Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
Post Shadows (free! Please join!)
on: January 18, 2004 01:25
((Alright, so basically this is about people who kill peope or ruin their lives in other ways for a profession. Completly free, just post as your heart desires, but NO godmodding. Takes place in a modern time, if not this world.))

Two young men ran down a few alleyways, trying to lose their pursuers. Over one's head flew a falcon. The one without the animal above him turned to the other.

"Dude, you really have to stop spiking your hair. Either that, or dye it one color." he commented, still pelting down the streets.

"You don't have to tell me any more, Dag, I know." the other panted. Both turned a corner quickly, and ran into a fence.

"Nice place for a fence, don't you think?" the one called Dag started to climb up one side. "C'mon, we have to get out of here, Lan." he dropped lightly down on the other side. Lan scrambled up behind him, and dropped back down on the other side.

They kept on their escape, and soon came to where the alley met the main street, and the two of them continued to pelt down the streets. Dag went to turn another corner, but only got a few feet down before he found himself staring at a gun pointed at his face.

"Damn." Dag muttered, and slowly raised his hands. Lan followed suit.
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Shadows (free! Please join!)
on: January 18, 2004 01:57
"I didn't expect that it would be me pointing this at you." The man gave a sadistic smile to them with a half heart behind it. He let the gun twirl around his finger carelessly and stopped it back in its original position. "But shooting you two off right now would ruin all the fun that there could possibly be in pointing it at you." His eyebrow was cocked in a half-innocent sort of way, not that a person could look innocent with a cocked gun in his hand wearing all shadowed grays.

"Didn't expect me on this side, or did you?" His head tipped slightly as if examining them from a different angle. He threw his head back and looked behind him, making sure that none else were there. But he moved only enough that his eyes could see backwards and still sort of keep an eye on those two. Athen stowed away his gun having pushed back the hammer. "What are you doing?" he asked when he had confirmed that there weren't any others around. A shrill whistle parted from his lips and a falcon dropped down from the sky to land on a gloved arm.

"If it wasn't me you might already be dead. Not many care that the other surrenders unless they want whoever it is alive." After having fed the bird a treat, he launched it back into the sky. His head turned back and looked to see someone was turning the corner; swiftly the gun was raised and cocked to point at Dag and Lan again as his head whipped back to face them.

"Athen!" the other called out, half running half jogging over. The second was one who was actually going after Dag and Lan, unlike Athen who wasn't quite sure what he was doing anymore. "Great!" Their voice was just a little too enthusiastic for a place like this, but it wasn't like that mattered. Once more Athen turned his head, this time to greet the other with a nod.

Not a smart move if he actually cared as it meant he wouldn't know exactly when to press the trigger if he had to or where he was to aim. "Strike of luck," he said as none would actually believe he was the one getting Dag and Lan to put their hands up as he was short, thin and a runt in general.

[ooc: hope it's okay with you...Athen's just a confused little person who thinks he should be helping Dag and Lan but has to abide by other things...doesn't want to be running all his life...]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 02:47
((OOC: Fine with me. Pretty cool enterance, even if it was a bit confusing. ))

Dag and Lan shared a look. Who was he?

'Who does he think he is?' Lan mouthed. Dag shrugged his shoulders. Lan let out a piercing wistle of his own, and another falcon came swooping down towards the second person, throwing them off to cover their face with their hands. In a flash, Dag had rolled under the gunman's arm and grabbed the other's wrist in his hand, twisting the gun out of it. Lan pulled a gun of his own out of its holster and pointed it at the one that his falcon was going for. Dag pointed the gun that he had grabbed at Athen.

"Don't make me use this." Lan warned. His falcon, Flame, flew to perch on the fire escape of one of the buildings. He began to back slowly down the alley, past Athen, his gun still trained at his and Dag's pursuer.

"Man, never turn your back." Dag commented, joining Lan in the retreat. "You're just lucky that I'm in a good mood. If I were in a bad mood, I'd either steal your identity, or kill you." he grinned "Anyway, see you around, or maybe not." with that, he broke into a run away from the two other men.

