Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
WhiteDragonfly
Council Member
Send Message
Post A Question About Fonts
on: April 15, 2004 08:34
Hello! I was just wondering if there was any way for me to download an Elvish font that could be used to type with on Microsoft word. The main reason that I wanted it was so that I could use it for my website. I am clueless on how to do this. If I download it, I would prefer not to have to use Winzip. If there is any other way for me to just use an Elvish font on my website, than please explain that to me. Thank you.

I have no idea why there is a button that says "vote" on here, so I guess ppl should just ignore it.

[Edited on 4/15/2004 by WhiteDragonfly]
Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Question About Fonts
on: April 15, 2004 11:37
The vote button is prolly there because you accidentally pushed "new poll" instead of "new topic".

As to your question, I have no idea. I've tried to download new fonts that are supposed to be for microsoft word, but I can never seem to get them to go to the right folder (seeing as how I don't even know what folder to put them in) and then I they never show up on the font list. I sure would like some help in this area too. Anybody know??

P.s. You know that you can unzip the files right? Or is it that you don't have WinZip?
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 12:44
Well, I have Windows 2000 and to make your fonts work you have to put them into the folder C:\WINNT\Fonts (or at least I think so ). Hope that works and helped you
Saurid
-Yutaka-
··
Beloved\'s Fighter

Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 02:11
Okay. After you've downloaded and unzipped [if necessary] all the fonts you want to install, do this:

Go to Control Panel [Start -> Settings -> Control Panel]. Click on the folder icon that says Fonts. While there, select File -> Install new font. A window will appear where you need to specify the folder where your fonts are sitting. When you have double clicked the folder, a list of fonts found there will appear in that window, in the top box. Click 'Select all' from the right-hand menu, and click okay. This will install the fonts.
WhiteDragonfly
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 02:18
Yes, I tried that and it worked!! Yea!!! Thank you guys!
Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 03:55
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I am so happy!!! :disco: I have been wondering about that forever, and being the computer "geek" (okay, so maybe I just like computer stuff) that I am, it has really bugged me to not be able to do something! dance, dance dance! thanks guys! :disco: :rolling:
Toon
Former Giant Three Headed Dog
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 06:04
Next time you run into a problem like that... I highly recommend just pressing F1 and looking through Windows Help.
WhiteDragonfly
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 08:37
I am creating a website and on the "Your Site" page it is possible to change the font face.

My question is this: There are obviously limited types of fonts to be used. Are the possible fonts determined by the fonts that I have stored on my computer, or the fonts that CoE has available?

:feedback:
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 08:41
They are limited by what fonts are installed on the viewer's computer -- so if you're going to use a funky font that not everyone has, it's wise to list a couple of others after it that are more likely to be on their computers, like so: Tengwar, Arial, Verdana

It will try to do the first font -- if it's not installed on their computer, it will try the next, and so on. If you like, you can include a link to the font download on your page, with a note like "This site was made to be viewed in _______ font, which can be downloaded [here]."
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email