Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sodrius
Council Member
Send Message
Post Veiled Visions.
on: May 11, 2004 01:42
Eons ago, Souls of the Light and the Dark inhabited this plane. Rivalry was fierce, but no real wars broke out.
Until one day.
On a fateful day thousands of years ago, the Dark forces broke out. They began to consume the Light, and it seemed as though the world as was known was doomed.
Desperate, the Arches of Light set up a veil which banished the forces of the Dark back from whence they came.
This became known as: The Realm.

Now the creatures seek to return and find vengance against the forces of Light... and time is running out. The Veil is about to fall... and the only ones that know cannot possibly be believed.
They are fated to meet... but on which side of the battlefield?
Their fate is up to you.

A raven preened itself and tapped against the window as Esra awakened. She had emerged from a restless night, covered in a cold sweat. Her grey eyes dilated as she stared at the bird... it seemed... similar. Familiar somehow.
Her long blonde hair settled unkepmtly atop her shoulders as she stood up, and looked outside.

The night was still thick, and a dew-laden fog seeped through the window.
"I'll never get back to sleep..." she thought, a shiver running up her spine. "I'll just have... that dream again."

She looked at the Raven again, and raced to the window.
She opened it, and looked outside... but the Raven had gone. It was the first sign... She just hoped that it was the right one.
Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Veiled Visions.
on: May 11, 2004 02:11
((kl! I'd love 2 join but havent got time 2 write right now...))
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 09:22
((ooc-looks like a great idea, especi
Màiri woke up. It was not yet day break. She wnet and lit a candle, even though she knew that her father would not approve. She looked outside, it was fog again. She looked into the large mirror, her hair was a mess, and that wans't a good thing with lonmg red hair. Though that was entirely normal. Then she heard a cawing noise outisde, it was a raven sitting on her window still. She turned around to at least try and brush her hair and it disappeared. She now remembered soemthing she was told from her father and her grand-father. it was the sign, she had to ride now and visit Ersa, she would know something about it.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 09:39
Yumi sat with her knees pulled to her chest, her blue eyes staring straight ahead. Her back rested against a large oak tree. A soft breeze blew her short, black hair across her pale face. A voice was echoing in her head. Several voices really.
'Why are you doing this...'
'You're only half demon, you belong to us, the light side!'
'Traitor! I'll kill you, when we meet again, I'll kill you!'
And she was running, running away from him...Rill, his face so clear, so angry, he hated her.

Yumi stood suddenly. 'I'll kill you before you get to me, Rill!' she screamed. Several ravens fluttered out of the tree, scared away by her voice. Yumi looked around in the grey fog, her heart racing. She walked away from that spot, and as she did so, wished she could walk away from her horrible past as easily. 'I didn't do it! I can't decide what my parents did! I didn't chose to be what I am or what side!' she continued yelling to the fog spirits. 'Why do you torment me so?!' Yumi fell to her knees, her hands over her face, not crying, she couldn't cry.
'Yumi...come on, this looks like fun!' Rill's voice continued in her head, every memory she had of him played over and over. It felt like she sat there for an eternity, but it was only a few minutes. Finally, something willed her to get up. And a black raven flew down to her, the only one that hadn't flown away. It landed on her shoulder and Yumi looked at it repulsively.
'Get away from me. I'm not answering your call, last time I did, I lost everything, even my sanity! Please, just kill me if you're going to do anything,' she turned away. But the raven didn't leave, it cried. And it lay it's head on her cheek, transfering one of it's tears. Raven knew she couldn't cry, it was crying for her.

Yumi stood, and followed the Raven to a nearby town. If she hadn't, the half-demon knew she would have been in that fog forever...
Sodrius
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 09:44
Esra hopped out the window, still in her violet evening gown. The chill wind sent a shiver up her spine, but it was bearable.

The moon was but a sliver in the sky, and the only other light was the dim streetlight at the end of the street. Toads congregated around the light, which buzzed slightly as swarms of moths hit it.

She blinked and took a minute to adjust to the minimal light, then began to stride down the street. She knew exactly where to go, as if by instinct.

