Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
Post 'A Poison Tree' Set in ME but not strictly Tolkien
on: June 03, 2004 11:38
“I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow” (William Blake)

It was early spring, the world was in a time of growth; new plants had emerged from the rich soil and blossom iced the trees, Larsil's favourite time of year. The forest floor was carpeted with flourishing plants, the sun seeped through the canopy and made jewel like patterns on the ground. Along the well-trodden old forest path walked the druid in a guise of green leading along her horse heavily packed. She had a look of bitterness on her face, as thoughts of hatred crossed her mind in the silence of her journey. Solitude is usually a state to enjoy, but induring her own company became harder as of late, she almost felt as if she was up against her worst enemy, herself, in a constant battle of emotions and flashbacks of the past.
‘With each step I hate him more, I go to sleep hating him and wake hating him that little bit more. Why even now, does he consume my time, my energy, why is it so hard to forget? I do not want to be this person'.

She took a deep breath to calm herself, the smell of blossom and grass filled her head as she tried to distract her mind. She looked up to see the forest canopy in spaces between the leaves she saw that the sky was clear and blue, without a single cloud. Her mind drifted to her destination, the memory of a warm inn, the familiar faces, the comfort of a drink in hand and a happy atmosphere, where you don’t have to be noticed if you do not want to.

Within a few hours she was nearing the east edge of the forest, Bree was just over the hill. This was the closest she’d been to civilisation in a long time, she hoped to find some company to while away some hours and some worries whilst she rested, for her legs had begun to ache and the heat of the sun was making her back clammy and her garments cling.

((Anyone please join, tis my first rp in here (apart from the newbie pub, i'm running it on MEO but it is not turning out so good, I'm sure you guys are better )
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: 'A Poison Tree' Set in ME but not strictly Tolkien
on: June 03, 2004 05:03
Carrey Crickhollow-Baggins, a hobbit, had just finished buying some pipeweed and ale for her inn back in Hobbiton, and had just walked out of Bree, when she saw a strange woman, clad in shades of green that shimmered and seemed to become one with the trees.
The woman piqued her interest, so she watched as the woman approached Bree. Walking up to the stranger, Carrey
said " Hello. I'm Carrey. Who are you?"
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 05:54
The woman looked up from her thoughts, with her eyes blue like an early summer's sky and saw the hobbit woman infront of her. She halted, her horse stopped to, so suddenly that the luggage on his back was thrust slightly foreward causing objects inside to clang. "Greetings Carrey, I am Larsil, can I help you?" she asked her curiously wondering why she had been approached by her.
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 01:34
(((*cough cough* Where you gone? )))
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 12:30
Carrey looked up at the woman, wondering why she looked so sad.
Carrey looked up with her big, soft brown eyes and said" Well, You looked like you had never been here before, and looked like you needed some help. If you want, I know a good inn, small but cheap, and you can share my room if you don't have any money."
Carrey held out a basket of fresh bread she had bought, and offered it to Larsil.
" I don't know if your hungry, but I just bought some bread."
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 12:54
Larsil's frown resided and she smiled at the halflings kindness and the genuine friendliness she had in her eyes "Thankyou, that is very kind of you, I admit I am rather hungry" she took some bread from the basket "I thank you for your concern, but I have been here before...but not for quite some time, i do hope the same people are still here. Its true I don't have any money, I have some healing remedies to sell though, they usually prove most popular." she said, her mood slightly lifted, just having someone else to speak to for a minute helped her, and stopped her thinking about things so much.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email