Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
Post To Defy Centuries of Tradition for Love and a Child
on: February 14, 2004 05:46
ooc-this takes place in Ancient Rome, under the rule of Augustus Caesar a.k.a. Octavian, I am well educated on the era, if u have questions, don't hesitate to ask but do remember this storyline is fake and some of this is not factual, but just be true to the era and no magic if it can be avoided, as magic was unheard of besides in myths at this time this is free have fun!!!

Caesar wasn't an evil man, just a strict ruler. Just the year previous, Antony had committed suicide due to Octavian. Octavian was then 27 and handsome as ever. Women watched happily as Caesar was carried down the streets of Rome to the palace. His servant, Aretha, walked beside him. She was beautiful to any man's eye, especially Octavian's. Her hair was long, blonde, and magnificent. Her eyes were the prettiest blue in all the world. her skin was fair and flawless. Her body was curved and perfect to any man's standards. On this day, she wore a pale green dress that hung to her knees. her sash was golden, as were her sandals.
Octavian was yet to marry again after the death of his wife Eleana three years before. Yet, Octavian was in love with Aretha and she was months pregnant with his first child. She hid it well, as she was not showing yet. But he knew and he planned to marry her as soon as they got settled in the Palace again. But for a caesar to marry a servant, was to defy centuries of tradition.

They reached the palace and reclined the rest of the day in the beautiful parlor. Soon, they were greeted by Gladius, a prominent senator.

ooc-anyone can be Galdius and you can come bearing any news you wish you can be anyone else as well, a servant or friend of Octavian or Aretha or you be senators or lords or whatever have fun! i've got Aretha and Octavian

[Edited on 15/2/2004 by CarolP]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: To Defy Centuries of Tradition for Love and a Child
on: February 15, 2004 03:18
please join it someone lol

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by CarolP]
Celestian
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 05:30
The ceasar entering, the senator bowed his head and greeted Octavian.

"I've been sent sorrowful knews, my lord," he said. "A rebellion has occured in Egypt you work so hard to keep in obedience. They have thrown down the leader you chose for them and mass protests are spreading faster than fire. Army leaders know not thy will, lord, and hesitate to react. What will you have them do?" Gladius shrank smaller for a moment as he acknowledged how hasty he had undoubtedly appeared. And probably not honoured Ceasar enough. His Roman dignity soon returned, however.

Behind the Senator's back stood a young girl, not more than 19 summers old. She was not beautiful in the common sense of the word and her shortish golden red curly hair spoke of both her state and origin - she was a Greek slave, probably not long since in Galadius's posession, as she seemed timid and lowered her eyes when Aretha cast her a slightly curious glance. Aretha! The girl blushed. She would recognize that face everywhere!
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 06:00
((Can I join in as an Egyptian when (if) you go to Egypt?))
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 11:20
ooc-yeh! definately! anyone can join! if u want, u can post now and be like the ruler or his slave and tell your side of things, as Egypt it unaware that the whole Roman army is preparing to massacre them

Aretha whispered in Octavian's ear and then he shook his head. Aretha took the slave's hand and guided her out of the room. Aretha hugged the girl and said, "Tell me news of home! Please, tell me how my dear family is! Have they bought their freedom yet?"

The slave hung her head, and without words, Aretha knew what had happened. Aretha was born to a Greek family under the name of Venus, after the goddess. When she was five, Macadonians captured her family and named them slaves. But her mother had a certain friend in Rome that took the young girl and smuggled her to Rome and raised her as a maid in her house. When Aretha was fifteen, it was suggested she work for the caesar and so she did.
The girl she talked too now had been a dear friend of hers, before she left Greece. Aretha had spent many nights wondering if her family had been spared during the bloodbath the Macadonians reigned on Greeks, now she knew the truth.:love:

~Meanwhile~

Octavian spoke defiantly to Gladius, "Not only will my best troops go to Egypt, but I will go to Egypt as well. The Egyptians have taken too much from me, not only did they kill my men, but my wife Eleana. And I refuse to let them do that again!"

Gladius seemed shocked, as Octavian had no wife or even mistress, that was known of. Octavian replied, "When we conquer Egypt, I will marry my love in their beautiful land and they will watch as their new leader takes her hand."

