Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post Vampire Chronicles : Interview with the Vampire (PM to Join!)
on: February 15, 2004 03:28
ooc: This will be a re-enactment of the events told in Anne Rice's novel, Interview with the Vampire including instances and characters not necessarliy mentioned in the book.

I made it PM to join because I want to have some control over the type of chars in the thread. We need first people willing to play chars from the book, but you are also allowed to enter your own original char AS LONG AS it is approved by me, CelienArwen.

I WILL NOT accept 'Mary-sue' type vampires or mortals entering just for the purpose of being a victim. I don't want any vampires that will drastically alter the events of the story...so no random creations of Lestat, Louis, or Armand. although I will allow vampires to encounter Lestat, Louis, and/or Claudia in the New World even though they don't in the book. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I will respond.

Here is a list of the book chars I would like to have played. Ones with names by them have already been claimed.

Lestat: CelienArwen
Louis: Durins_Bane
Claudia: Saervaineth
Armand: sil_marien
Santiago:
Madeline: Elwethien
Other vampires from the Paris Theater:

We are playing according to the movie version, so please keep that in mind. Thanks!

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by CarolP]

[Edited on 19/2/2004 by CelienArwen]
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Vampire Chronicles : Interview with the Vampire (PM to Join!)
on: February 15, 2004 04:16
ooc: Forgive me if I totally destroy the geography of New Orleans. I will try to be accurate.

ic: It was a sultry New Orleans night. The vampire Lestat strolled down the crowded length of Canal Street. He reveled in the sight and smell of delicious mortals going in and out of the taverns and inns. The night was young, and the thirst burned in him. They were all victims, the mortals surrounding him, drunken men stumbling past nearly knocking into him, the ladies of the night flaunting themselves, the pimps that follwed them, all could fall prey to the thirst.

Saervaineth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 07:12
(ooc: Good, and so it begins, can't wait 'till Louis finds me and I am made. YAY,you're a RP-mistress now *LOL)

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by eldir]
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 08:24
ooc: Saer you crack me up.

ic: Tonight had begun like any other. Lestat had awoken at sundown. It's last rays were dissapering from the sky, throwing very little light on the walls of his hotel room. Lestat was restless and hungry. The city awaited and he wanted it, to drink it's life as he drank blood, to possess it's soul.

He wanted something else to, a companion. Because though he could do very well as the 'Lone Predator,' this great loneliness was suffocating. His mind drifted back to Gabrielle, Marius.....Nicki. No, he could not think of them. That life was over, for what it was worth, and he was about to embark on his 'one lifetime.'

As he walked the streets of New Orleans, he was looking for someone. For weeks he had watched him, wandering from tavern to tavern. He wanted death, this mortal. Lestat knew that, but planned to give him so much more.

It was near the harbor where he finally found him, the beautiful black-haired, green-eyed mortal known as Louis. He was drunk, leaning on the woman he had bought. Lestat stood for a second, mearly watching him, absorbed in his movements, the pulse of his heart, the scent of his blood, the murmer of his thoughts, then he struck. Moving too fast for human eyes to see, Lestat broke the prostitute's neck and took Louis into his arms. Sinking his teeth into his neck, Lestat absorbed every sensation from this drink, prolonging it, until he knew he had to let go or Louis would die. They were floating high above the docks when the vampire released him. Louis fell to the ground. Lestat found the ground also, his feet hitting the wooden docks without a sound.

"We will meet again, Louis." he whispered.

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by CelienArwen]

[Edited on 18/2/2004 by CelienArwen]
Durins_Bane
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 09:46
Louis lay on the shore for what seemed to be an eternity. The cold tide rushed over him waking him from his dream. Was he dreaming? He strained to remember what happened to him, how he came to be here, lying on the wet shore. He struggled to his feet and stumbled toward his home. His legs grew heavier with each step. He felt drained of all energy. Pictures flashed in his head, fragments of memories. He remembered a man, his wild blond hair flowing around his face. Who was he? He reached his grand house, the entrance lined with tall oaks on each side, the high branches curling and entwining like fingers from great hands that shaded the way. At last he collapsed in his bed. He would think of the man with the wild hair no more. He drifted into a deep and welcomed sleep.

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by CarolP]
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 04:35
Lestat spent the remainder of the night prowling Canal Street, taking two more victims before morning. His mind was on Louis the whole time, however.

Sundown the next night he was on his way to Louis' plantation south of the city, Point du Lac. Lestat breathed deeply that particular scent that is New Orleans: smell of flowers, green plants, the swamps threatening to reclaim the road from the transient mortals who dared try to tame it. Slowly the grand plantation appeared out of the dark. Lestat could sense all of the mortals in the house....only Louis and a couple of slaves. Perfect.

When he reached the house, Lestat dismounted, sternly commanding his horse not to run off. He knew immediately where the room was that Louis occupied. Not bothering with the door, Lestat circled the house until he saw Louis' bedroom window and lept onto the balcony. Passing through the unlocked glass windows, Lestat stood next to the bed where the mortal slept.

"Louis," he said gently. "I've come to answer your prayers."

[Edited on 18/2/2004 by CarolP]
Durins_Bane
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 09:15
Louis sat up in his bed. He was startled by the vampire. "Who are you!" He rubbed his eyes and the memory of the night before came back to him. He remembered who this stranger was. "Why are you here, and what do you mean you have come to answer my prayers? What do you know of my prayers?" He watched Lestat walk around his bed. He was afraid, yet intrigued. He had never seen a creature quite like him. He had a certain radiance about him.

"I demand to know why you are here, sir!"

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by Gilraen]
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 06:00
Lestat watched Louis with amusement. Such strength and fire in this mortal, and such beauty. Every gesture, every movement was powerfully attractive. Yes he wanted this one.

'What do I know of your prayers?" he answered him his most calming mesmorizing voice. "I know all about you. I am here to offer you a choice. You hate this life, don't you? You wish it would end, the pain, the suffering. But what if death wasn't the only way? I could give you a life. One you could never imagine. But I must know, do you want it?"

[Edited on 4/3/2004 by ithillinde]

[Edited on 7/3/2004 by CelienArwen]
Elwethien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 04:07
(ooc: I made a bunch of avatars for the players of this game, just in case anyone is interested. They can be found in the general pool, just do a search for vampire or the name of your character.)

[Edited on 16/3/2004 by Elwethien]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email