Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Friend_of_Legolas
Council Member
Send Message
Post 2005 action figures
on: November 28, 2004 03:15
Does anyone know what figures from Lord of the Rings will be out in stores 2005?
All that I've heard is Galadriel (Transfixed) and 22 inch Balrog.
Just wondering.
Lillith_Phoenix
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: 2005 action figures
on: November 29, 2004 08:39
There's a site that has pics of all of the 2005 figures including the Transfixed Galadriel, Denthor, Theodred, Transfixed Bilbo, Gondorian Guard amongst others.

www.toywiz.com

I have my eye on a lot of those figures. I just need more shelve space. lol
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 12:11
Toywiz is a good place to see pics, but I sure wouldn't buy from them -- the prices are crazy! So many other sites are better. My current favourite is Action Figures Express.

I've seen a few action figures scheduled to be released in January. Why January? Why wouldn't the manufacturers take advantage of the EE release date, not to mention Christmas? I am stumped!

presage
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 03:53
That makes 2 of us..stumped, I mean. I expected a bunch of new figures for Christmas, and all I find are those d*** Gollums.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Friend_of_Legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 11:03
I just went to Toywiz and found that you can pre-order a bunch of new figures for this year. They all come with terrian bases and some have sound!
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 11:11
Many of the new figures can be pre-orderd at Amazon.com at a fraction of the ridiculous prices charged by toywiz. In the Search box selected "Toys", type "Lord of the Rings toy biz" in the box below that, then press the "Go!" button.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 08:44
Only prob with amazon's pre-orders is that they go quick. I had a bunch of the pre-orders that came out in Jan. on my wish list and intended to order them after Christmas and by the time I had the money they were gone. Some weren't in stock anymore and some were not listed on the site at all. I still check about once a week to see if they got anymore but not so far. They do have ones now that you can pre-order that come out in May I beleive. Amazon has great prices and resonable shipping. If you are going to pre-order do it now before they are gone.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 02:32
Best thing to do with Amazon is when you anticipate a new series coming out is to check their site every day. Unfortunately, even that is no guarantee.

I pre-ordered Isildur in early December, only to find out two months later that they had exhausted their stock and were not able to obtain any more.

My guess is that someone pre-ordered a large quantity of them so that they could turn around and sell them at a profit. :angry:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email