((OOC: Sorry about the theft, but that's Dag for you. And the refrence to the identity theft, he's also a computer hacker. If you want to read about either of them, they're both in the db. Dag is short for Dagred, and his full name is Dagred Carpeth. Lan's full name is Lan Griot, if you want to look either up to read up on them.))
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 05:56
[ooc: I'm a bit lazy. Athen isn't in the database, but he's short, dark eyed and haired...and other than that, he's a confused little person. The falcon was a dark-morph gyrfalcon of the smaller side if you wanted to know that...So, laziness doesn't pay off, but I'm lazy. The other, just for reference is probably going to be named Tolis, but that could always change...]

Athen looked after the two who had just ran off with a slight bit of confusion upon his face. His hand pulled out yet another gun, a Browning 9mm. He looked at the other who had changed his expression from joy to anger. There was no way that Athen cared about what others thought about him. That was made evident in the shrug he offered to the man before jolting past him. Looking up, he saw the dark-morph against the sky. He made a climb up things before swinging onto a fire escape. His hop upon boxes led to the fact that the hop to the roof wasn't that far from where he was.

Once up, he followed the shadow of the gyrfalcon and sometimes the bird itself as it led the way across. Athen fully trusted the bird, or at least enough that he knew the bird would try and devour him anytime soon or lead him into serious trouble.

"Athen!" The voice called from behind. It was as furious as the face had looked. The younger didn't wait as he spirited across the way, jumping here and there when he needed to. Finally, the bird back winged as if it didn't want to fall off the edge of a building though that was hardly possible. Nodding, Athen started to scamper down another fire escape, leaving the other to run as fast as he would. "Athen!" he called out again. He paid no attention to his name as if it weren't his name they were calling but a foreigner's.

He didn't jump off the end though, as if he were afraid, but there was no heights he was afraid of. Looking out, he thought he saw the pair continuing to run but he couldn't be sure.

"A--!" With a shake of his head the younger man turned his head back and pressed his finger to his lips to signify silence. He pointed in the direction which the two were. His senior crept up behind him thinking that Athen was just slightly insane at best. He waited there, watching, sitting where he was for the moment. Tyne rested upon fire escape as well, the falcon eyes watching intently on the two men and the falcon.

The dark-haired boy looked out with the Browning flipping around his finger, catching in his hand at regular intervals. He stuck the gun back into his holster and flipped over the edge which would be received as a thought of insanity by his superior as the ground was not altogether close and nor was anything else.

Of all things, he strolled up whistling a tune like an innocent boy of his age. His hands rested in pockets and he walked down as if he were oblivious of what went on around him. He was aware and was ready to make what haste he had to, not that he wanted to. With a frame like his, he couldn't run too fast but run he still could. Not that he could count on running away to get him out of what mess he made sure he walked into.

[ooc: the little I-want-to-be-a-hero-so-I'll-be-stupid move...]Image

[Edited on 19/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Gellan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 01:18
( would you mind if I join?)

Then he sudden felt a hand on his shoulder and pulled him into an ally, and then he got a hand on his mouth. "Shhhh becalm little on." A male voice said. Then he saw a few man with guns walking by. "I'm sure that boy came this way, Find him!" One of the men yelled. And they walked away.

Then the man let him go and sat down on the ground and started to breath loudly, Athen then looked at the man who seemed to have helped him.

Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 01:45
((Nope, no problem.))

Dag finally stopped and leaned back against a wall. He tried to catch his breath, but wasn't doing a good job of it.

"Man, I can't believe that I didn't see that one coming!" Dag said. "I am getting so fed up at running right now." Lan put his gun away and rolled his eyes.

"Dag, relax. You can't see everything." He said. Then he glanced around. "Well, where to now?"

"I thought you had an idea." Dag turned to Lan, who shook his head and smiled.

"No... remember, that's your job, oh computer hacker." Dag swatted at his friend, but couldn't help but chuckle. "So, I guess that means that we'll pointlesly wander around until we get chased again, huh?" Dag nodded, and they moved off.

[Edited on 1/20/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Gellan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 12:18
"So why are you out at this time of night young one?" The man said to the kid who he just helped.
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 02:05
[ooc: Just a note, please let ME play each of Athen's little actions. It would be find if he got dragged by another, but Athen would be more likely to try and knock the guy out or shoot him dead and run off again than to 'look and stay.']

