Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
Post Middle Earth Poker Club (free to all)
on: February 13, 2004 12:42
Read This First

The Middle Earth Poker Club is a game where you actually play poker as a character of your choosing. But you don't have to play poker to join this thread, you can treat this as a pub as well. The following is for poker players.

Requirements:
1: you must have a deck of cards
2: you must keep track of the money you bet with (come in with a certain amount and add or subtract your wins and losses as we go.)
3: no cheating, this is a game based on the honor system

To Play:
Shuffle your deck before every hand and draw five cards.
After betting is over draw desired amount of cards(limit of 3).
When all players are done drawing post your hand.
The winner adds the pot to his/her money.
You are allowed to fold at any time.

Betting:
The anty(bet you place in order to participate in a hand) will be 1 gold coin. After dealer distributes cards betting begins. When betting ends drawing begins. There is no betting after drawing. There is no maximum bet, however, you can not bet so high that another player does not have enough money to meet your bet.

I encourage you to talk to the other players while you play but try not to get too long winded.

Ok lets begin!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thalianost set up the table and chairs in preperation for the game. He was not sure who would show up but he hoped he would attract enough people to get a fun game going. He sat down at a chair and set down his money pouch. He only had 50 coins but he hoped to improve on that number as the night progressed.

[Edited on 14/2/2004 by Gilraen]
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Middle Earth Poker Club (free to all)
on: February 13, 2004 04:22
(ooc Hey thalianost, u are showing up everywhere...bag of chips and my sisters thread the pursuit. i dont play poker but il drop ina nd lighten things up once in a while)

A distracted looking elf came into the pub. He had shaggy hair that continuosly got in his eyes and a tendency to not pay attention to anyone or anything. He had subconsciously created a strategy the other day to ignore people more effectively than ever before, which was that he utterly forgot his name. He offhandedly ordered a drink and sat down at the first chair he came to next to Thalianost. His memory was no better than his attention skills but he thought he remembered him.
(ooc: sry if this starts getting in the way of poker il leave)

[Edited on 14/2/2004 by CarolP]
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Middle Earth Poker Club (free to all)
on: February 15, 2004 12:03
Thalianost hands the stranger a mug of beer. "Welcome, friend help yourself to the snacks on the counter over there. There's plenty for all."

(ooc: you don't need to play poker to participate here)

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by eldir]
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email