Gladius said, "Then it is best we leave soon, my lord."

"Yes," he said, "We leave tonight. Pack Gladius, and ready your slave for desert hell."

[Edited on 18/2/2004 by CarolP]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 04:33
((I don’t think this guy is gonna have a prof. He’ll just grow with the story. Hope you don’t mind.))
Metankh kneeled in the sand before a temple the Romans had built, and washed himself in the scented water and oils set before the court. Beneath his black wig his head was shaven, as was his face. He wore a skirt of fine cotton dyed in blue and yellow, and gold bracelets adorned his dark arms. He was a strong young man, no older than 21, and already a favored servant. His master, a rich merchant from Rome named Augustus, had ordered Metankh there to ask that he be blessed with a child. Such an occurrence was highly unlikely, as Augustus was nearing forty years old. The wife in question, however, was only nineteen. The idea was loathsome to Metankh, and pitied her. After two hours of long, pointless rituals, Metankh went back out into the desert and began the journey to his home.
He turned for a moment to look back, and saw the pyramids dominating the hot sands. The Roman temple paled in comparison, no matter how many precious metals and jewels it sparkled with. Nothing like the pyramids would ever again be built in Egypt, because the Romans had taken away the Pharaohs and replaced them with dull foreigners who cared nothing for the Black Land. His grandfather had taught him about how things used to be in Egypt, when it was an independent empire and the rulers were intelligent people who cared about those below them. But even his grandfather was not old enough to remember those days, and had heard such stories from his grandfather. It was well known that unrest had been growing, and that a rebellion was being organized, but Metankh didn’t dare join it. He had gone to Rome once with Augustus and seen the Romans. They were stronger than the Egyptians, that was why they had conquered so many nations. It was said that they had already discovered the ends of the earth, and that there was nothing more to rule.
The walk home was long, and when Metankh reached the large home the sun had already set. He doubted he would have the strength to reach his bed, but somehow he did. He did not get undressed, only threw his wig onto the table beside his bed and went instantly to sleep.

[Edited on 19/2/2004 by eldir]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 11:46
ooc-yeh! join up and G-G-of-London, Augustus is only 27, it says that in the first post lol, so u dont have to feel bad or whatever i just wanted to let u kno, so you could edit it if you wanted

Gladius, Augustus, Aretha, and the greek slave ((no name yet lol)) rode to Egypt. As they reached it, two days later, Metankh, the emperor's slave, met them at the outskirts of the royal city. He seemed fearful that they would overthrow his beloved home. He looked longingly at Aretha, as all men did, and knew she was the one with child.

[Edited on 20/2/2004 by CarolP]
Celestian
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 05:30
(sorry for disappearing! I was actually thinking that Aretha and Thanais might have known each other at the age of 15-18 or something like that, not when they were 5. Umm, and, most probably, Aretha's name was Afrodis not Venus.)

Thanais had gone to Egypt at Gladius' will. He was not that bad a master, he treated her well enough and didn't forget that she was a human after all. But the journey itself had been hell. All day from sun rise to set, she was supposed to keep her temper, to ignore her memories and try and be nice to Aretha. When the journey seemed to end soon and the company reached Alexandria (I guess, that was the capital at the time), she saw a slave approaching and greeting the emperor. And saw how he looked at Aretha.
"Please, not another one," she groaned. Oh, how she hated it! As said, Thanais was not really beutiful, in fact her hair was all she could have been proud of, but - slaves never had the right to grow long hair. It was simply insensible. Grr, and men always looked at Aretha! Always had! Thanais wasn't black-hearted or self-centered but yes, right now she was envious and jealous. A normal thing to happen. And a woman's jealosy couild be a powerful weapon, when used wisely.

They followed Metankh into the city. He lead them through narrow streets, ruinous areas and half-secret passages. The situation in the capital, the public opinion was hard to control, and they hadn't brought enough guards with them because the emperor wanted to travel fast and incognito. Now they could be attacked, there were many who craved for the throne of Roman Empire...