"What business do you have that you must know my cause of being here?" Athen gave the man a glare which could signify death. He had meant to go where he was headed, why did this stupid person have to stop him? He had long since pulled out his Browning again, which, out of habit, was twirling around his finger. Without pausing in the motion to make it seem like a stopped move, he cocked it and continued to twirl it around his finger. "I don't see why I should tell someone like you why I'm out at night? Anything remotely wrong with it?"

The twisting of the gun stopped to point at the man carelessly. It looked as if the gun would drop out of his hand at any moment if so much as a slight shake shook him. But it was gripped tightly in his careless hand with relaxed practice, or more like time and time again which he had used such a pose that it became natural to him. "Need I a reason?" he asked just as carelessly as his gun-hand was, "Or is such a reason just to satisfy your curiosity? If so the second, I wouldn't answer. If the first, not likely either."

The "help" that the other had given was none that Athen wanted. It was more hinder than help. He could have gotten both of them back at gunpoint if the stupid man hadn't interfered. He looked backwards out of the corner of his eye so that his head need not move much at all. As swiftly as they had gone, they had come back to face the man.

"Unless you have a reason for keeping me here, I'm off." With that, he pushed the hammer back into its safe place and started out of the alley as carelessly as all his other motions. Yes, turn the back and make it seem careless as well. He knew well that Dag and Lan had caught him for that same act, but he didn't care. His eyes looked back into the sky to search for the gyrfalcon again. He didn't find the dark bird against the sky, but that was probably due to the fact he was in an alley. Shrugging mentally, he headed out, walking as carelessly as he dared to.

[Edited on 23/1/2004 by Abraon]
Gellan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2004 12:51
Then suddely when he looked in front of him again bhe saw the man standing there. "The greyfolken is in the nothe part of town Athen." And then the man started walking away. "If you even get yourself in a fics and you can't get out ust call out my name, Aron." And the the man dissapeared.
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 05:38
Athen was puzzled by the man's reaction. He didn't know who the man was and he doubted the man knew who he was. Offering help to one who sought it not at all. He scorned the offered help, but he would take it to mind had he real need for it. He expected to have no need for it since he had pulled through enough of life by himself and his gyrfalcon.

He heard a cry send up into the air and knew it was himself which the gyrfalcon called. His name from the bird was just a number of noises to his ear still, but he could recognize the pattern no matter what was said or to be heard around. In reply, he sent out his own whistle to bring the bird to him. Within moments, the dark bird of prey appeared above him. When he looked out again, he saw no man and did not remember much save for what the man had said. With a mental shrug, he continued on, following the bird at a sprint.

It was a skill he had acquired while living with the bird, being able to follow a bird high above and to run without hitting anything. Yes, the bird had trained too so that he flew not right above him but where his shadow would fall in terms of his human partner. Together they went through the streets of the place. Trust was what kept them together for they had no reason to distrust as of yet. Often times Athen felt that he was not worthy to be the keeper of such a bird, but the bird stayed no matter what he did to send it off into the wild where it belonged as of truth.

He saw the two running for he had come up in a different direction. He knew it wasn't time, but impatience tugged at him. He released a shot having pulled the hammer back again and wildly he knew he had missed unless by luck he had hit though it wasn't likely.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 02:45
Dag swiftly dropped under the bullet as soon as he had heard the gunshot.

"Well, fancy meeting you again." Lan commented, casually pulling out one of his guns. He cocked it and aimed. With his free hand, he toosed one Dag.

"What do you want with us, anyway?" Dag asked, his voice dangerously close to a snarl.
Gellan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 12:34
What the boy's didn't know was that there was a fight going on near them, untill a stray bullet came close Athen's feet.
Then he heared the voice of a men yelling: "Die you vampire!"
When Athen whent to check it out he saw the men who helpt him was bieng betten up by a group of men who seemed to carry a silver crosses.
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 06:06
[ooc: with all due respect, do not make my character walk where I haven't made him walk and do not RP from his point of view! I don't see what's wrong with RPing from your character's point of view and not mine! I will define what he knows and what he doesn't. A stray bullet is fine, but if Athen jumps in shock or looks at it with careless eyes is my choice. What he heard and what he is oblivious of will also be in my hands. What he cares to see will also be my choice and not the choice of another. Thankyouverymuch. If you don't mind, I will start from the second to last post where I had controlled most of my character's movements. If this reoccurs, I'm sorry to say that I will leave though this has a good idea behind it and I do want to continue.]

