Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
Post Mirkwood in Moonlight
on: July 20, 2004 05:06
( came up with the idea for this while I was watching the cartoon of The Hobbit, hehe )

Eärduial walked silently through the woods. She liked them better in the dark, with moonlight slicing through the treetops. Her uncle, Thranduil, had always wondered at this, most Elves preferred the daytime. But Eärduial was only half-elven, so she also had some human qualities to her.
Her white-silver hair fell around her pale face to her shoulders, her brilliant blue eyes casting about for any movement, and her pointed ears listening for anything. Leaves on the ground behind her stirred. Eärduial turned her head slightly and smiled, continuing to walk slowly, her hand on the hilt of her sword...
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Mirkwood in Moonlight
on: July 20, 2004 06:59
((Ashiaro's in the DB!))

Ashiaro sighed. He had been visiting his cousins for a few weeks, upon the advice of his adopted father, Elrond. It had been a long few weeks, with Legolas making merciless fun of him throughout the whole time. Of course, both knew the woodelf was just joking around...

His dark hair fell into his face. Though he was an Elf (well, half), he looked much more like a Ranger. His ears were hardly pointed, and the peredhel often got teased for this, mostly by Elladan and Elrohir.

His bright green eyes spotted another Elf, one with silvery hair. Slowly and silently, as he had learnt how to do, he walked over to her.
Triple_Crown_Champ
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 12:55
Aramiren wandered through the woods of Mirkwood. She hummed softly to herself. A soft, sweet elven song not known by many others. it was old.

She spotted two elves in the trees. One had silvery hair that glinted in the light. It caught her attention. She wandered over to them. "Suilad," she said. "Am I interrupting something?"
Princess_Elfie
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 03:53
Tinuviel sat up in the treetops, playing a tune on her little wooden flute. She did not realize that she was not alone, but that there were now three others down below her on the ground. She was too wrapped-up in her flute-playing.
Triple_Crown_Champ
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 02:27
Aramirien heard soft flute playing above her. She looked up. An elven maiden sat in the tree, playing a small wooden flute. She seemed so wrapped up in her flute playing that she didnt see the other three elves standing on the ground below her.

"Suilad!" Aramirien called.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 04:21
((Aeriel is in the Db))Aeriel walked noiselessly through the forests of Mirkwood. She had just come from the Palace to think for a while. Her father Thranduil had given her leave to go anywhere today. Her golden hair shined in the moonlight filtering through the trees, and she sang an elven song her mother had sang. Up ahead she could hear three people talking and someone playing the flute. She slowly walked up to them and said," Suilad"
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 06:19
Eärduial whipped out her sword as she turned, holding it as if she were to fight. Then stopped, seeing one familiar face and another very friendly one.

'Suilad! Am I interupting something?'

Eärduial sighed, sheathing her sword. 'No, I was just taking a walk under the stars. Aeriel, what are you doing out here?'

The half-elf turned to see the one she had heard walking behind her.

'Ashiaro?! I thought you went home, what with Legolas being so rude and all...' she smiled at him. 'You can come out of the shadows now, I know you're here.'
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 07:15
When Aeriel arrived at the clearing, she suddenly heard her cousin ask,"Aeriel, what are you doing here?" She replied," Well, I wanted to get away from the Palace for a while, so I decided to come out here. I was surprised Legolas did not follow me" She laughed and said, "It looks like I was not the only one with the idea of a moonlight walk."
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 08:33
'Ashiaro?! I thought you went home, what with Legolas being so rude and all...' she smiled at him. 'You can come out of the shadows now, I know you're here.'

Ashiaro shook his head slightly. No, he had not gone home, though it would have pleased him muchly to do so. Or to travel down south to Rohan or Gondor.

"It looks like I was not the only one with the idea of a moonlight walk," Aeriel said with a laugh.

Ashiaro joined her. It felt good to get away from his cousin at times, as he and Legolas really did not get along that well. "And I am glad that he did not followyou, Aeriel," he said.
Triple_Crown_Champ
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 01:34
"I'm getting the feeling that everyone here knows each other except me," Aramirien said, a little uneasily. "Would anyone like to introduce me?"

The elven maiden in the trees continued playing her glute. It was a nice song, soft and sweet, with the elven hint of sadness, but equal cheeriness and suggested merrymaking.
Princess_Elfie
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 03:58
Tinuviel lowered her flute, nodded to the Elf who had greeted her and then said to the Elf who didn't know any of the others, "I don't know them either. COUld I possibly get an introduction as well?"
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 02:29
' I am Eärduial, niece of Thranduil of this forest,' she inroduced herself. 'These are my cousins, if they wish to tell you their names.'

She smiled slightly at Ashiaro and Aeriel.

(sry, it's really short!)
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 05:17
"I am Aeriel, daughter of Thranduil." She said and waited for all the others to introduce themselves. She glanced over at Ashiaro.
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 08:42
(ooc- hey guys, I thought I'd join this one ^_^ Mairu's in the db)

Mairu had been wandering aimlessly for quite some time now. She believed she was in Mirkwood, but wasn't quite sure. She was never sure of her whereabouts anymore. She seemed to have slipped into these woods without being noticed, and was hoping it would stay that way.

Mairu started to daydream a little as she walked. Her daydream was infiltrated by voices, beautifully melodic, that could only belong to elves. She soon realised that these voices were in fact coming from not too far away. There were five of them.