Horse-shoes thudded on the flagstone on and on. Thanais was coming the last, as she was angry and tired. The area seemed literally extinct. Where was everybody? Ah, there was one. A face lurking in the shadow between two buildings. Then a loud whistle echoed painfully loud down the narrow street. The horses became nervous and a careless guard fell out of his saddle.

(Gil-Galad of Lindon, free to take us hostages! )

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by Celestian]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 06:24
(( hey folks! my character, Aldara is in the db))

Aldara drifted through the streets of Alexandria, relishing the thought of being home. She'd spent the last four months in the desert, coming from the city of Raphia in the Sanai, then on to Pelusium, and had just resently crossed the Nile Delta to Alexandria.
The Moorish beauty drifted through the bustling crowd, pausing at several stands when the owners beckoned. She conversed with the merchants in Hebrew, Aramaic, Egyptian or Greek, speeking graciously to them in their native tongues. She admired the goods, but bought nothing. As she walked, her dark robes billowed delicately. The veil that was drawn across her nose was almost sheer, so that one could see shadows of the delicate features underneath and nothing more. Her dark eyes wandered, occassionally drifting over her shoulder to catch sight of her gaurdian.
Her gaurdian was an Arab medjai, a strong man with dark skin and black hair. His rainment was black and he carried a sword at his side. His name was Ardeth Bey.
Aldara had requested that he follow at a discreet distance allowing her to enjoy herself so he did. No one guessed that she was being gaurded.
Aldara looked about and a flash of red and white caught her eye. A senator's robes. She watched the party of Romans curiously as they hurried through the streets. She noted a Greek slave among them and a young Egyptian man leading them. She was curious why the Romans were here and with a slight flick of her wrist she motioned for Ardeth to follow her. Weaving through the crowd, she ducked into the alleyway after them.

[Edited on 2/21/2004 by Vanimacar]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 08:12
ooc-Celestian, I am sorry about that, I did not know what you intended and Venus was just a name that popped in my head, so that's what I'm gonna keep it, if that's okay with you alright? I hope you are not angry with me, pm me if you need to, once again, i hope u are not angry

The Roman party made their way carefully through the Egyptian streets. Aretha turned around often, feeling as if she were watched. Metankh led them to the palace, where the Pharoah gave them a warm and royal welcome, not knowing what they came for. The Pharoah was Morinth, nephew of Cleopatra, who had killed herself about a year ago. Morinth gave thme places to stay in his home and food to fill their bellies, but never did he think anything more than an alliance was to result. However, the whole Roman Empire was stationed in the desert just half a day's walk from the city.

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by CarolP]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 09:24
((Actually, the Agustus I mentioned was a completely different guy. That was just the only Roman name I could think of at the moment. But that's okay, I can go with the flow. ))
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 10:47
ooc-coolies!

Aretha slept alone that night. Augustus had asked that she be treated like a queen and given her own chambers. Morinth did not question him and so Aretha was alone in her large chambers. She had not been alone since she was seventeen years old, she had been in Augustus' arms everynight since then.
She awoke in the night to hear a voice outside her window. it was a girl, talking to a figure who was telling her it was time for her to head home. She told him she knew something was going on with the Romans and asked him to help her find out. The figure then came from the darkness and made Aretha gasp. He was a Moor, his skin was dark as night. Stories of Moors and their evil power terrified Aretha so much she almost fell from her window. She caught herself in time, but the two people looked up at her, in shock.

ooc-Vanimacar, I thought I'd add your character in and so they you are, feel free to do whatever and thanks for joining up
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 11:33
(( thanx!))

Aldara exchanged glances with Ardeth and he took her by the arm in an effort to lead her away before they were caught by the gaurds. But Aldara's sharp look caused him to release her. Then she turned to the window. "Are you alright?" she whispered in Latin, "Forgive me, I did not mean to frighten you." she said earnestly. She looked up at the golden haired woman, waiting for some positive response.

