Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
Post Banners from Mystic Caravan
on: December 22, 2004 09:06
Hey all, I've just ordered the coronation banner form the return of the king! I hope it looks good. If anyone else has this baner or something form the same site tell me so I know the quality of the product. Thanks
presage
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Banners from Mystic Caravan
on: December 30, 2004 09:58
I've ordered several banners, but they come from the Fan Club site and are made in Germany by Flaggen Pehl. The quality is very good, particularly the Rohan flag. I am still waiting for a couple of them that were apparently back-ordered (although the site took my money immediately LOL).

They are all very large/long and I still haven't figured out how to display them in my house. A cousin of mine is a master quilter and I've thought of sending the flags/banners to her to make an LOTR quilt. Just not sure if I want them altered in any way.

How will you display yours?

presage
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2004 10:05
p.s. Just took a look at the mystic caravan site and it appears the banners are from the same company in Germany -- the pics look exactly like the ones I have. Check out the Fan Club site -- you may get a better price on future banners.
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 08:52
Wow, the Arwen Coronation one is really pretty. I also like the Lothlorien one as well. One that is my favorite is one that they don't sell. It is the one banner hanging in Arwen's room while Elrond gives her the vision of her furture. It has a boat on it. Very pretty. Bummer they don't have it.
Hiraeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 01:04
That is my favorite too, the one in Arwens bedroom. I hope somone makes it. I have the Elrond (silver thorn) and Lothlorien banners which are nice and look good on the wall.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 11:47
Ok,, I know this sounds stupid, but ... where is the Fan Club site? Thanks !
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 03:31
Ok,, I know this sounds stupid, but ... where is the Fan Club site? Thanks !
Lord of the Rings Fan Club

Be warned that, at least from my experience, their customer service is TERRIBLE! I ordered the Arwen Coronation Banner on 6/6/2004 and have not yet received it, nor have they responded to my emails. There also is seemingly no way to cancel an order once it has been placed. Caveat emptor!

Normally I would have ordered this item through The Mithril Armoury, who provide fantastic customer service and excellent prices, but they had sold out of them. I also learned from TMA that there was some production problems with the Arwen Banner, but that was long ago and the banner has since been released.

I purchased the Aragorn Banner through TMA and it is indeed a nice item.
kunamagreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 03:10
hmm..the mithril armoury is getting a new shipment of arwen coronation banners, and these are the symmetrical ones, in anyone's interested, just ordered mine
i live in china though, hope that won't be a problem..
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email