've someone to meet in the city which you guard."

"And who might this person be? One of the Guard who will let you in?" Teishar immediately wished he had pulled up his hood before but looking into the eyes of the other with a confused look behind his eyes. "I know who you are. Mighty well you came this way and not some other."

"What? You following Teishar's footsteps? Letting in people you know you shouldn't be?" The other merely grinned.

"Reasons." The gatekeeper motioned for Teishar to move in. He did do so in the end, but with slow movements that flowed together. What and who in the world did that person think he was? Why was he doing what he was doing? He suspected that others waited for him not to far off but didn't bother.

He looked around bewildered when he figured the other wouldn't act for a while. Just to be safe, he had pulled up his hood again, but that seemed to make it all the more suspicious though there were few on the streets to compare him to. Where would she be this early in the morning? Eating? Food! He looked his hands sorrowfully which held no food. He had eaten last night which meant he could last till this evening, but there was always the want for food.

[Edited on 2/2/2004 by Abraon]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 04:06
((YAY! We won!!! And tied with the King Arthur thread... . But anyway, I've decided to tell the capturing from Thalion's point of view, since I've run out of things to say with Elaine. . It'll start the night of the capturing... I'm not going to repeat the whole fish-catching thing.

You don't have to read all of this if you don't want to, but can skip to the stars.

Okay, just for a bit of info, Elaine's castle is the most powerful kingdom in the world at that time... so of course Alyth (who is very power-hungry) would want to gain control of it or at least get rid of everybody in it. That's why she kidnapped Thalion, for the most part, but also because of the other stuff that tasuki is making up (very confusing). But anyway... that's basically the reason. I'll explain/ elaborate more later on. Oh, and also, Alyth is part elf, so she has telepathy, too.))

Thalion sighed and leaned against the wall. His jet-black hair hung over his eyes and with a quick movement he brushed it away. It was a slow night tonight, slower than usual, and he was getting very bored and tired. One of the good things of being on night duty was that he could spend time with Elaine and her brothers. The fishing trip from earlier that day soaked him completely, and he was still drying off almost five hours later

He looked up at the night sky; the moon was full, and here and there stars ran across the vast area of space. With a sigh he pulled himself away from the wall and picked up his sword that he dropped on the ground. He knew it wasn't safe to leave your weapons when on duty, but it was only a few feet away and he was very quick on his feet to get there before anything should happen.

As he rounded a corner, he saw four or five guards standing in a circle, with someone in the middle. She seemed about his age, the guards seemed much older and were very drunk (which was, I might add, against the rules). One of them were talking to her, half slurring his words. "Now yu know... someone with yur buty ((beauty)) shuldn't be walking around so late at nite," he said, and she took a step backwards. Unfortunately there was a wall behind her, and they weren't letting her out.

Thalion slowly moved closer, to see what was going on. "I would please like to return to my cabin," the girl was saying, her bright green eyes sparkling in the firelight. She had long, red hair that came down to her hips, which seemed on fire because of the torch that was above her head. Another one of the guards grabbed her arm. "Yu're not going anywhere," he said, but before he could do anything Thalion had lunged a rock at his head and the guard lay passed out on the gravel. The other guards turned and looked where the rock came from, they saw nobody. One shrugged and when they turned back to the girl, she was gone.

Thalion had grabbed her hand, and they were now running back to where his post was. Once they got there, he released her and she stood catching her breath. (I didn't mention this but it was quite a long way from the post to the guards.) Thalion sat on the grass and leaned against the wall, his eyes closed. I just knocked out one of the front guards...... Oh well, it's a slow night. I'm sure nothing will go wrong. But they shouldn't be drunk... he thought, but he was cut off when the girl began to speak.

"Thank you for saving me," she said, and Thalion opened his eyes to look at her. She is so... beautiful... he thought, and stood up. "No problem at all. I'm just sorry I didn't get there sooner... Where are my manners? My name is Thalion," he said shakily, this being the only girl he has really talked to other than Elaine. The girl smiled and shook his hand. "You didn't come a minute too soon, and I am really grateful. My name is... Kaeri," she said with a slight grin. Thalion knew there was something about her, but he couldn't quite place his finger on it.

His face must have shown his contemplation, for her smile faded and she put her hair behind her ears. "I am an elf, if that is what you were wondering," she said, looking at the ground as if ashamed of what she was. But Thalion took her hands and looked into her eyes. "You are very beautiful, Kaeri, and..." he said, trying not to shake from nervouseness. As if a force was controlling him, he, for no reason at all, turned his head and looked into the forest, when a shape passed between the trees ((I know this sounds... weird... but are there any trees there??? Lol. I can't remember. Well, now there are!)).

