Register

Author Topic:
presage
Council Member
Send Message
Post Christmas Ornaments?
on: July 26, 2004 03:08
Hi all,

Maybe I've missed it, but has anyone seen or heard anything about LOTR Christmas Ornaments? I was thinking that Hallmark could make a fortune if they started a series. Just look at their Star Wars. Star Trek stuff, etc.

Imagine....all the characters, places, weapons, beasts, etc. from LOTR!!

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

presage
Friend_of_Legolas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Christmas Ornaments?
on: July 31, 2004 12:06
Hi!

I just went to the Hallmark store, today and found out that they have a Frodo ornament coming out in October.
He's holding the Sting sword. I think it looks cool.
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 12:26
Thanks FOL,

I hope Hallmark puts out a complete line. It would be cool to do a whole LOTR Christmas tree in my son's room. I'll keep my eyes open.

When I entered a search, I found that Department 56 also has LOTR ornaments, but haven't found a good site to purchase them yet.

Anyone out there have any comments or recommendations regarding the Department 56 ornaments?

presage
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 05:41
I've discovered that Department 56 put out a set of LOTR ornaments. Apparently, they are now "retired".

Anyone know a good secondary source in the US?

Thanks!

presage
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 08:09
Recently purchased the Hallmark Frodo. What does everyone think of him?

Also, a set of 8 Dept. 56 LOTR ornaments (now retired) recently sold on Ebay for over $250! Geez! The individual ones are going for $40+. Guess those won't be in my collection any time soon. LOL

presage

[Edited on 5/11/2004 by presage]
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 02:03
For some reason, I had expected the Frodo ornament to be bigger, but maybe I'm just used to the action figures. I think it's o.k., but I wasn't wowed by it. Hopefully they'll do more LOTR characters. Did you notice he's balancing the One Ring on top of his head?!

"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 01:06
I agree LS -- it didn't "WOW" me. I think I just expected it to be fantastic.

I'm confident Hallmark will continue the series. I hope they put out more than one ornament per year like they have with other popular series (Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. where they've done characters as well as ships). My sister collects these and has too many to count.

They could do at least one character per year, but also add a location/building (The Golden Hall, Orthanc, Hobbiton, etc.) or other object (such as The Ring, Sting, Palantir, etc.).

Let's hope they're creative! There's certainly no shortage of fans to collect whatever they put out.

presage
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2004 10:30
My sister got the Frodo Ornament from Hallmark. It is a nice ornament, but I agree that Hallmark should have come out with a set. I would have bought that no questions asked! They would have made a fortune!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: November 17, 2004 01:07
I finally saw the Frodo ornament and have to say that I didn't like it all that much. The only reason why I would consider getting it would be to start a fun collection. I've always wanted to collect Hallmark ornaments, but never have.
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 10:38
I finally saw the Frodo ornament and have to say that I didn't like it all that much.

Yeah, me either. My sister had to have it for two reasons:

1) She loves ALL things LotR no matter how cheap or cheesy. (I'm not far behind on this one.)
2) She wanted an ornament with Elijah Wood involved in some way.

I, myself, wouldn't have bought the Frodo ornament. However, I would buy him if he came with a set of other character ornaments. That would have been very cool.
Friend_of_Legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2004 07:26
I just got the Frodo Ornament for Christmas and I love it!
Friend_of_Legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 06:39
There's a new LotR ornament at hallmark. This one's Gandalf the Grey.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email