Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Healer_of_Ithilien
Council Member
Send Message
Post Early Edition Fans?
on: August 30, 2004 03:19
I've recently started watching a show called Early Edition that is being re-run on the PAX channel after they canceled it in 2000, I believe... it is really good! The show's premise is that the main character, Gary, receives, mysteriously, tomorrow's newspaper, and he has to decide what to do with it, which ends up to be, changing the future.

Any other fans here?
Anthiriel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Early Edition Fans?
on: August 30, 2004 04:47
Me!Me! :disco:
I've always liked "Early edition",especially the mysterious kitty.And,of course,I liked Gary too I think the plot was a very good idea-I'm not sure if I saw all the series-does it actually end somehow?Do they explain anything about the newspaper?Does Gary wake up one day without receiving his newspaper?PLZ,tell me if you know.
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 09:52
I really liked that show and was really annoyed when it was canceled. I wish I had access to a station that was playing it again.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 10:05
I LOVE Early Edition! One of my favorite shows among many. I didn't watch it when it first aired but I started watching it later. At first I didn't know what was going on (that's why I hate finding out about a show and liking it when it's been on for two or three years) but they would show re-runs and then I caught up and became a loyal fan of it until the last episode.
Hehehe...the kitty was adorable! My favorite characters were Gary, Marissa and Chuck. I loved the friendship between them. Gary and Chuck were funny together and I always thought there was this chemistry between Gary and Marissa but their friendship never developed into anything romantic. Kind of wished that happened. It would have been something different. It's a great show and when I get the chance, I still watch it on PAX.
Lady_Nienna
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 07:30
I love Early Edition! I watched it from the start and was sad when they canceled it. It was such an interesting idea. I am very glad it is still on PAX.
AranelOfLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 10:45
I love Early Edition. I'm a little excited cuz the dude is going to be in King Kong. WooHoo! It reminds me of the newer show called Tru Calling.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 01:35
I love Early Edition. I'm a little excited cuz the dude is going to be in King Kong. WooHoo!

Do you mean Kyle Chandler who played Gary Hobson?
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2004 04:37
I used to watch this show all the time! Would tape it when I wasn't home even, and would watch them on nights noithing else worthy was on. I first tuned in because I recognized Kyle Chandler from his days in Vietnam on the show Tour of Duty.

I liked another show that was on about this time called The Pretender.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
AranelOfLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 02:29
I love Early Edition. I'm a little excited cuz the dude is going to be in King Kong. WooHoo!

Do you mean Kyle Chandler who played Gary Hobson?

yes, kyle chandler, that's the one. I read it in some magazine. I will try and look it up 4 you.
AranelOfLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 02:32
ah, here it is.

http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/view/13783?q=King+Kong&tn=12&ts=0

[Edited on 9/10/04 by AranelOfLorien]
Elentári_
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 04:00
I watch Early Edition!! I even watched it when it was new and now I still keep up with the re-runs *says this as show just finishes*

I also watch The Pretender. Boy...I watch all the old shows... :dizzy:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 07:28
I watch Early Edition!! I even watched it when it was new and now I still keep up with the re-runs *says this as show just finishes*

I also watch The Pretender. Boy...I watch all the old shows... :dizzy:
Yeah, I know what you mean Elentári_ (Welcome to Council of Elrond by the way). Its because there is little to inspire watching any new shows, and when they do happen to put on a new show I like, it gets cancelled right off. ... and no I'm not talking these plethora of reality shows.

Back to Kyle Chandler, he was one of the fresh-faced newbie privates in Baker Company in the last season of the Vietnam war series Tour of Duty. He was one of the few who lived, but was blinded on the second to the last show, and in the last show he portrayed the hardship a blind disabled veteran had coming home.

So he's going to be in King Kong eh? Cool!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 09:48
ah, here it is.

http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/view/13783?q=King+Kong&tn=12&ts=0

[Edited on 9/10/04 by AranelOfLorien]

I forgot to check this thread again. Thank you AranelOfLorien for posting the link!

~Maddy~
AranelOfLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 03:32
no prob bob
Vardagaladhiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 07:14
I used to watch Early Edition, but then it went off :sob: and I fell out of touch with it...... but it is really brilliant!!!I just love it!!!:heart::love::heart:
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2004 10:55
Oh-- I like that show, and try to catch the re-runs when I can!
AranelOfLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2004 05:09
I miss that show.... :sob:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email