Each with a different title,
But still more or less the same.
On different sides their spirit rides,
Under the veil of a name.

Esra shuddered, and looked behind her. She felt sure that she had heard something...
"Quiet. I beg of you, please don't hurt me."

She continued to walk, unaware of herself until she finally arrived at her destination.
She was standing at the base of an enourmous oak, at least a century old. The trunk was riddled with graffiti, perfect to use as footholds.

"I apologize, Mana spirit... but I really must climb you."
Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 11:03
The raven caught Tarí's eye, and silently flew ahead, knowing she would follow. Tarí's green eyes did follow, but her legs refused to move- she knew this was a sign.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 12:40
'Huh?' Yumi looked up to see something in a nightgown climbing a tree. She didn't say anything, but instead, hid behind the tree next to her. Using her extra sensitive hearing, Yumi listened to what the person was doing. The raven had left her shoulder a long time ago, but now it returned.
'What?' she whispered to it. It turned it's head to the side. 'That girl? What about her?' The raven made as to fly off, but didn't. 'O I see, you want me to go talk to her,' Yumi stood up straight. 'Fine, but when I get the chance, I'm gone.'
The half-demon girl slowly made her way around the the tree the other girl was climbing. The raven still sat on Yumi's shoulder. She whispered under her breath, and slowly rose up as to be level with the girl.
Sodrius
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 01:25
Esra looked at the newcomer, and her eyes widened in fear.
"I'm not ready yet... I'm only a mortal!"

She scurried the rest of the way up, and hid in a thick patch of leaves. Her lungs seemed to tear apart her ribs with every rasping breath, and she began to sweat.
"Please... go..."
Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 07:47
((soz- i'm quitting this rp...too much on, bi bi))
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 10:01
'Ready for what?' Yumi asked. She stepped onto the tree branch and stood facing the crouching girl. 'I'm not here to hurt you or anything. The raven told me to speak to you.'
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 10:21
((Màiri will be added to the database son, she is an angel from the light side))
Màiri looked up from her horse and there was Ersa, the girl she had only met once and that was years ago. she looked again, there was something about eh person aty the bottom of the tree. Màiri knew at once this creature wasn't human or it was at least part human. It didn't not feel like the other humans she had been around. then again, she and her family had been brought up that way. She had remembered the day her family came to the Earth, how she laughed as she remembered those days. Her father trying to disguise his wings, he was not the most adept at it. Unlike her and her mother, who had disguised their wings easily. She drove her horse faster. She had reached the tree, the poor human was scared, and the part demonn was wondering why. Màiri sighed at the reason she had came to Earth for. The Dark was rasing again and her parents were skilled warriors. As was she, but she had came donw because she was tired of the Light.
She then said to the demon, "What are you doing here? And Ersa, please come down, I will not let anyone harm you. I am angel, and you why do I only feel you are part-demon?"
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 11:22
Yumi looked down toward the voice. Mairi, she knew this angel.
'Mairi, has it been so long you would not recognize a friend. Or have you agreed with the others and refuse to accept me anymore,' she dropped to the ground, landing perfectly upright.
The half-demon didn't think Mairi would be against her, she would understand.
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 06:04
(my caracter is in the database.)

Arella was trying to sleep. She had these wings for only a week, so she wasn't used to them. She doesn't know why she has these blue feathered wings. She just showed up at her fathers doorstep soon after she was born because she wouldn't be safe with her mother. Her fathers a scorcerer, and Arella's powers are already surpassing his, but she has another kind of power... a power she just learned how to use through instinct. She has the power to summon spirits from another demension. This power was just as much of a mystery as her wings.

