Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
BelegCuthalion
Council Member
Send Message
Post Attn: Translators
on: October 03, 2004 01:51
having been using the Dragon Flame tool for Sindarin and really needing it for Quenya, i kind of took matters into my own hands. I originally meant it just for my personal use but i have decided to let the boards know. I have been tinkering with the Dragon Flame dictionaries and changed the English-Sindarin over to English to Quenya. This is not meant as an insult to the Sindarin Dragon Flame or its creator, I just happen to use Quenya more. If anyone may find it useful, PM me and i could e mail it to you.

Namaarie,
BelegCuthalion
Malinornë
FAQ Admin, Quenya Moderator & Eldameldë
Send Message
Post RE: Attn: Translators
on: October 05, 2004 09:24
This is great news! DragonFlame is an extremely handy program and using it is so much quicker than looking for words in the rtf wordlists. Much recommended!
BelegCuthalion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2004 06:51
Every body!!! I ve been having problems sending DF-Q to people with Hotmail accounts. If there is somewhere i could post it on this site or something, so everybody could have it, thatd be great, but i think thatd violate copywrite or something similar. Any suggestions???
BelegCuthalion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2004 07:20
would there be any major gripe by a moderator if i were to post dragon Flame - Q in the downloads section??? My e-mail is having a hissy fit over sending to certain accounts.

Malinornë
FAQ Admin, Quenya Moderator & Eldameldë
Send Message
on: October 16, 2004 04:36
Unfortunately, I don't believe we can make DragonFlame a download from CoE, as it would violate copyright, probably of both the wordlist author and the programme makers

The quickest solution would probably be if the people with hotmail accounts would get yahoo ones... they're free too, and I didn't have any problem with mine.

For a long-term solution, you could also try contacting the authors of DF and ask if they're interested in making the Quenya version available from their site (but then you might need a fuller version, complete with sources, so permission to use the wordlist would be good to have, too).

BelegCuthalion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2004 07:42
good idea...ill get on that as soon as i have the other side done...thats the part w/ sources and such
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email