Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post Faramir Action Figure!!!
on: February 17, 2004 03:27
Okay- I hope this is the right place to post this question. I am a devoted Faramir :love: fan and have been trying to find the Two Towers action figure by Toy Biz. *blushes* I have no life and acctualy spent several hours going through EVERY link google pulled up. (and that is a LOT!)

All of the Faramir ones I could find were either sold out (and when I asked, would NOT be getting any in future) or going for prices over $50.00. I check ebay every day but am having no luck. Any ideas? I really hate to spend that much on an action figure so before I hand over the $$ I thought I'd check here!
Nichole
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Faramir Action Figure!!!
on: February 17, 2004 07:58
Hello. I looked up Faramir on ebay and found a bunch of Faramir action figures that you can buy. The cheepes one is $12.95 at buy now price. Here's a link.

click here

Good Luck to you.

[Edited on 2/19/04 by Parmadur]
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 10:37
Depends on what you're willing to settle for.
You can either hunt down the first ranger Faramir, he has a bow, 5 arrows, quiver, sword, scabbard, sword-slashing action
Or you can wait for about a month and buy the new ROTK Armoured Faramir, he has a sword, scabbard, sword-slashing action and helmet
Krazi4Kirby
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 07:46
Sounds like you're in a difficult situation. I'd say, don't buy any of them. Just forget about Faramir. And please don't hurt me for saying that!
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 07:50
Oh suilad "Dearest Krazi"!!

Sounds just like you! You just want me to forget Faramir just cause you like him lol. What kind of advice is this to give a friend?? lol.

Acctually, I saw the ROTK Faramir on e-bay but what I'm really looking for is the TTT version of him in his ranger garb. Perhaps there isn't one to be found, I dunno. But I'll never give up!

And yes Krazi, just remember that tonight you are at my mercy and I do happen to have a sharpened dagger in my room! just a friendly reminder!

[Edited on 22/2/2004 by Angloth]
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 05:31
I'm pretty sure that you can buy the Faramir action figure in the ranger outfit for $13.99 at lordotringsshop.com
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 02:19
Actually I already checked the lordotringsshop.com. Yes, I saw the link to order the TTT faramir figure for 13.99. However when I clicked the "order now" button, it pulled up saying that that product was no longer available.
Krazi4Kirby
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 06:10
Actually I already checked the lordotringsshop.com. Yes, I saw the link to order the TTT faramir figure for 13.99. However when I clicked the "order now" button, it pulled up saying that that product was no longer available

Know what's funny? I did the very same thing... lol.

You may just end up having to pay lots of money for one, ya know? *sigh* why must it be that way?
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 06:16
Thats just evil sick and demented. *sighs at the thought of shelling out her precious cash* I guess that's just the way it will have to be. *hisses*
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 08:30
Go down to KB Toys. The Ranger Faramir has been re-distributed at $4.99. The date stamp reads 04 too so this probably won't be a one-off.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 12:08
Really? Sweetness! *races to phonebook and looks for nearest KB Toys* I hope they have it over here!
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 01:54
Check this out for more details! Oh and they're now the cheaper price of the small boxed figures, yet they still have the big rounded boxes.
http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8915&page=1
Aislynn_of_Osgiliath
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 11:11
Now... here I've read all the way to the bottom of the page and you've left me in suspense! Well, Macilwen, did you ever find your Faramir? Hope so. I know the anguish of "Wanting A Certain LotR Figure You Just Can't Find!" Good luck!
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2004 03:33
lol.

I exhausted the phonebook, called all the companies that might POSSIBLY retail the LOTR figures and inquired about him. In every case, I was told that they were either not going to recieve that paticular Faramir or that they were not going to stock ANY more of the LOTR figures. :cry: Life's not fair! Even my KB Toys wasn't going to carry them.