"I wonder how I would ever come to find out that information..." Athen replied with little more than a snort signifying that they most likely already knew it and was just passing time. Now that he looked at them with a mind behind looking, he saw something besides just the people that they seemed to be. Memories started to pop up at him from when he was younger, somewhere in the early teens. He knew them not much better than the average other being in this world, but knew them enough to want to pursue them after having let them off. He was unsure if it was help he wanted to offer or death that he carried in his hand, but he was here anyways. Events had carried out since his last ponderings about this and he was starting to lean towards wanting to kill them.

His carelessness was evident even when confronted with a pair of guns and not just one. It would seem to many that he cared not for what happened in his life and as it was, he didn't. Not much at least. He didn't care if he lived or died in this world, if he was loved or hated. His survival was not as important as... He didn't know how to finish that, but there were other things—or no other things—to worry about than his own life.

"Seeing that we've all guns out, I don't see how this would be a very friendly reunion." His hand reached for the gun which was no longer there and when he managed not to find it, he gave a shrug and twisted his current gun once more. Two guns against his only one. He gave a mental shrug to that.
Gellan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 12:48
( I will leave then I am sorry for my behavior.)
Gellan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 01:05
( I just liked the story and this was the only thing I could think of for Aron too show up again. I am so sorry )
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 01:40
((Please try to solve all arguements and disagreements in a civilized fashion. Meaning, don't yell, don't scream, etc. shavynel, I can see where you don't like having your character controlled, but please PLEASE don't snap at people for mistakes. Gellan, you don't have to leave this, and your behavior is forgiven. But, as shavynel has requested, please play your character from his point of view, and don't control other people's actions, even the small ones. Mods, I'm sorry for the full OOC post.))

[Edited on 26/1/2004 by Abraon]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 10:22
((Btw, shavynel, I'm not entirely sure what your last post was about... it is very confusing. Also, be a little more open to people controlling your character(s) minorly, it's not that big of a deal.))

Dag raised an eyebrow and glanced at Lan out of the corner of his eye. This guy was starting to get on his nerves, and more than just a bit.

"Who are you?" Lan asked. "After answering that question, I would suggest moving out of our way."
Gellan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 02:47
Unknown to the boy's there was a men standing just around the corner looking at the hole thing. "These boy's might be abble to...no there not strong enough." The men whispered hopping none of the boy's heard him, he stode there and looking at the boy's.

[Edited on 11/2/2004 by Abraon]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 03:03
((Sorry, I've been busy, and I kind of let this thread die. So, let's get back on track, shall we?))

A prescence behind them alerted Dag's senses, and he turned. His mouth tightened into a line as he saw the other man standing behind them. He again felt his ire rising, and turned completly around, stepping around Lan so he pressed his back to his friend's.

"What do you want?" he asked, his voice dangerously low. He was tired of being chased, even if it was to be expected as a rather dangerous computer hacker.
Gellan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 12:59
"Simple young one I whise you two to stay alive." The men said and he started to walk closer, "And I would have to die to do so I will." He contiued and he stopt and looked at the two boy's.

[Edited on 20/2/2004 by eldir]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 04:55
All anger left Dag's face when the other man said that he wished for he and Lan to stay alive. And then he offered his life! There was something different about him.

"Who are you?" Dag asked after a moment of silence, trying to figure out what exactly was going on. Lan heard the other voice and felt the other prescence, but didn't turn around. His gun was still pointed at Athen, but he was as confused as Dag was.

"What's going on?" Lan asked in a whisper.
Gellan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 06:26
"My name is Aron at your serves." The men said as he bowed his head, "I can not stay long gentlemen there is some bussnis I have to atent to, but if you are ever in any danger call my name and I will appear or come to the old mansion at the north side of the city tomorrow night and I will try to explean what who I am and why I want to help you." The men contieud. Then he started to walk away.

[Edited on 20/2/2004 by CarolP]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 08:48
"Okay then..." Lan muttered under his breath. Dag turned back around.

"Well, here we are again, at a standoff. Wonderful," Dag muttered under his breath. "What are we going to do?"

[Edited on 28/2/2004 by CarolP]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email