Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post LotR crafts
on: October 30, 2002 05:05
I don't have a ton of money, so I tend to make my own "LotR merchandise". Out of Polymer Clay I have sculpted the entire fellowship, along with some others (collection still growing).I was wondering, what do you make based on LotR?
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: LotR crafts
on: October 30, 2002 05:35
Pipsqueak, that is SUCH a COOL idea! I don't have tons of money either...so I'm gonna use your idea if you don't mind! Pweez?

I paint china(cups, platesetc..), and I am going to paint a profile of Legolas on this little box lid, surrounded by intertwining leaves and his name written in them. I think this is cool because no one else will have one! I also designed my own shirt inspired by the Elvish dresses in the movie, sooo cute! :love:

Hey, would you take a pic of ur collection, and put it fan art?!:heart:

pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 30, 2002 05:55
soon as I get a camera, I will put pics of my really lousy artwork in...they are not realistic, and not based on the movie...they are cute, though. Sure you can do it, that's what this thread is for! Inspiriaton!
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2002 06:02
OH BOY! Great! Thou hast fired up the creativity in me, so I do thank you!:love:
M
Queen of Orc Killers
Send Message
on: October 30, 2002 06:34
Well I'm not very good at crafts so I make movies!
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: October 30, 2002 07:17
I also want a pic of your clay set for Last Homely House, pipsqueak! And BB, how come you haven't told me this before? I want to see your T-shirt for Garb, and your Legolas box for Diversities.

This is just the sort of thing I'm looking for, folks. Send all your wonderful crafty M-e things to me! Well, send pics of them anyway.
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2002 07:48
te he
i take pictures of my self and put it on one of the fellowship members heads, mar her:evil:

and i make me own TCG cards
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 30, 2002 07:54
btw, Scothia, would you like a "quick 'n dirty" lotr costume? I made it for halloween, and it takes maybe 5 minutes, and looks quite spiffy.
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2002 08:29
i got a large peice of wood from the woods and i carved it to look a little like Gandlaf's staff and me brother got one also te he
he plays Saruman
Syriana
Queen Of Rain
Send Message
on: October 30, 2002 09:40
Since lack off money is a problem, I have to solve everything in an artistic matter.
Meaning:I am trying(please note the word trying) to make my own unique drawings.
So far I got two(been working two months for those).
Maybe redecorating some of my little boxes is a next plan...ah well, will see about that.
Tanlaithwen
Orange Juice Fanatic
Send Message
on: October 30, 2002 10:17
I will speak for Mother Scothia (if she doesn't mind )
pipsqueak - a quick LOTR Halloween costume would be great! So far we have some info on costumes made by people who sew brilliantly, but some quick ones that anybody can create would be fantastic.
And the boxes - yay, the boxes, I love boxes! - any chance of a photo and some info on how you made them? I'd love to make a M-E-based box! :heart: to all creative peoples! Tan
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: October 30, 2002 02:01
Mother Scothia doesn't mind her very able assistant speaking for her in these matters.

Now, pipsqueak and everyone--show me the pictures!!!
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 30, 2002 02:19
*cringes, because her camera is not working*
soon! soon!
Syriana
Queen Of Rain
Send Message
on: November 01, 2002 02:26
If you want to know how to make LoTR-based boxes, it is pretty easy(if you call tourself creative).

First find a box with nothing of drawings on it, not available: no problem, just repaint in the colour that you like.

Then start making a sketch of wath you want to come on the box. When you like it redo it on special paper(I don't know the name anymore but you can get it in stores with a lot of drawing equipment) wich you can now put in black on the box. Just make sure you CANNOT MOVE THE PAPER(I ruined my first box like that). Next paint the drawing in the colours of your choice.

Like I said in the beginning,it is easy if you are a bit creative and handy with stuff like this.

When i finish one and have the opportunity to scan the pic, I will put it on the site.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: November 01, 2002 09:46
i got a large peice of wood from the woods and i carved it to look a little like Gandlaf's staff and me brother got one also te he
he plays Saruman

Send me a pic for LHH! Send me a pic for LHH!
tracy
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2003 09:14
Well I'm not very good at crafts so I make movies!

LOL I saw your Elrond one. It was so cool. You should put them up on the site.
When do you plan on making another?
Mirlomien
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 16, 2003 09:29
I've put kind of a different twist on that. Instead of making actual crafts to be like Lord of the Rings (although I've done a bit of that as well), I've equiped myself as if I were a 'Lord of the Rings reenactor'. For instance, I have this sewing kit I've put together that was originally for my historical reenacting, but looks just like something someone in Middle Earth would have, it has old fashioned scissors, needles, hawthornes (what people used to use to pin things together), and some other stuff. I've also made a 'tinder box' out of a Altoids tin. For these two things I may have spent five or six dollars. Its all historically accurate, and since quite a few of the cultures Tolkien created are a lot like those in our history, it works out pretty well. Sorry for rambling on like this, its just that rambling is about the only thing I do well. Anyway, those are a few of the things I have to go with my outfits.

[Edited on 1/17/2003 by Lakileawen]
Galenas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2003 02:13
I don't make anything, but I have a good friend who is quite talented with clay. She made a Smeagol that is quite remarkable. She made him hunching on a rock and holding a gold ring. His eyes.....some kind of plastic, are just great. She downloaded some pics to have as a model. (The real one keeps slithering away.) The hairs she placed individually are perfect. She placed the teeth individually as she could see them in pics.
Whatever kind of clay she uses, you bake in the oven when you are done with the sculpting.....to harden.
The finished product is about 14 inches high.
Just great.
Adastrea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2003 04:49
I do Tengwar Calligraphy (my spelling is most likely off!)
Adastrea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2003 02:17
And I can now add making a flag like the one Elrond has in the Art of the Fellowship of the ring book!(but with my own sign of course!)
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: March 09, 2003 01:23
I'd love to see a pic of that, Ad! Is that possible?
Adastrea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2003 12:41
Sure! Soon as its finished!(ran out of red sequins! Don't you just hate that)
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: March 10, 2003 08:28
Soon as you get your sequin supply replenished and finish your flag, please send me pics at [email protected] so I can post them in Last Homely House, okay? And a little write-up along with it would be great!

Also, please PM me when you do that, so I'll be sure to check the mail in a timely fashion.
morgana03
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2003 04:00
I know all about not having the money to spend on this addiction to LOTR. Also where I live finding LOTR items is VERY HARD!:cry::cry: so I had to start making my own things. Usually it's photos on stained plaques of wood that can hang on the wall. Very nice. Now, I can do T-shirts and pillows. I'm trying to figure out the right photo size for buttons but this new scanner and I are having some disagreements. I wish I was half as creative as all of you guys are.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email