Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Post "Dammad Dholen" - "Secret Forging" (please PM to join)
on: January 21, 2004 05:03
Greetings!

A brand new RP is about to begin, check it out!

The story will take place in Dol Amroth, the ancient port and the city of Prince Imrahil, the setting is shortly before and during the War of the Ring.

Duke Maigurrus, one of the most influential nobles in Dol Amroth and a Councellor of the Prince, has been dreaming about a higher power for years, and has been making plans to take over the power. Secretly, he has made an agreement with the Captain of the Dunlendings, Olvan, and has began to gather his own army.

Olvan has his own reasons to help Maigurrus, one of them is the Duke's niece, Gwendolyn, and the remarkable reward that has been promissed to him.

In order to ensure his army's superiority, Maigurrus has hired an elven smith, Caimallen of Rivendell, to come to Dol Amroth and teach his smiths the craft of the elves.

The War of the Ring is drawing near, and the army of Maigurrus is almost ready...

Now, this thread is the idea of gwendeth and Nifredil (me!) It is fairly scripted, but only some things are set in stone (like love... )
If you are reading and your heart is beating faster, and al you are still wating for are the conditions of joining, you've reached THE part:

Needed:

The best friend of Gwendolyn
Her maid
Gardener - taken by shavynel

The brother of Caimallen - taken by shavynel
His friend - taken by kaazebrabeads

A bodyguard of Maigurrus, a thief or somebody else...

Maigurrus and Caimallen will be played by Nifredil, and Olvan and Gwendolyn are under gwendeth's care.

So, if you want to join, just PM one of us! If you have another EXCELLENT idea or character you want to come up with, please do!

Important!
We don't like rushing threads, we prefer going in depth of the character, so, if you feel like this kind of person, you will be most welcome in our company

[Edited on 29/1/2004 by Nifredil]
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
Post RE: "Dammad Dholen" - "Secret Forging" (please PM to join)
on: January 26, 2004 03:20
Mae govannen, kaazebrabeads!!! Oh, that was an AWESOME post!

This is going to bo so much FUN!!!

Gwen
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 12:28
Yes, mae govannen, mellon nin!

kaazebrabeads has taken the place of the friend of Caimallen and Calmathil. I guess you all will agree that she did it just too well to believe it! Right? Right?! *stared dangerously at everybody else*

Oh well, I like it when people agree with me!
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 04:53
A big hug of welcome to shavynel! She will be playing 2 chars - Calmathil and Fierthon, the gardener in Maigurrus' household.

I just want to thank youfor joining! You know, you have both surprised me with your posts. They are extremely good! Kep it this way, mellynen!

Nif
In the Realm of Ulmo
gwendeth
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 06:06
I agree!! They ARE great!

And - shavynel - Fierthon is Gwendolyn's friend/confidante, too, isn't he? :dizzy:
shavynel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 02:06
Err...he should be...elsewise I have no idea what he is...

And if that surprised you, than I'd wonder how you'd respond to an opening post from my dear friend Karmic Drow...who isn't here...sadly.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 02:12
lol! I was having a BAAAAD day yesterday, shavynel! Gwen's looking forward to a chat with Fierthon! She needs it!

[Edited on 11/2/2004 by ithillinde]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 07:47
Ummm - hey Nif! Where are we going with this??? *hides*

gwen

psst - kaaz - you DO have great posts! So does Nif! And Shav... we MISS you!
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 10:30
Oh, hi Gwen!

I'm kinda slowing down a bit because I've been hoping Shavy would return from wherever she is and hop in. It might be hard for her to restart the story after having missed so much...

Nif

[Edited on 27/2/2004 by maeghin]
In the Realm of Ulmo
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 07:30
I have to remember to check in here too.........Thanks for the compliments everyone....I hope Shayvanel comes back, she was good too...........

Well back to the rest of the world.....

kaazebrabeads
Kelly
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 03:41

I've added a new character to this thread......Morwen Sideslider. He's an all around thief/spy type character. Nif....I've got him selling info to Maggurrius beofre this, so he's known to him.....

And He's just sort of "I like my Head where it is, on My neck and I'll do just about anything to keep it there" type of guy.......
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 10:24
Mmmmmmmmmm, I like him already! I think, we would need to make a common history of both of them. You know - to make their relationship more realistic. What do you say?

Nif

Oh, did you guys notice we have 3 pages already? Yay!
In the Realm of Ulmo
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 02:18
He's got no 'family'....he's one of those "He's my brothers, sistesr cousin twice" removed type of people......

He could be an obscure relative........

Let me know, Morwens a really fluid character.

3 pages! Yipeee!!!

Kelly
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 03:21
No, I mean - how they got to know each other, what kind of information and when has Morwen delivered to Maigurrus etc. Got my idea?

Hmmmm... Let's think.
In the Realm of Ulmo
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 03:27
Yes, a very, very interesting character!

And... hmmm - would Morwen be the 'type' to perhaps 'play' Maigurrus and Olvan against each other? Just a thought...

3 pages! WOW!!
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 04:09
ooopss...sorry about that......

Morwens here there and everywhere. He's in the best spots to tell Maigurrus when the people he's dealing with are 'shorting' him, if the captains of ships are trying to take more than their share and where the most valuable items are going to be coming from.

I also think Morwen has wiggled into the great households of Minas Tirith and Dol Amroth as a servant....you learn alot about family secrest that way.

He's the person that gets the information for Magurrius to blackmail the smaller merchants into supporting him...He's Magurrius' spy...sort of like Grima was Saurumans just not as ugly or dark..........

As for playing Maigurrus against Olvan......I'm not sure. On the surface, perhaps...he knows that Maigurrus is actually more deadly as he could have him banished/killed anywhere in the realms of men.......
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 04:33
Idea!

Following your description of Morwen, I got this idea: what if Morwen has worked for some rival of Maigurrus previously and spied on Maigurrus for him... let's say - some 4 years ago. But then Maigurrus has discovered that. But, seeing how useful Morwen can be, instead of killing im in wrath, he offered the man a better pay and sort of hired him. Used him as a double agent. You say - Morwen knows that Maigurrus is deadly? This might have worked as a motif for the spy to reconsider his authorities.

As for not recognizing Gwen... Maigurrus has been meeting Morwen in a safe place in the city, Morwen has never visited Maigurru's mansion before.

Hoe does this sound to you?

Nif
In the Realm of Ulmo
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 04:39
Sounds like a plan!

And it does make the most sense for Morwen to have been hired away from his previous employer.....Maigurrus has the money and power. And Morwen knew because of Maigurrus' reputation that it was in his best interest to become Magurrius' man....

And of course He wouldn't have been invited or seen at the mansion before....duh! Stupid me..... He just knew this time that the information was too valuable to wait...........
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 05:09
OOOOOOH! Such great ideas you guys have! I can't wait to see how they 'play out'! heehee!!!

And, Gwen's now REALLY excited about the elves and has plenty to think about.

Hmmm - now the question is, how will she 'figure in' on all of this - not to mention Olvan... :dizzy:

[Edited on 9/3/2004 by Beleg_Strongbow]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email