[Edited on 2/22/2004 by Vanimacar]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 01:17
Aretha smiled and answered, "I am fine, thank you."
Aretha saw a marking on the arm of the woman. Legend had it that Moorish doctors had markings on them and Aretha needed a doctor soon. She was with child and it was her first and she had no idea what to do.
She asked, "Please, one second, will you wait for me to come down?"
Aretha ran quietly through the palace and reached the man and woman within a few minutes. She said, "You are Moors, I can tell. Meaning you are Muslim and Muslims are known for their knowledge of medicine. Tell me, are either of you a doctor?"
She pointed to the markings on the woman's arm, "Does that mean your a doctor? I need your help, if so."

ooc-u can be a doctor if u wanna

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by eldir]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 12:54
(( and if I don't? Hope that's ok...))

Aldara started a bit, realizing that the shoulder of her robe had slipped down to reveal the scarab on her arm. Hastily, the girl tossed the train of her veil over her shoulder to hide it. Recovering her dignity, Aldara was glad for the veil that hid her expression. "That is another matter," she said, the Latin now coming more fluidly from her mouth as if it were her native language, " and I am sorry to say neither of us is a physician. But their are many Greeks here in fair Alexandria, and they too are skilled in medicine. I would be more than willing to fetch you one, if only you promise not to reveal us to the gaurds. We mean no mischief against Rome. Please, I must speak with your guide, Metankh, the Egyptian. I have pressing matters to speak with him about."

(( and Gynneva, it would only be normal to assume that Ardeth is Aldara's husband (though that isn't true) because of her age and rules of Muslim society, one being woman wouldn't travel alone with men that weren't their husbands))
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 04:55
ooc-ok cool

Aretha smiled, knowing it was a lot to assume. She then said, "I'm sorry, sir. I am sure you and your wife wish to go home to your life. But, if you'll allow your wife, I would much enjoy her to visit me tomorrow, if you allow if of course."

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by eldir]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 09:57
Aldara was taken back. Color rose in her cheeks and again she was glad for the veil she had to hide behind. Ardeth shifted restlessly and cleared his throat. For the first time, Aretha saw him as less forbidding, marking the twinkle of amusement in his eyes.
"I am not her husband, my lady." said Ardeth in a deep fluid voice, "but I am her protector. I am grateful for your offer of companionship, but I doubt that a Roman senator would entertain a Moor in his company as anything more than a slave or a thrall and this ya-bint-al-hawa is neither of those."

ooc- "ya bint al hawa" means "daughter of the wind" it is a title of endearment
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 04:41
Aretha shook her head and said, "Well, Augustus would allow me to speak to whomever I wish to and so if you wish, the offer stands, if not then perhaps we will meet again. I hope to see you tommorrow."
She smiled and then headed back to bed and went to sleep.

ooc-lalallalalalala

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by eldir]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 01:11
Metankh wandered the grounds after helping his grandfather into bed and listening to his stories. He was not very tired, and hated being idle. In his wanderings he stumbled upon what seemed to be a Moorish couple standing outside a servant's window.
"Excuse me, but what is your business here?" he asked them formally, almost accusingly.

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by eldir]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 04:33
Metankh surprised Aretha and she jumped at his words. Before they spoke, she said, "Oh, I was just asking if either were doctors. I needed to consult one, that's all. They're doing nothing wrong, nothing wrong at all."

[Edited on 27/2/2004 by eldir]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 05:09
Aldara nodded graciously as she and Ardeth took their leave. But as soon as Aretha was out of sight and back inside, Aldara doubled back to where Metankh was still standing in the courtyard.
She returned alone, drifting to him, barely visible in the dark. She came to stand under a torch-light and stood watching him intently. The torchlight glittered off the delicate ornaments she wore and it wasn't long before Metankh spotted her.
"Greetings, bin-nil. " she said, moving closer. She stood inches from him now. Now that they stood facing each other in the night and she could see his face clearly, Aldara felt sure she knew this man. Yes, it is he, the one I'm looking for...