A raven flew to her window and started tapping at to to get her attention. Arella rose to check the window. She was going to just ignore this bird, but there was something about it that made her open the window to talk to it. The raven stared at her, as if it was trying to send a telepathic message. Arella must've recieved some kind of message, because she ran out of her room and out of her house. There was nobody around, so she spread her wings and flew into that direction her instincts were telling her to go. It lead her to a tree where there seems to be a gathering of a small group of people. She landed near them, but she wondered why she was there. Arella didn't know any of these people.
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 06:56
"Yumi, I didn't recognize you there. I am so sorry. My aura reading have been really bad lately. I don't know why," said Màiri, "It is just I saw the demon in you, plus I didn't recognize you. Once more I am sorry I didn't respect you properly."
Màiri, felt really bad. She hadn't not seen Yumi for a few months and she had dropped to the evil demons level, by acting like she did. She then hugged Yumi.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 09:45
Yumi stood shocked, then put her arms around Mairi.
'It's alright, I wouldn't have recognized you if I hadn't felt your presence,' Yumi held her at arms length. 'You've changed. It was ages and ages ago we fought together.'
'Is Rill still alive?' Mairi asked.
Yumi dropped her arms to her side and looked down. 'Unfortunately yes,'she turned to the side. 'I feel his presence, somewhere. I don't know how he could have lived this long, but he has. A sorceror must have made Rill immortal.'

(usually i don't make the other chars speak, but i did this time! sry, if that's a problem and i lost my paper that had all the codes for accents!)
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 04:43
why did I come here?...

Arella looked at the others for an answer, but they seemed to be occupied. Something told her to talk to the one hiding in the tree. How did she know there was someone in the tree? She wasn't enev looking up there. oh well. Arella flew up there to face her.

"Um... hi. Who are you?"
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 11:19
((ooc I won't be here for a couple of weeks, so if someone could take over Màiri for me, I have added her to the database))
Màiri looked over at the female that had just asked her who they were.
"Why sorry for being so rude. I am Màiri and I am an angel. This is Yumi who is a part-demon. And the person up the tree is Ersa. And I am guessing your name is Arella, sorry but it is part of my angel gift to be able to know peoples names," replied Màiri, not needing to gasp for breath, "Anyway I feel some sort of magic come off of you, are you a sorcerer. don't worry about your wings I know how to hide them."
With that Màiri hid the wings.
Sodrius
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 08:43
Esra looked at all the newcomers, and sensed a presence in each of them.
She suddenly clutched her hand over her chest, desperate not to give anything away.
"I don't want any part of this... if it wasn't for Lance, I would be in bed..."

She felt a sudden pain rush up her spine as she walked out onto the main branch, into plain view.
"I am sorry..."
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 05:50
Arella stared at Mairi for a little bit, then finally came up with a response

"Yes, I am a scorceress, but my wings... my spirit powers... I don't know where does come from."

Arella was still confused. She had a feeling that she was going to stay confused for a while. She was about to ask more questions, but that girl came out of the trees. but... she seems to be just a mortal. Arella looked at her.

"Sorry about what? Do you know why the raven sent me here?"
Sodrius
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 11:25
"N...no. I'm sorry. I... I really don't know anything about this. I've had dreams... and Lance... but I don't know why I'm here."

Esra clutched her hands around her chest in an attempt to hide her frail figure and somehow appear invisible.
"To tell you the truth... I didn't even believe in the War until Lance showed up..."
She flinched as she sensed the energy of the person from her dreams known as Arella.

"Sorry... still a little timid around your kind."
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 05:40
"My kind? You mean... because I'm a scorceress, or is it..."

Arella wondered about the other half of her, her mother's half, that she knew nothing about. Her wings, her other powers, could they be from her mother? She never knew her mother. One day, Arella was in a baby basket at her fathers door step, and there was a note from her mother saying stuff like, "She's not safe with me" and "I know now that I'm not human"(You can read the full letter in the database if you want.) That note is the only link to her mother, but it told her nothing. Now she may finally find the answers she has been searching for, but this girl was not the one to talk to, she knew that now. Arella wasn't sure about questioning this girl further, but her human curiosity pushed her to do it anyway.

"Who is this, 'Lance'?"
Sodrius
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 01:19
"Lance is... I'm not meant to talk about him." Esra frowned. "He's... a demon. He said I was... special... and... he's been very close to me. My friend."

She felt a tiny twinge just below her sternum, and breathed sharply.
"Sorry! I can't say any more... not out here, anyway. It's too dangerous."