He didn't let go of her hands, but lowered them slowly. "There's something out there," he whispered, grabbing his sword hilt, now letting her hands drop. He let out a whistle for the other guards to hear, and began running towards the trees. "I'll be back," he whispered to her and kissed her hand before he took off. He ran deeper and deeper into the forest, the moon now completely out of view, and managed not to stumble over roots and plants.

Thalion heard the sound of fighting behind him, and turned to go back. The night had finally begun to liven up and now he was in the middle of the forest, lost! He turned around and heard a branch crack behind him, but before he could see who was there someone hit him over the head and he fell to the ground.

Elaine woke up to the sound of birds on her window-sill. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, wondering if the past few days really happened. She stood up, still dressed in yesterday's clothes, and began to change. Taking her hair brush, Elaine ran it through her hair and tied it with a ribbon.

She opened her bedroom door and found that the halls were empty, but could hear movement downstairs. Once again her father was not at the table, but her two brothers were, along with breakfast. There were maids running everywhere trying to get them food and wine, and before she even sat down there was food infront of her. "Good morning," she said with a nod towards her brothers. Ethalion looked tired, as if he had been up all night. Eli's face showed nothing, but she sensed that he, too, was up late.

"What's wrong?" she asked them, but Ethalion only shook his head and picked at his food. She looked at Eli with a worried face, wondering why they weren't talking to her and what was going on. Brother! she demanded, but he too looked at his plate and started eating. I cannot tell you now... you must wait... he said to her, and after a while of sitting there she started to eat, too.

She hoped that the others had survived the night and that they were getting breakfast, as well.

((Okay that's all I'll put you through!!! Sorry if it's long .))
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 12:55
Morion was perched on the railing of some steps when Deorwine walked up. Morion looked up, "You ready?"

"Morion, you've known me for 15 years. Have you ever known me to not be ready?"

"On several occasions."

"Thats a lie and you know it." said Deorwine laughing. True it wasn't all that funny, but in their buisness nothing much was. You had to laugh when you could cause when it came to buisness, it wasn't all that pretty or funny. Most peole Deorwine was hired to track ended up dead and most people Morion was hired to hunt either killed themselves or Morion killed 'em. It was pretty gruesome buisiness.

Deorwine looked off towards the sunrise. "Its time to go."

[Edited on 2/8/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 02:43
Alyth zoomed on her Pink Pegasus with glee as Darsten maintained a steady pace on his, which had the prisoner riding on it as well.

After a few hours of riding, Alyth turned to Darsten, who was struggling to get his pegasus at a higher altitude.

"Darsty, I want to go to the Hall, just a little detour. Oh please? Please?" she begged

Darsten knew what to say, he really had no choice. Even if he said no, Alyth would've forced him to anyway.

[Edited on 14/2/2004 by CarolP]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 08:09
((Happy belated Valentine's Day!))

Elaine finished breakfast and excused herself from the table. She was going to leave today wether they were ready or not. She walked to the main entrance and as the door opened the cold morning chill surrounded her. There were a few clouds in the sky, one of them blocking the sun slightly. She was glad that she had remembered to put her coat on and made her way back to the stables. Feeling stupid for not telling them to meet her there the next morning, she had a slight hope that they would figure it out by themselves.

"Good morning," she said to the stable boy, who had already packed the horses. She sat down on a stool and waited for the others to get there. Elaine looked up at the sky and noticed a few clouds moving in from the West. I hope the weather lasts. The last thing we need right now is a storm to keep us longer... she thought, and wondered if Alyth had anything to do with the weather change. If she was as powerful as Eli had said, who knew what they were up against?

You know I fully support what you're doing... it was Eli again. She wondered how he knew. Then again, he basically knew everything that was going on around the castle so she wasn't too surprised. But...? she said to him, knowing what was coming. But you'll need more men. You can't travel like this. A group of 4 people? That's hardly enough. ((it is 4, right?)) I shall... give you a few men to travel with you... just to make sure you stay alive. No objections. I won't send a lot of men, that way you'll get spotted too easily... just 3 of my best, that's all. Elaine was going to argue, but he shut his mind and she knew she had no choice but to accept the three men.

"Where are they???" she thought after a few minutes passed.

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by eldir]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 11:25
"Where ARE they!?"

((... You guys come on, I know we all have busy lives, but if you could just get on at least once a week then we could get this thing going. PWEASE!!! :cry: :cry: Don't make me beg. Because I will. ))

Elaine looked around. She was getting impatient and the sun was already high in the sky. "That's another day waisted," she murmered and was about to get up when she heard horses coming closer.

((HINT HINT!))

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by eldir]
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 08:36
(morion and Derowine are still perched on the railing of the front steps)
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 11:57
Okay... well I can see that nobody is putting effort into this thread so I'm not going to post anymore. Apparently your lives are just too busy, and you don't have time to post, so I'm going to save you the trouble of taking precious time out of your schedules. Mods, could you please close this thread, since nobody is posting? Thanks.

-Sil.

[Edited on 4/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email