**"bin-nil" means "son of the Nile"
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 09:28
Metankh watched as the woman walked up to him. Her gait and stance was familiar to him, but he couldn't place a name or face. It must have been a very long time ago, and a brief meeting. She spoke, and her voice was also familiar. He cocked his head to the side and thought; the fire in her eyes was the final piece of the puzzle. He always remembered a person's eyes, if not the face.
"Aldara?" he questioned, finding it unlikely that he would meet her again here.
They had been with the lions once together, and an event like that, where teamwork is necessary for survival, creates quick and strong friendships. He had thought he would never see her again.
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 10:07
Aldara smiled, relief sweeping over her. Her dark eyes sparkled, betraying her feelings. "It has been far too long, Metankh. I see that fate has dealt us different paths, though I never expected to be led back to you." Her voice was delicate, like her features and filled with wonder. Long has been the road that led me here. I have many urgent things to speak about..." she paused, "but not here."

[Edited on 28/2/2004 by CarolP]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 11:14
"I have a small room, if that is private enough for you," Metankh said. He looked over shoulder and noticed her guard as if for the first time. "Your companion is welcome also. Come, follow me."
He turned slowly around and led them down a long hallway. The home was of distinctly Egyptian design, adapted for the desert weather, but Roman statues lined the walls. Finally he led them into a room, large enough for a hard bed, Lybian desk, and comfortable space for all of them. He pulled the chair out from under the desk and motioned for Aldara to sit.
"I'm sorry I don't have something more comfortable. You may sit on the bed if you wish."
He took his own advice and sat down on the low frame.
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 01:40
Aldara looked around the room skeptically. She thought that the floor would suit her better, but decided on manners and seated herself on the chair with a grateful smile. Ardeth stood in the corner, his hands clasped in front of him. Aldara beckoned him to sit, but he was motionless, so she turned to Metankh.
"I do not know why the Roman's have come here, Metankh, but maybe I have guessed it. Not a day ago I saw a Roman army massing at Naucratis. They had all been ferried down river by nightfall that day. Surely, they must be outside Alexandria by now, westward, in the desert. I feared I would not make it here in time, but Sabiha bore me here swiftly or else the Roman's met some obstacle. Know you anything of the Roman's business here? I fear they mean ill for Alexandria."
There was anxiety in the maid's voice and fear in her eyes as she spoke. There was a note too of some fear she did not make known, some horror she had witnessed but spoke not of. She looked imploringly at Metankh for a moment, then down at her hands that lay clasped in her lap. Something flashed brilliantly in the half light, then dimmed to roll down the curve of her hand: a tear.
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 02:09
Metankh was unsure what to say. He knew why the Romans were here, that much was obvious. The rebels had begun organized, albeit small, attacks, but he did not know what had so disturbed Aldara.
"I know why the Romans are here," he told her gently, "to quash the rebellion. But why are you crying? What have you seen?"

[Edited on 29/2/2004 by Gilraen]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 12:10
"Perhaps that is what they told you," she said in a tearful voice, still ashamed to look up. "But when did repressing rebelion involve the slaying of children?! They've killed everyone in their path, Metankh. The barbarian's spare no one. They mean to destroy Alexandria, or else they have made a sport of murder." Aldara fell silent, tears streaming down her cheeks. In the uncomfortable silence that followed, Metankh was left to ponder the girl's words.
Suddenly the veiled maiden rose from her seat and started out of the room. She spun on the her heels to face Metankh. "I am sorry, I should never have come here. I have endangered you needlessly. Forgive me!" with that she fled the room, flying swiftly down the hall in the dark. Her medjai gaurdian was up instantly to spring after her, but stopped at the door, his hand on the hilt of his sword. He called after her in a harsh whisper but she vanished in the dark. Ardeth looked over his shoulder at Metankh and for the first time seemed less imposing and more bewildered, terrified even.