Still out of sight, Mairu mulled over whether she should go and meet these people, thus stepping out of her comfort zone, in hope of shelter and food which she had been deprived of. The other alternative was staying in the shadows, where she felt most at ease.

Taking a deep breath, Mairu stepped out of the shadows and into the company of the tall strangers.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 11:15
"I am Ashiaro, adopted son of Lord Elrond of Imladris," Ashiaro said cautiously. He wasn't sure if he should yet reveal who he was, but figured it really didn't matter. After all, Elves didn't serve the Dark Lord, did they?

The keen glance of his green eyes shifted to a figure walking, silhouetted against the remaining light. Though his eyesight was not renown, especially for an Elf, he thought it was a girl who walked through the trees.

"Suilad!" he called out to her.
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 03:49
The male elf called out to Mairu, and she froze, unsure of what to do. She did not speak Elvish, but could sense the peaceful nature of these elves.

Trusting her instincts, she moved to stand among them.
"My name is Mairu," she said in a tiny voice, bowing ever so slightly. She hoped they wouldn't notice that her hands were shaking like mad, and mentally cursed her lack of people skills.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2004 04:38
(Is it ok if I join? My character is Aerhíril, and she is in the database)

Aerhíril was walking through the dark woods, enjoying the moonlight that filtered through the trees. She was always travelling, but recently had spent much of her time around the borders and in the midst of Mirkwood. She had never actually visited the King's halls. She looked up at the stars that glinted through the mass of beech leaves above. Her Dark blonde hair and her deep blue eyes were hidden by a cloak that she wore around a rich-coloured dress, clearly in the stlye of that worn in Rivendell. But the bow and sword that she carried were from Lothlorien.
She came across many elves talking in the moonlight. She had not met anyone in quite some time, and proceeded to introduce herself once she had been noticed.
"Suilad. My name is Aerhíril, I travel these lands." She called out, wondering how they would respond.

[Edited on 24/7/2004 by Aerhíril]
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 05:55
(can I join ? my character is in the database)

*horse's hooves are heard on the path then silence*

*a few moment later a large white Andalusian war Horse came chargeing forward through the trees rearing at the group of strangers*

*then the rider spoken softly and the horse relaxed and the rider, while keeping her dagger ready to throw incase of danger spoke to the group* "Suilad, I am Lumanara an elf ranger of the west and who are you who stand so unprotected in a forest such as this ?

*the beautiful elf speaking was in a green tunic and leggings, her silvery hair hanging over her shoulder, her sliver eye flashing in the moonlight, a sword was strapped to her back and a bow beside her attached to the horse's saddle*

[Edited on 27/7/2004 by LumanaraSage]
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 10:13
Aerhíril spun around to see the fair elf with a blade in her hand. Before she had chance to speak, Aerhíril had alredy drawn her sword in defense. She came across danger to often to risk letting her guard down. Her own steed Celeblas shifted it's feet nervously, and she had to calm him down.
But when the stranger spoke she knew she had nothing to fear. She was an elf afterall.
Aerhíril greeted the stranger, and withdrew her sword.

"Mae govannen, Aerhíril i eneth nín" ('well met, my name is Aerhíril') She moved closer to her horse.

"I travel around, and have just arrived here, but I can assure you, I am never unprotected."

She adusted her bow that was on her horse's saddle. She only kept it there while riding.
Princess_Elfie
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 03:33
Tinuviel walked over to Lumanara, a spark of flame flickering in her eyes. Her melodious held a touch of a threat (or was it a warning?) as she replied, "I am Tinuviel. You may rest assured that i am NEVER unprotected, even when my sword is not with me."
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 11:15
Aerhíril stood fast, wondering what would happen next. No one else had spoken, so she decided to mount her horse. There would be no point staying too long, she needed to get on- although now she was not sure where she wanted to go.
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 02:03
Ashiaro turned towards Aerhíri. He'd seen her once or twice before, but they had not talked really. "Go with the blessings of the Elves, then, mellon-nin," he said with a smile. To Tinuviel, he only said, "Please do not mind her."

Ashiaro pushed a dark strand of hair out of his face and turned to she who introduced herself as Lumanara. He bowed slightly, in Elvish fashion. "Suilad, Lumanara," he said with a smile. He fingered the hilt of his sword, which had been his father's. "Ashiaro i eneth lín, and I am protected. I used to be an Elven Ranger, but now travel little, staying in either Mirkwood or Rivendell. And what may I ask you are doing on such a night as this?" His intent was kindly, as if only curious.
Princess_Elfie
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2004 02:43
((Is this thread dead?))
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 06:06
((I don't know))

*she bowed her head and regarded Ashiaro with a look of curiousity* I travel as you once have done Ashiaro and heard your voice from down the path and thought you an enemy......

*Valor stumped the ground with is front feet, proveing he still didn't trust them*
Triple_Crown_Champ
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 11:12
[[::skids in:: I've come to revive the thread! Mind if I do a slight character switch? Just changng the name. ]]

Aralonde watched the scene with curiosity. She kept one hand on the sword at her hip, the other rested on her jewelled dagger. She waited, ready to protect any of the characters if the need be.

[[short, I know, but the thread needed reviving and I'm a bit confused as to the plot.]]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email