Register

Author Topic:
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post LotR costumes
on: October 22, 2002 06:51
With the halloween season coming up, I thought I would post this:
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/ It is a site devoted to costumes from LotR, and it may help if you are planning to dress up as something from Middle Earth.
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: LotR costumes
on: October 29, 2002 08:32
ooo thankee!!!!!
JaneGrey
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 09:37
I know this is a little late, but thanks! I was just getting ready to inquire about costumes!
Karin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 02:32
I think that site is the best! I've made my own versions of Arwen's chase-outfit and the blood-red dress thanks to that site.
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2003 10:21
I agree, that site is the best I've found yet. Karin, did you make the coat from the chase outfit? What material did you use? Did you embroider the collar? Thanks!
Karin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2003 06:33
For the Chase dress I used polyester fabric with a "suede-look" and made the collar of a crinkled fabric. I made the dress brown instead of grey but kept the original light-grey colour for the underskirt. (sorry if the spelling is wrong...)
Karin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2003 06:35
Is anyone else making a costume? It would be fun to know the progress
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2003 07:07
The only other thing I've made is a medieval gown for my prom. However, that was 5 years before the LotR movie and only loosely resembles anything Arwen wore. But, it did look pretty cool, not to toot my own horn or anything! :love:
Mirlomien
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 02:40
I've made several dresses and a cloak like the fellowship's. Sometimes I use a pattern, sometimes I don't. But I really want to make the shoes, does anybody know where to find directions for them? *runs off to check alley cat scratch*
Firstbourne
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2003 06:42
I love that site! I wish I had money to support myself in buying those kind of things. Gerr.. Must... get.... job...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email