Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
Post OOC ~ On the Shores of Mithlond
on: November 03, 2004 06:29
Situated in the Grey Havens (Mithlond), this is RP will be about Nayru – a singer of great talent. It will take place during the Third Age, when Sauron’s powers begin to grow. As the evil continues to gain power, Nayru grows into a hopeless despair. And she must do her part in seeing the Elves safely across the sea, and to do her part in preventing the dominion of the Dark Lord.

That’s the general idea of my RP, so other than that, it will be a Free RP, not a Scripted one. I don’t know what genre, exactly this will be. Time will tell as (or if) this RP unfolds, but there will likely be some form of romance.

If you wish to join, post here and provide a link to your character’s profile. All I ask is that you please write decent posts – no one-liners. At least one nice sized paragraph. And if you find that you are unable to post frequently enough, and wish to drop out of the RP, PM me please. Only Elves, please and I would prefer to have no more than 6-7 characters, including Nayru (none of Tolkien’s characters count).

This will be a Totally Tolkien RP. On the Shores of Mithlond will follow the events of when the Fellowship sets out from Rivendell until the crowning of King Elessar. Of course, there won’t be any characters from The Fellowship, but I will introduce one of Tolkien’s characters to give Cirdan the news from other countries in Middle-Earth.

Sound interesting? I'm of course, open to any suggestions you may have.

[Edited on 5/11/2004 by Lady~Eowyn]
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC ~ On the Shores of Mithlond
on: November 04, 2004 09:40
It sounds interesting. I would like to join as my character Daefirith if you don't mind. If you don't like him you can always check out my other characters.

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=826
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 02:02
Sillende, wonderful character. I think he'll be good for the RP. I've started the thread. Just thought I'd let you know and possible get some people interested.

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=19352
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 05:53
Your idea sounds good and I would like to join in if I may. I have a character named Erudú Lómion who would fit in quite well. There is a slight change in his history in Lorien that could be made if it doesn't fit in with your story line.

Link to Erudu Lómin bio
http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=4070
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 05:45
Hi Eowyn,
I was also looking for another interesting RPG, but I'm a bit unsure about what direction yours will take. You said its all at the time of the fellowship forming, but you won't allow the book characters. So what are we really doing? you said your charrie is helping other elves to pass into the west?? so what are WE supposed to Rp, f.e. my elf who's from Mirkwood. I just rp my travel to Mithlond and then your charrie helps mine to get on a ship to the west, then the rp is finished for me??

I'm sure there's more to it than that, *smiles* I just thought I let you know how your idea arrived in my brain, so please, feel free to brighten my horizont on that

I come from other LOTR rpgs where I mainly played book characters (mainly, Elrond, Legolas, Gandalf and Gimli) so I really enjoy trying to rp new situations and ideas and new side story according to the personality of a book character as introduced by Tolkien.

So, f.e. Elrond is in Rivendell when the fellowship arrives, but he could be anywhere else before they arrive and he could leave Imladris as well, after the Fellowship departed from there, sooooo.... *grins broadly* couldn't I play Elrond for you??

If you don't want book character involvement then I fully understand, and not to worry, I have 2 made up elves myself, a female and a male (brothers and sisters) so I'd like to join, if you just tell me more about our side of the story. As I said, I love to rp and I love to get involved in the story, but I'm not keen on having to rp just by my plain old self. I really do love interaction between all charries. How do you feel about that?

Lady Eowyn, I do fully and totally agree with you and your ONE-liner post-horror! since years I'm fighting them *laughs* not made by me but by others. I totally agree one good sized paragraph is a minimum. Don't we all have enough imagination to come up with that much? I should think so.

[Edited on 5/11/2004 by Elebridith]
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 05:53
oops!! I forgot my the link you requested:

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=4124

this is a pic of Elebridith's brother Thiliachîn Lûayanna

the story goes very much for him as well. In personality he is quieter than Elebridith, the typical, calm, gentle, deep, studious, wise elven kind.

