Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
Post Scottish Wars of Independance((free to join, ooc board for char. bios))
on: May 30, 2004 06:32
((OoC PM me if you have any questions about the state of Scotland in this period of history and I will give you a brief summary of what happened. This is set before the Battle of Stirling Bridge. Sassench is an old Scot word for the English.))
"But Pa I can fight," moaned Ceit.
"I need ye tae stay an help yer Ma wi' the land. Yer sisters are both wi' their husbands," replied her father, "Now me and your tae brothers have tae gae. Wallace and Murray ha' decided its time to fight the Sassenchs. Anyway Cathal has to stay and remember what his name means."
"Ok Pa, Im glad he is staying. I don't really like the fact that the sassench garrison is still at the castle, though it is only some of them," replied Ceit truthfully, "I think one was leering at me yesterday while I bathed in the burn with Ma. Anywa', gid luck with the fight and may you come back with blood on yer hands."
Giorsal(Ceit's mother) and Cathal had come out the house to see the other three leave.
"Remember to bring me a sword or a shield hame," said Cathal, "Actually bring both of them and a heid hame. Then I will be happy."
"A heid?" asked Ceit, "Even I dinnae want that."
"I wis jokin ye eejit," replied Cathal, "Anyway remember to come home victorious, or at least kill about five sassenchs."
Giorsal said, "And that counts for me."
With that Ceit's father and two brothers left to ride to battle. Ceit went back outside to harvest the rest of their food, Cathal left to go hunting, though Ceit was sure he was going to go with the group that was going to try to ambush the garrison heading from the castle.
~*A day later*~
"Cathal, ye were told no' tae gae fighting," said Ceit nursing the wound on Cathal's head, "But like a typical man you don't listen. I can see whair Ma is coming fae when she gies Pa intae trouble."
Cathal couldn't reply as he was getting fixed up by his sister and didn't wnat to argue with her, especially seeing as she could fight as good as any man.

[Edited on 2/6/2004 by Findulas]

[Edited on 6/6/2004 by Findulas]

[Edited on 6/6/2004 by Findulas]
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Scottish Wars of Independance((free to join, ooc board for char. bios))
on: June 02, 2004 04:18
((OoC someone else please join. I'm going to post a little aftermath type thing of the battle. Someone please join? I'm begging. Murray dies two months after the Battle of stirling bridge))
~*The day after the battle*~
"Ma, Cathal. Pa's back!" screamed Ceit as she ran up to her father and her brothers.
Giorsal and Cathal came running out the croft. Ceit ran up to her father and brothers who were all looking extermly happy with themself.
"So how did it gae then?" asked Giorsal.
"Whit she means is did ye kill any sassenchs?" asked Cathal.
"Aye, I kilt some sassenchs," replied his father, "And we won the battle easily. Wallace did a fine job. Though Murray has suffered an injury. Nothin' serious I hope."
"So whairs me sword and shield?" asked Cathal.
"Calm doon son. I hae it here," replied his father who handed Cathal an impressive looking sword and shield, then he handed Ceit a sword as well.
"Wha did ye gie Ceit somethin'?" asked Cathal.
"Cause she is a bloody good fighter," replied his father, "anywa' we defeated the invincable sassenchs, well whit wir the invincble sassenchs on their stupid horses. That is whit killed them in the Forth."
"Sae the sassenchs are na' sae invincable now," replied Ceit, "Well done Pa. whit was Wallace's speech like then?"
"Amazing hen, pure amazing. I dinnae ken how tae describe it," replied Pa.
He then, ven after saying he couldn't describe gave Wallace's speech word for word. With added bits in of his own imagination. he then kept them entertained with an hour long account of the battle. Then there was a knock on the door. It was...
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Scottish Wars of Independance((free to join, ooc board for char. bios))
on: June 02, 2004 10:09
((OoC someone else please join. I'm going to post a little aftermath type thing of the battle. Someone please join? I'm begging. Murray dies two months after the Battle of stirling bridge))
~*The day after the battle*~
"Ma, Cathal. Pa's back!" screamed Ceit as she ran up to her father and her brothers.
Giorsal and Cathal came running out the croft. Ceit ran up to her father and brothers who were all looking extermly happy with themself.
"So how did it gae then?" asked Giorsal.
"Whit she means is did ye kill any sassenchs?" asked Cathal.
"Aye, I kilt some sassenchs," replied his father, "And we won the battle easily. Wallace did a fine job. Though Murray has suffered an injury. Nothin' serious I hope."
"So whairs me sword and shield?" asked Cathal.
"Calm doon son. I hae it here," replied his father who handed Cathal an impressive looking sword and shield, then he handed Ceit a sword as well.
"Wha did ye gie Ceit somethin'?" asked Cathal.
"Cause she is a bloody good fighter," replied his father, "anywa' we defeated the invincable sassenchs, well whit wir the invincble sassenchs on their stupid horses. That is whit killed them in the Forth."
"Sae the sassenchs are na' sae invincable now," replied Ceit, "Well done Pa. whit was Wallace's speech like then?"
"Amazing hen, pure amazing. I dinnae ken how tae describe it," replied Pa.
He then, ven after saying he couldn't describe gave Wallace's speech word for word. With added bits in of his own imagination. he then kept them entertained with an hour long account of the battle. Then there was a knock on the door. It was...

Hello!!
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 10:15
I am confused, though that is course I am new...
Krissonia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 11:16
u didnt answer - can i be an english soldier?
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 10:02
((yes English soldiers are allowed. It can make an interesting plot line in the story, Fëawen do I use your username or do you have another identity for this?))
Ceit went up and answered the door it was her sister, eilidh coming to see her family. Thne about ten minutes later she left to go back to ehr husband.
"Pa, am awa' fer a walk, ok?" said Ceit, waiting for her father's reply.
"As long as ye stay awa' fae the sassenchs," replied her father.
"But faither, I've had great news fae them afore," agrued Ceit, "It's nae like they've done me any harm, apart fae living in Scotland."
"Righ' shut up wi' yer cheek ying lassie. I do still hae tae marry ye aff," warned her father, "and I can find the ugliest laddie fir ye. Or even worst ye can marry a sassench, if ye like speaking tae them sae much hen."
"Pa keep yer trap shut," replied Ceit, "Anyway yer version o' ugly is different fae mine."
"Awa an bile yer heid lassie," said her father, Ceit then turned and left her house, though she took a change of clothes. She was cleaner than most folk around her. And she also had sneaked something else out in her bag, herbs. These she used to practise in an anicent religon she had learned from her grandmothr, who was too scared to teach it to her mother.
She was about to begin the ancient chant, when suddenly she heard rustling in the leaves.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email