Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
Post Sempiternal (free2Join)
on: May 22, 2004 06:23
The wind blew harshly through the trees. The trees bending and waving to it's tune. Otherwise the surroundings were peaceful, and mostly quiet...

A clanking sound shattered the air, as a shadowed creature jumped through out the forest, dashing from tree to tree. It landed on a branch and flipped around, landing on it's feet with ease and turning on it's heel to face each direction then one. It took off in a direction, heading for the village. Leaping up into a tree and then from one to another. Acting as if it was chased, but nothing trailed it.

It stopped on the edge of the village, looking both ways before dashing across the street and into the Tavern. It closed the dooor securely behind it, it's breath quick with past adventure.

"Djon! What's with you? You're acting like a vampire was hot on ya trail!" The tender exclaimed, spotting him.

Djon gave a wide smile. "Just keepin' my reflexes up to time, Jonny!" he replied with a scottish-like accent. He strode over to a table and sat down hastily. Ordering water rather then a drink.

His hair was done in the mau-mau style, except rather then shaved in the back with the bangs left long, it was only cut short in the back with the long very spiky bangs. His skin was fair and cream peach colour. His eyes were golden with hazel specks. Tall, leanly built. Not the most handsome, but fairing well. He wore large round-lens glasses, to correct his normall slightly-blurry vision of course.

Djon studied as someone came in.

Nuav
Ps: Sempiternal is a actual word, it means 'Eternal' or 'Forever'
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sempiternal (free2Join)
on: May 22, 2004 07:48
The door opened to allow a tall slender figure through. The woman looked around the tavern with relative clam and a hidden air. Her eyes were of darkest brown, peering out from lowered eyelashes that were extremely long and pitch black. Her small delicate nose was sprinkled with freckles, surprising on such a dark face. Gracefully she pulled back her hood and pulled her hair out so the black cascade of tight curls fell down her back and over her shoulders. Smiling to herself as though in response to an inside joke she took a seat at the bar and ordered a bottle of fine wine.

The woman was a stranger to the village. Just your typical mysterious wanderer. At one look it could be assumed that she danced as well as she sang and sang twice as well as she looked. ‘I’m a living cliché.’ She thought, grinning to herself and taking a sip of her wine. ‘Now all that’s missing is a wonderful quest to be either on and looking for volunteers or joining and to fall in love with the leader who of course is ruggedly handsome and horribly brave.’

“I always knew it would come to this.” She muttered to herself under her breath in between swigs. Her dark eyes fell upon a young man with startling hazel eyes behind round glasses sitting two seats away drinking some water. The woman felt a smile climb her lips and shrugged inwardly at an odd objection.

‘Shouldn’t I make friends with the locals?’ She asked herself wordlessly. Gracefully she stood up and took the seat next to him, offering a gloved hand to him.

“Good evening,” She said politely, her white teeth gleaming in her swarthy face. “My name is Ma’ata, I’m new around here… could you help me gather a little intelligence? You look like a man of information and before I decide to stay here I’d like to know what I’m up against.”

It wasn’t exactly a lie. She was there to gather information wasn’t she? But her name wasn’t Ma’ata and she wasn’t trying to decide wither to stay or not. She was a bounty hunter and looking for her quarry here. The best lies are buried in truth.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 06:48
OOC- Love your take on the cliches. Welcome.

Djon stood up, giving a slight bow for in the presence of a lady (or so she seemed).

"Good evening m'lady. Name's Djon, and I'm sure I can help you. Take a seat, if you wish." he answered, sitting back down. He took note of her dark complexion and long eyelashes.

"Aboot what need you know? History you'd find at the village's keep, land forms you'd find at the village's center..." he turned away to cover a cough. "And for local creatures and past ones, I can tell you so." he finished, slightly lamely.

"What'll it be?" he asked, straightening one side of his glasses, then sipping his water.

Nuav
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 05:04
"Barkeep! Ale in a clean, tall glass!"

Arod walked across the room to the bar and took a seat next to Djon

"Who's this lass, DJ? Looks like a fine woman for you, not that he's lookin'."
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 03:20
Keria looked up at the outspoken man and grinned impishly at him. She knew that any other woman of her upbringing would be horribly offended at the notion but it just amused Keria.

“Hello and greetings.” She said holding out her slender gloved hand to him and laughing. “My name is Ma’ata and I’m here for a time to check out the neighborhood and your friend here, Djon, was just trying to help me out.”

To Djon she said, “I was primarily interested in the sort that live in these woods. I heard from the last village I was in that there were werewolves around here, is that true?”

Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 09:00
Djon gave a sheepish smile as Arod sat down beside him. "As she said." he answered. "Th'is Arod." he introduced.

He gave her question a quick thought, running over the local creatures. "Yes. There's been werewolves 'round here. But they dun hold much threat as other creatures... Most of 'em take off into the woods about their changing time. But I know a few round here..."

'Locals mostly avoid 'em, though there are a weapons in storage for in case." He felt uncomfortable mentioning he knew some, if she was a hunter, then that would put them in trouble. Deep trouble.

Nuav
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 11:37
"Werewolves? Ha! The werewolves are the friendliest things in those woods. There are things far beyond the conseption of your imagination, lassie."
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 01:07
Keria smiled crookedly at the pair of them. “I am, my dearest gentlemen, most intrigued. Would you mind sharing just what such creatures live in this wood? I wouldn’t mind keeping your mugs full till your done or maybe some other fee that catches your fancy. That is unless you’re willing to help me out of the mere graciousness of your hearts.”

