Register

Author Topic:
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
Post John Denver: For young and old
on: December 28, 2004 11:22
Hey all! I'm a big fan of John Denver, newly converted
I was just wondering if anyone else on CoE is a fan too.
Right now I'm listening to my favorite song, Rocky Mountain high:love:
So if you want, you can come here and talk about this wonderful person. Thanks!
www.councilofelrond.com/members/SilverLoom07/
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: John Denver: For young and old
on: December 28, 2004 03:23
I have one of cd's and enjoy listening to it. My favourite song has always been Calypso.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 04:59
Oh I knw, Calypso is awesome. I like his yodeling, it's a lost art.
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 05:20
I have his "Greatest Hits" on cassette. I love John Denver's music. I mostly like classic rock so my friends always think I'm joking when I admit I like John Denver. There's just something very sweet and comforting about his music. It reminds me of my childhood growing up in the 70's. I love "Starwood in Aspen" and "Follow Me" and "Rocky Mountain High." I remember that "Take Me Home, Country Roads" was one of the first songs I ever really like when I was a kid.
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 07:52
I always loved his music too. [/i]Annie's Song[i] and, strangely, [i][/i]Grandma's Feather Bed" spring instantly to mind, but I was a huge fan of most if not all his music. I liked the silly Christmas movie he made about an endangered small town, even though it was corny to the extreme. I was really saddened when he died but at least he went out doing something he loved.
faramirsmyman
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 10:30
i love john denver. all my friends think i'm wierd because i'm so young and can appreciate his music. my favorite song is "rhym and reason."
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 06:10
Wow, lots of people like John. Since I'm new, I haven't heard some of the songs you guys have posted. I'll have to find more cds with a variety of different songs.
eldir
Mirkwood Enigma
Send Message
on: December 30, 2004 01:28
I adore John Denver. I have a few things of his...and I don't think there's anything I've heard from him that I don't like. I'd like more stuff, really...must go shopping soon...
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2004 02:49
Just a little something John Denver fans might find interesting. Being a native Marylander, I can tell you that the Baltimore Orioles have played John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" during the 7th inning stretch for nearly 30 years! Management tried to introduce another song some years back but the fans revolted!
faramirsmyman
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 05:50
that's awesome countrygirl!!!
RiverWoman
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 05:36
I've loved John Denver since the 70s. Hubby makes fun of me for listening to my old vinyl LPs but the kids love the music too. It really is uplifting and appeals to all ages.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email