Thats his pic: http://www.tuggerine-cats.de/images/drawing-thiliachin.jpg

I made him up before even the LOTR-movies came out, when I joined any kind of Fantasy RPG... so he's a bit diffrent from Elebridith, still they're brother and sister.

Ireth_elfmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 06:01
Oh Lady E, putting some serious consideration into joining your RP. But I have to think hard on if I can take on another seeing as I already have 5 or 6 others I am involved in.

If I do join, I will use Maethoriel and her betrothed, Dordhaeron. Both are in the database. Maethoriel is also a singer, and Dordhaeron is a salior.

Will let you know what I decide when I decide it.

(Sillende and Barahir, nice to see you two again. Boy Barahir, I think if I joined this it would make like 4 that we are in together right now.)
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 01:24
Wow, I wasn't expecting such a big pile of "work" when I came back. You all are welcome to join. I do hope you join Ireth. But it's up to you.

I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear in my post Elebridith. I meant that it will follow the events as they take place in the books. I didn't mean that there can't be any of Tolkien's characters in the books. Cirdan will definately be in the story, but I meant that there will be messengers that come to Mithlond to give news of the Fellowship's progress, yada yada yada. I hope that clears things up for you?

But for my character Nayru, she doesn't actually see them safely across the sea she will be the entertainer, if you will, and makes the Elves stay at Mithlond enjoyable. Your characters won't be sailing into the West, unless you so choose for them to do so. Of course, it's also there for you if you ever feel you need to drop out. Convenient, eh?

Again I apologize for not making myself more clear.

Barahir, your character is fine. I won't make you change his history. It's no big deal to me.

Elebridith, I would prefer if Elrond stays out of it for the most part as I want to try to stay as true to the books as possible. But if you want to introduce him sometime, I'm fine with that. And I'm sure that whatever characters you want to play will be fine with me.

[Edited on 5/11/2004 by Lady~Eowyn]
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 01:51
I see, I see, Lady Eowyn, so we just kinda meet in Mithlond and just rp there, like receiving news, discussing things, making arrangements, whatever comes up. Ok, no problem.

And about Elrond, well is it not true to the book if he's in Imladris while the fellowship forms? Tolkien never stated what he did right after they left....

But its ok, I really do have enough rpgs where I can play Elrond, Legolas, Gandalf and Gimli...I don't have to here. If its ok for you I might play both, Elebridith and her brother Thiliachîn..... you'll let us know when you start won't you?

Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 02:28
Here's the link: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=19352
Ireth_elfmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 08:27
*throws up hands* Oh heck why not. I'm game, count me in. My others are not so demanding that I would need post everyday, and I think one or two are fading away slowly, though I hope they really don't.

Alright, I will be playing

Maethoriel another singer and story teller. She is very much like Nayru.

and Dordhaeron who is betrothed to Maethoriel and sails the ships from the harbors to the Undying Lands.

Happy to be here
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 01:19
Awesome. Great to have ya Ireth.

Elebridith, did you chracters come knocking on my character's door (Nayru)? Sorry I'm confused, but you mispelled my characters name. I want to clear that up before I post.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 01:48
ooh L-Eowyn, I didn't see your post here, yes, its you I meant, I'm sorry, I got confused with another character in another thread who's name was Narya... pardon me... I hope it was ok that my charries knocked on your door. I didn't know how to get myself introduce to the rest of you, who all seem to know each other.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 06:08
Glad to see your on board Ireth_elfmaiden.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 11:01
L-Eowyn, I hope I haven't included too much of the RING-history in my last post, I tried to keep it fitting with your idea of your story, you mentioned the third year and you mentioned Sauron beginning to gain power, so I gathered if we are at the start of him gathering power again, then the ring must have appeared again. I wasn't sure how far back you wanted to go, so I tried to set my post in a way so it would fit in with Bilbos birthday party up to Frodo's leaving the shire. I think this should be about alright, because if couldn't be much further back, since Bilbo found the ring on his way to Mirkwood or rather lonely mountains.