Keria grinned again, almost to herself, knowing that even if they were willing to just tell her, the temptation of a reward would be enough to cave most men’s will. She was testing their characters, in the most subtle ways she could. Such was the way of the person who lives by wit and intricacy.
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 01:47
"Sorry, but I cannot tell you that for any fee. I can tell you it is my job to protect them and you look like you'd kill'em."

Arod finished off his ale and sat at a nearby table, sharpening his axe.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 01:51
Djon eyed her, then sipped his water. He didn't trust her smile, especially when speaking of terms and creatures.

"I'd gladly help you. But I'd a fee...I'm curious as to why the interest in local werewolves?" he paused, watching her for a moment. "Plus, I'm the one who usually deals with the supernatural round here...As Arod said, werewolves are the least of worries round here."

Nuav
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 03:00
Keria’s smile vanished as she cocked her head to one side, inspecting Djon with new found interest. Why the sudden suspicion?

“I can assure you, good sire, that my reason to understand the supernatural is simple curiosity. I have no intention to go about slaughtering random creatures.” She nodded towards Arod. “I am a simple wonderer, am I truly that untrustworthy looking? Or is it customary to accuse women in taverns of cold-blooded killing?”

‘Not that they’re that far off,’ She conceded silently. ‘Perhaps I’m not a cold-blooded killer but a bounty-hunter nonetheless, very few try to make such distinctions.

“As to why I’m interested in werewolves the matter of the situation is simple; I’m scared out of my wits by them.” Again with the partial truths. “In my home town we had a large pack of the creatures, every full moon the town was ransacked and harried by them. My best friend’s older brother was ripped apart by one of them.” That was completely true. The thought of it still brought a chill to her spine. “It wasn’t until a bounty-hunter and his apprentice came and killed them all that my village was safe again.”

That was true too. She just didn’t mention that the bounty-hunter was her father and his apprentice was her.

“That was my key worry as I came here, but from what you’ve said there are greater troubles. If it’s not to much to ask, can I be trusted at least enough to be told this information?”

((I have her profile up in case anyone’s interested. http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=3211 ))
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 04:10
"You foul hearted feind! Your mind is fey and I can read it! It carries you away and you think it all the same! So, you're a bounty hunter, then who's your current target and employer?"

Arod's ax sang as he swung it up in a possition to attack.

"Answer the question, ill seed of the devil's spawn!"
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 04:40
Keria raised a black eyebrow at Arod and sipped her wine calmly. Nonchalantly she sat down the partially empty wine bottle and tossed a silver coin next to it.

“I beg your pardon, sire, but where I come from it is not polite to call someone you’ve barely met a “foul hearted fiend”.” The girl was as calm as a summer’s breeze in spite of the raised ax. “Nor do I think that my reasons for being in this town have anything to do with you, therefore you may wave that ax of yours till kingdom come and I feel no need to tell you anything.”

Calmly she pulled her quiver full of arrows up on her shoulder a bit more and tucked a black curl behind her ear. “You must not know very much about bounty-hunters to think that a simple threat would scare one, not that I am one, sire. I am a simple traveler. But if my presence here bothers you I will leave rather then cause you discomfort.”
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 04:50
"I shall put away the ax, but I'll not have you lie to as fine a gentleman as Djon. I'll also, more calmly, request that you tell me your target and employer."
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 08:23
Djon jumped up from his seat as Arod set in form for a swing of his axe. "Arod, even you'd know that the best way to defend is to know yor enemy. What'd be a lie if she was just curious?" he said, his voice frigid, but his expression surprised.

"I don doubt your Arod, but I think she'd explained enough. Least for me anyways..." he looked over to her then back to Arod. "Besides, she only asked about them...she didn't ask exactly where they are." he said more to Arod with a smile. He straightened his glasses then sat back down.

"Befor I say anymore, I'd like to know myself if you'd be a bounty hunter or not. Please." he said politely.

Nuav
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2004 03:24
((Hey all, I’m sorry but I’m going to be gone for the next two weeks. I might be able to write one or twice this week… maybe…. But not at all next week. Sorry again. Since there are only three of us should we should pause the game until I get back. Or if you just want to play Keria until my return that would be fine as well.))

Keria debated with herself for awhile before sighing.

“I am actually. I am the adopted daughter of Iero Trindell, the King’s personal bounty-hunter. As for whom my… current… employer is I wouldn’t tell you even if I could. And the same goes for my target. But I feel that if you half as cleaver as you think you are then you already know the type of target I’m aiming for.”

Suddenly a sly smile slipped on her lips. “I will, however ask you both to keep this information to yourselves, if you may. Not that I’m doing anything eligible, mind you, but most people tend not to trust bounty-hunters, though I don’t know why.” Keria’s dark eyes rested on Arod before slipping to Djon.

“I didn’t wish to lie to you, and if you think about what I’ve said you’ll find that I didn’t lie as much as you might think. I just had no way of knowing how you would react to me if I told the truth.”
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 07:04
"I thank you for your cooperation and I apologize for my outburst. I shall tell no one of what you have told us."

Arod went bac to sharpening his ax and when he finished he sheathed it and went to his room
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email