Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ShipuuShouken
Council Member
Send Message
Post Rusting Steel
on: May 26, 2004 02:46
Hello, I bought a replica of Sting a while ago, and now it is rusting. I'm not sure how to get the rust off, does anyone know?
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rusting Steel
on: May 29, 2004 04:16
Vinegar might be worth a shot. I know that works on bronze. I bet you could probably buy some stuff specifically made to get rid of rust. I hear coke would work to get rid of rust, but I don't know.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 10:50
I've heard that a good product to use is Metal Glo. You can probably purchase some from a hardware store or a place like Home Depot.

After cleaning the blade it's good to protect it with a product like Renaissance Wax. You can purchase it online at Museum Replicas, http://www.museumreplicas.com, for $28.

You should avoid touching the blade with your fingers as the acids from your skin will erode the blade.
Keterai
Palantír/Collectibles Mod, & Ninja Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: May 30, 2004 11:02
I wouldn't use vineger. Vineger reacts with metal (That's why if your making sushi, you don't use a metal spoon or bowl to add the vinegar, it taste weird).
ShipuuShouken
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2004 03:03
Ok, so what exactly do i do with the coke? Do i just pour it on or something? A few friends told me heating the blade and rubbing it off with salt works, but I've been doing that for hours and it still hasn't worked.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email