Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
Post Announcement: Closing of the NT forums
on: July 17, 2004 04:27
With great regret, the Council of Elrond is announcing that we have made the decision to shut down the Non-Tolkien RPG forum, due to its limited relevance to the mission of this site, and the overwhelming task of trying to keep it moderated. This will be effective August 7th, 2004. Tolkien related RPGing will stay here on the site for the immediate future.

We don't want all of you NT RPGer's to be left high and dry with no place to RPG, though, and it has been suggested that we start a new site specifically devoted to RPGing in general. We will be looking for site administrators to take over this task, which you can read about here.
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Announcement: Closing of the NT forums
on: July 22, 2004 03:40
oh that is soooo sad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I must go and save mine so that I don't loose the goodness that are my rpgs

and I just started one too....
Napolde
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 10:22
*gasp* So you're Rivka... *snaps out of trance* Egad! The NT forum is leaving? Nooooooooooooooo...
Aragornelfwarrior
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2004 02:13
Noooooooooooooo! I'll miss the NT RPG :sob: :cry:
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 07:23
Well, at risk of sounding mean and callous...(I'm not! i used to RP in the NT too!)

THANK YOU!

I have a couple friends who mod in RP, and it's been SO hard for them to mod NT...I think it's best if the NT is moved somewhere else, devoted to NT stuff.

I wish the best to all NT players who will be moving on, RP-wise. :love:
Nienna_Ancalimon
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 05:36
Oh thats really :crycry:, but at least there will be a new site devoted to it.
BingoTook
Radical Humor Mathom & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 07:29
Aww, crap. Will already-existing NT games be moved to this new site, or will everything have to be established from the ground up?
Triple_Crown_Champ
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 06:00
does anyone know where the new site is or where its gonna be?:cry::cry::cry:
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 05:37
hey rivka, i know this question has probably already been asked, but will we be able to access old threads that are no longer running here on coe? if not, please let me know, so i can save one of my old threads.
Rivka
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 07:16
The application period for the RPG admin position will be closing soon. If you'd like to apply, I would recommend that you send in your application immediately.
Rivka
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 12:59
The Non-Tolkien forum is in the process of being moved over to the new site today. The new site should be up and running within the next couple of days.

Please note: there appears to be a rumor going around that we will be deleting the threads, or that you will not be able to continue your RPGs. This is not true. The threads in question are simply being moved to a new site, and you will be able to continue them there (once you create an account there). There is no reason that this new forum cannot be a new home for all your RPGing.
Rivka
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 06:06
I'm happy to announce that the Non-Tolkien threads were moved over to the new site, and once we've finished setting everything up, you can all go there and start up with your RPGing again Give us a day or two, and things should be all set.
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 06:33
Uhh... what's the new site called?
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 08:22
The new site is called monkeygames.net but it isn't ready for anyone to come over just yet. Currently- if you try to get there you'll just get an "under construction" notice.
The subforums are still being set up forthe various types of RPs and there is still a bit more to do to get everything ready.
As soon as it's open for business, a link will be posted. I think that you will find it to be worth the wait.

As far as I can tell, ALL of the threads in the NT subforum have been moved over to monkeygames; even the old ones that no-one is currently using.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2004 03:32
yay!!!

okey I don't know if I will be able to find the info or where it is but I would like to apply for a moderator position on the new site once it is up
Rivka
Send Message
on: August 10, 2004 04:57
The new site is up and running, and can be found here:

http://www.monkeygames.net

All of the Non-Tolkien threads have been moved there. Feel free to register, and RPG your little hearts out

The Non-Tolkien forum will be removed completely here from CoE in one week's time.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 12:39
I thought all the NT threads going to be transported there. I visited that site and only found a select few threads and there was only one page of it.
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: August 13, 2004 01:53
You may have been looking in the wrong forum. The threads have been moved to several forums but there are 6 pages of threads in the moved threads forum. Clicking on any thread in the Moved Threads forum will link to the thread's new home.
It took a lot of work to move all the threads twice, first to Monkeygames , and then to the appropriate forum in MonkeyGames but everyone was glad to do it.
We think that the NT rps will be very happy in their new home, and with 9 different forums, instead of just one, to hold the NT rps, the restrictions on rps on similar topics, have been removed

[Edited on 13/8/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: December 01, 2010 12:02
Just a note, long overdue... Some time ago (in 2007), monkeygames crashed. It was replaced by Loki's Palace, and is still running today.

I only mention this as you will not find monkey games if you are searching for it but you can find Loki's Palace.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email