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 01:16
Metankh only stared dumbfounded at Aldara as she stood and walked away. He rested his head in his hand for a moment, and then suddenly stood. It was not sudden or bold, but timid and almost forced. He knew there was no way to defeat the Roman army, even if there were enough rebels trained to fight. They were more advanced in weaponry and more skilled in battle; the product of a machine. And yet he knew that he could not stand by while so many people were being slaughtered. If he could, he would stand alone against the entire army, but he couldn't. There was no way for him to escape the house, and his heart had been trained for too many years as a servant to make such bold actions against his master. Honestly, he had no idea what he could do; he only knew that he had to do something. So he stood there, imagined images of dying mothers flashing in his mind, looking up at Aldara.
"What am I supposed to do?" was the only thing he could think to say to her.
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 11:03
Aldara knew not what to say, but if she had, it would have made no difference. She was ashamed for weeping in front of this man, her friend, ashamed too to be without answer and purpose.
What could he do? Why had she come here? what had she expected?
The questions reeled in her head and she slumped against the wall of brightly painted plaster and marble. The marble felt cold, even through the layers of fabric. Aldara slid down and sat huddled on the floor: a pool of fabric with dark and tearful eyes.
Meskhenet....the name meant "destiny"....her name...how ironic.
"Is this my destiny?!" she cried thinking aloud, "to sit by helplessly while the innocent fall? I would rather have died with the lions!"

[Edited on 3/2/2004 by Vanimacar]

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by Gilraen]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 03:30
For a moment Metankh stood, watching and listening to Aldara's sobs. He was startled by this, that such a strong woman would break down so easily. But at her words he regained his faculties and walked over to Aldara. He crouched next to her and placed a hesitant arm around her shoulders.
"No," he whispered kindly, "Every life has its purpose, and yours is no different. Caesar is here, in this house. We may kill him, with planning. If you help me."
He looked into her eyes, searching for the courage to support his bold words.

[Edited on 4/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 03:55
Aldara pondered the thought. She was no murderer, but she did hate that Roman. "Death is far to swift an ending for that man." she said bitterly. "And what would it solve? Caesar sleeps in a palace, far from battle. It is his legions that have inocent blood on their hands." She paused and climbed to her feet."But we must do something...."
Ardeth appeared around the corner and strolled calmly up to them, saying nothing.
"Yes, Metankh, you have my aid. I will do what you need me to do." said the young woman resolutely.
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 07:06
Aretha slept well that night. And awoke in the morning to find Augustus sitting at the foot of her bed. He turned to look at her and said, "We must meet my army today and then we ride into battle. You and the greek slave, Thanais, will stay with Metankh. A Muslim doctor will be sent to stay with you until the child is born."

Aretha moved so that she was inches from his face, "Our child deserves a father, don't you dare die in that battle. Promise me."

"I promise you, my love. And when we win, I still swear to make you my bride." said Augustus happily.

Aretha leaned in and kissed Augustus and then he stood to leave. He and Gladius rode into the desert, where they would be protected with their army.

Thanais and Aretha were lead to the home of Metankh. Metankh met them at the door, he seemed anything but pleased that the Roman and Greek women were to stay with him via orders from his masters.
He showed them to a small room they had to share and then said to Aretha, "A doctor will be here tomorrow morning, as you've been told."

[Edited on 7/3/2004 by Gynneva]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 09:50
Metankh nodded gratefully to Aldara. He said goodnight and slipped back into his room to sleep for the night. The next morning a messenger came, along with Thanais and Aretha, to tell him that the two girls were to stay. At first he resented it, but a plan slowly dawned upon him.
He quickly showed the girls to their single room and departed with only the words, "A doctor will be here tomorrow morning, as you've been told."
Then he raced down the halls to where he had offered Aldara to stay the night. Luckily she had accepted, or Metankh would have had to make up an excuse to leave the house so he could go and search for her. As it was he rapidly knocked upon the door, a bit breathless though his house was small.
"Aldara, may I come in?" he asked before anyone answered the knock, "I have something to discuss with you, concerning last night."
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 10:04
Seconds later, the door to Aldara's room swung open. The woman who stood before Metankh could hardly recognized. Her bedouine trappings had been removed, veil and all and replaced by a sleeveless gown of fine linen, made in the Greek style. Gold armbands adorned her limbs and a rope of pearls hung around her neck. The woman smiled at Metankh, her dark eyes sparkling and beckoned him to enter. The Egyptian looked startled and she smiled gently. "Metankh, what's the matter? It's me, Ald-....Meskhenet." she said, giving her Egyptian name, hoping that would reassure him.

[Edited on 8/3/2004 by ithillinde]

[Edited on 3/10/2004 by Vanimacar]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 04:55
(( anybody there????))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email