So I got desperate and ended up shelling out the money for one on e-bay...ended up paying about 20 bucks..but i suppose for Faramir it's worth it! I'm sure I got ripped off, but I just couldn't wait any longer! lol!!
Aislynn_of_Osgiliath
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2004 09:45
I know exactly what you mean. Faramir is worth it, big time! Sorry you didn't find a good deal but it puts my mind at ease to know at least you've got him on his way to you! :heart:

'Cause, you know, I was feeling a little guilty because I *do* have this particular figure! I got him waaay back right before Two Towers came out and it was a total impulse buy because I didn't know yet if I was going to like Faramir (was I crazy? :dizzy: ). But I was a Boromir fan and I figured he'd want his brother to "hang out with" on my shelf! Then, after seeing Two Towers, I was sooo glad I'd gone with the impulse!

But I feel better now, knowing that Two Towers Faramir will be hanging out on *your* shelf, too! Yay! I love a happy ending! :love:

~Aislynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2004 11:49
Just posting because I'm totally ecstatic right now! My precious Faramir figure came in today after all this waiting! *squeals and huggles her precious figure*

He's so gorgeous! *drools* :drool::love::heart::drool::love::heart::love::heart:
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 11:51
Hi Rik,

So, what's the story with Faramir? We too are trying to find him from TTT (in the rounded box). Of course you can find him on eBay, but the prices are, well, ridiculous (not just the price of the figure, but then paying a huge shipping charge as well -- UGH)! The ROTK Faramir seems to be easier to find, and cheaper. But my son has his heart set on TTT.

As the "resident expert" on action figures (at least IMHO -- thanks for answering all of my previous queries), I was wondering if you knew why such an important character would be so hard to find.

It's one of those situations where you kick yourself for not buying him in the store long ago when you had the chance, but had no idea what you'd face in the future trying to find him again. Was this a glitch in manufacturing, or a plan? Hmmmm.

Oh, and Rik, thanks for letting us know about Gorbag! My son can't wait for him to come out.

My son has a wish list of six-inch figures in addition to the ones he already has (and TTT Faramir and Gorbag). Any thoughts/comments on these:

Elendil
Isildur
Balrog
Fell Beast
Uruk Hai Berserker
Cirith Ungol Uruk Hai
Catapult Orc (ROTK)
Shelob
King of the Dead
Easterling (ROTK)

Thanks!

presage
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 12:10
Hi Rik,

Just realized that I meant to thank you for info on Gothmog, not Gorbag! Ooops!

presage
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 02:14
I think its gotten to be rare (like with the Easterling and Gondorian Ranger) because all three of these figures were from TTT Series 1, and it basically got to the point where they stopped being stocked in store shelves, leaving loads of Wormtongues and Théodens from Series 2, then when series 3-5 of TTT came out, these figures were just forgotten. But they were never re-released in newer packaging so they remained hard to find. I think most collectors that missed out are just waiting with baited breath for these rare figures to be re-boxed. At least we know that Toy Biz are continuing to make LOTR figures through 2006. They already have all of 2005 mapped out and are currently planning 2006 so I think these three will see store shelves again, be they re-boxed or re-sculpted.
And you're welcome about Gothmog!
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2004 01:15
Hi Rik,

Thanks again for the info. I didn't know the 6-inch Easterling was rare -- glad we have him.

I guess I'll have to break down and pay big bucks for TTT Faramir. What can you do? Waiting for a new release is an option, but try telling that to a 10-year-old!

Regarding the Galadriel/Arwen leg fiasco -- if the company actually fixes the problem, it wouldn't surprise me if the ones that can't stand become great collector items. LOL

presage
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2004 01:18
Hey RIK :rolling: , where do you get all your great info on the figures. YOur always so up to date on them. It's very helpful!
Hobbit86
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 06:21
I bought Faramir at WalMart in 2003 for $7. I don't think he looks like Faramir, though, at all.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2006 11:55
This thread is pretty old. Since the TTT Faramir in Ranger garb was released it's become pretty rare, I understand, and it's price has multiplied several times. I'd never seen them priced below $50.

However, I followed the link in Nichole's thread to eBay and found a seller in Singapore who has them for sale at $25 USD each. I bought one. :blush:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email