I'm just saying that cause I encluded my elves having met Bilbo when he came with the dwarves. Once Bilbo returned home the Ring had truely appeared. As far as I know the power of the ring while still with Gollum was giving Sauron only little strength cause GOllum stayed hidden underground most of the time.

considering that, it would be possible for my elves meeting a group of elves leaving for Mithlond in the old Forest as Frodo and his friends did.

But If you think I got your idea totally wrong tell me so, I can always edit my post, cause I didn't want to take anything away that you might have still planned.

I really like your story and I do hope that the other players, who don't know me yet will accept me in their midst. Its always difficult for a new player to enter a group of players that already have formed some kind of friendship. I do really enjoy group-rp very much, so please, would you all enclude my charries??

Meneg hennaid!!
*bows head with right hand above heart*
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 11:28
That was just fine Elebridith. I was thinking that this would be set when Frodo inherits the One Ring. A little before Gandalf informs Frodo he is, indeed, the one carrying the ring of power. So uou were in the right ballpark.

I know what you mean entering a role-play when relations are already established. I'll do my best to make your characters feel welcome, and I do know everyone else will do their best as well. *wink wink*

EDIT: I don't know if anyone thought of it (not as if it's really hard to think of ) but Elebridith, you characters could meet up with Erudú Lómion. Of course, as long as Barahir doesn't mind. That would be a start, seeing as how they both just arrived in Mithlond.

[Edited on 7/11/2004 by Lady~Eowyn]
Ireth_elfmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 09:24
Well, the only one I somewhat know prior is Barahir, and only just recently because we happen to be in a number of other threads together at this moment.

And, of course, I am always excited to be in RPs with new people.

I have no time to post now, but I will get one up within the next 24 hours. But now it is off to bed for me as it is after 2 am this very moment where I am.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2004 07:33
Well, you all sound really nice and I thought it would really work to get me into your story. I had hoped your charries would let my charries stay at their house so that my charries would hear what Nayru is talking about to Daefirith which I thought would have been a good way in...but then your charries just turned mine away and sent them to a tavern L-Eowyn, and I'm left to myself again, since Erudú is already involved with the singing Lady and he's staying at Cirdan's house. So I can't meet him neither.

I would have to leave my charries at the tavern, then stop rping until the rest of you bring the day to an end and start another one. And then you all will have advanced so much with your story, that I wouldn't fit in anymore.

Sorry, maybe its just my fault that I have the feeling I'm not introduced into your story, I guess I thought someone would make up a reason for my charries turning up and I would be integrated in the story somehow instantly, I'm used to this way of rping.... but I understand that you have a diffrent style, which is fine of course.

Thanks anyway

[Edited on 10/11/2004 by Elebridith]
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: November 11, 2004 02:00
Hey, in regard to my last post I'd appreciate it if no one approaches my character [Nayru] while she is out at the harbour. I had idea but I had to run it by someone to see if it was okay. I wouldn't want anyone to come up with a nice post and then I had to ask you to delete it because I had something planned...

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I decided it would be better if this was a slightly semi-scripted RP than a free one. I have some ideas that I want to bring up when the time comes. I hope no one has a problem with this... (or my control freakishness ). But other than that I am still fine with whatever ideas you may have. And if you're not sure run them by me or here in this thread. Great RPing with all of you.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: November 14, 2004 01:46
Alrighty, I just needed to get my post out of the way. So if you want to approach or follow Nayru and/or Maethoriel go right ahead.
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 03:32
Sign me up scotty, if its not too late.

I'd like to join up as .... emmm.... *flips through characters* now this is the problem when you have like...7 characters....okay.

I'd like to play as Alassë(I leave fer 10-15 months and 4 Alassë's pop-up! Confusion galore!). Her character profile can be found here:http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=1072

Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 02:10
Well, I think, at the time being, I have less than 6 characters because one RPer dropped out. So, you are welcome to join.
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 12:53
have posted
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email