Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
orthanc5
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post BBC
on: July 28, 2004 04:00
Yes, it's geeky, but does anybody love the way the BBC delivers news? I'm an American, so I like the way they look at our news unbiased, but what I like more is hearing what goes on in the world abroad. (They have cool accents too.)
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
Post RE: BBC
on: July 29, 2004 09:13
LOL well i live in the UK so i mostly watch BBC news anyway, i do like it- compared to our other news stations (ITV and channell 5 especially) they seem to be less biased, though there were problems recently with the government Vs the BBC when the BBC dropped a bit in my opinion...

Anyway yeah its cool, i like thier website too i often check the news online.

Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 10:43
I watch it....I think it's important to watch news broadcasts (if you can) that aren't being generated in your own country. Gives you a whole different perspective of world events
Plus, BBC has much better-looking anchors than we do in the U.S. (I think my husband is in love with Michelle Hussein )
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 04:46
oh that wasnt what i was talking about Ruby...

A while back there was a problem where the BBC and the government were up against each other in an enquiry, a scientist had killed himself after his name ended up in the public eye, the judge was trying to work out if the media or the government were at fault..... at that point the BBC got pretty bitter about the government and wrote some very very biased news reports.

Your right, no news station can be completely unbiased, i guess the BBC either biases things in the way i like or they take a tad more care than the other british TV channells... having never watched american or canadian news i cant really comment on those.
orthanc5
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 02:27
Okay, so I shouldn't have said unbiased, but what I meant was that they don't lean to an American politicol party as far as I have seen. Most of our news networks are liberal, and Fox is just messed up with their "Fair and Balanced" claim. A little tooo conservative. Anyway, I just listen to their radio broadcasts, so I don't know if their news anchors are good-looking
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 01:18
It's almost impossible for one to be totally unbiased but I hate it when networks try and act as though they are when they clearly are not! You're right, we've got examples in the US of shows that lean both ways but try to present themselves are though they are squeaky-clean and unbiased.
Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 08:58
I listen to the BBC whenever I can, but usually I have to listen to NPR, which is actually pretty un-biased, but I would have to say it's a little liberal leaning.
Yeah, I live in California, so again, it's hard to listen to it.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email