((Note: This is based on a true story. Then blown way out of proportion.))
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 07:27
(i'm so sorry i haven't posted in forever! i got grounded this week, but i'm in english class on a laptop so i get to post!)

Yumi's demon half of her was taking over and she soon became uninterested in these stories. She crossed her arms and kicked at a rock on the ground. Yumi half listened to them, she was reluctant to stay in the same place too long, expecially these woods. The fog spirits had tortured her and laughed at her enough.

(we had a 'tornado' like ten minutes ago, it was funny. every one was freaking out. hehe)
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 04:56
(really? I would like to hear the true story.)

Arella stopped asking questions, noticing that her questions are probably scaring her. Whoever this "Lance" is, she probablyneeded to talk to him.
Sodrius
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 08:39
(Thou shalt never know the true story.)

The shrill cry of a raven sounded in the distance, and Esra nodded.
"...It's just like in my dream..."

She stopped, and looked at Arella.
"Get the others. We've... the veil is falling." With that, Esra unfolded her arms and jumped out of the tree. Suprisingly, she landed unscathed and began to run straight away.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 12:54
(true story of what?)

Yumi took off after her. She had felt a strange tremer only moments before and knew what was going on. Yumi wass fast and didn't lose her energy as fast as humans.
'We don't have much time!' she yelled to Esra.
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 07:00
Arella's wings appeared as Esra jumped from the tree. Flying was faster and didn't take as much energy. Yet again, Arella was confused. Veil?...what veil?I still don't know why I'm here. All of her confusion destracted her from the chill, night air that now felt even colder with every flap of her wings.
Sodrius
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 11:16
Her chest began to burn, and her legs felt as though they were about to disintegrate. However, she kept running.
Eventually, she stopped. She was at a small temple near the edge of the village... one that had been used by all at one point or another.

The temple had sleek marble walls leading up to a single point at the top, upon which was situated the Sigil of Truth...
The Sigil was a symbol that was known to all. The ancient language of Sigils was kept alive through the Temple, which was set up in worship of the Deity named Dermae.

As she entered the temple, she felt a shudder run up her spine.
"It was set up... thousands of years ago. To keep people like you from interfering. But... it's going to fall. I don't know when... but Lance has told me. Soon."
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 12:17
Yumi reached the temple at the same time as Esra, however did not enter. She'd had bad experiences with temples, so she stayed outside for now.
'The veil...' she whispered and turned to see if the others had followed.
The half-demon could see them in the distance, coming. And another presence, always coming closer. That of Rill and she was nervous...
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 10:36
((OoC just arrived back from my french exchange without a tan))
Màiri decided to fly to the temple. As she did not like whatever was following them. She still couldn't read auras clearly. She had reached the temple Yumi was standing outside not wanting to go in. But Màiri felt she should go in, as she was an angel. Though the veil was inside this temple and something evil or demon-like was approaching she thought she would be better going in. So if worst came to worst she could fight. Also the veil was falling, it needed to ahve someone representing the Light there, even if she couldn't get her parents there in time.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2004 04:06
Yumi ran at the temple, her arms stretched out and hit the door, then seemed to melt into it. She emerged into darkness and a single beam of the brightest white light was before her. A heavenly voice spoke.
Yumi, half-demon, what is your purpose here?
'I am stopping the veil from falling,' she seemed to think it more than speak.
Why would you, a demon, want to stop the veil falling?
'You know what really happened, don't pretend you don't,' she was yelling now. 'I did it to save my friends, I'm good I tell you, believe me!
Your soul should rot in hell, or be forced to wander the world, feeling nothing but hate!
'Please, let me make up for my wrong doings! I will serve you, I will stop the veil falling! I promise! If I don't, then let my soul feel only hate and wander the world for eternity!'
You swear? You serve me and do what you said, I will let you go. If you don't, you will be punished
'I will,' she said out loud and realized she was in the temple. The white light was gone, and Esra was standing infront of her.

[Edited on 31/5/2004 by PrincePeregrinTook]

[Edited on 31/5/2004 by PrincePeregrinTook]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email