Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
Post Horse-Phobia
on: January 07, 2005 05:35
OOC-This story takes place in the land of Rohan before the WOTR. It's based on a real life experience. I was bitten by a horse about five or six years ago, and I'm not scared of them but I'm not entirely comfortable around them. My character Lenneth is terrified of horses and she happens to land in Rohan. Someone needs to play Eomer and Eowyn if there are no volunteers then I can play them.

Lenneth awoke with the strange taste of grass and dirt in her mouth. She was face down on the floor.

"What the? How did I get here?" She slowly lifted her head and saw a wagon driving away. The two drivers laughing at Lenneth's misfortune. She placed her head back on the ground and tried to remember what had happened.

"Ok let's see. I walked into that strange town. There were no inns and I decided to sleep in...in....a wagon full of hay. They must have discovered me and thrown me off. Well at least they didn't take my weapons." Her hand slowly went down to the hilt of her sword, then she heard the most terrifying sound. Worse than the horrible screeching of a Nazgul. The sound of hooves ran through the air and they were getting louder. Lenneth didn't dare look up. The sound stop, but Lenneth's heart beat as loud as a thunderstorm. She knew that the horse was right behind her.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Horse-Phobia
on: January 07, 2005 11:40
OOC- I will play Eowyn if ya don't mind!! Hope this little scenario I made works out with yours

*Eowyn was sitting on the steps below the thrown of King Theoden. She watched him as he stared blankly at the floor looking too decrepit for his age. She wanted to cry but held it back. Just then, a soldier came to here. "My Lady, Lord Eomer is just arriving." Eowyn nodded and dismissed him. "Thank you," she said as she stood and made for the doors of the Golden Hall. She stepped outside onto the stone porch above the steps paying no mind to the guards on either side of the doors. She stepped up to the edge and stared out beyond the gates of Meduseld as Eomer and his company rode up to the town.

The wind tossled Eowyn's long blonde hair and flowing white dress. She stood there silentl, as she always did watching with somber eyes as her brother came to and fro from battles or expeditions. All of a sudden, something caught her attention. A girl outside the town running from the riders. Eowyn strained to see the girl better but she was to far. "Bema!" she called. The soldier hurried to her. "Bema, please go and see to that girl outside the gates. Bring her to me for I wish to speak with her. Be kind to her for she seems frightened." With that the soldier bowed and ran towards the gates out of town.**
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 06:44
Eomer rode swift ahead of the large group, all mounted on mighty horses traveling at vicious speeds. The hooves, as they made contact with the dirt, seemed to make the ground shake and tremble. How his heart jumped as the sight of his land came into view, too long had he been away.
He stared forward but quickly pulled his horse to a swift and sudden halt making the horse stumble. Before the horse's front hooves was the small figure of a girl. The other riders rode past him at command and once all of them had passed, he slowly climbed down from his mount and stared directly at the girl.
From behind him, his horse, Hir stomped and whinnied loudly in impatience. With a loud snort, he reared upwards twice then remained still, except for occasional stomps.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 09:05
*Eowyn sighed with relief when she could see that Eomer had noticed the girl and stopped. Bema was almost to them and she could see Eomer talking with the girl, who also looked relieved that the company of riders had stopped. Eowyn wisked away inside the hall. She found of her hand maidens and bid her to ready a bath and room for the girl. Eowyn went back out to the balcony and waited for everyone to reach Golden Hall.**
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 11:35
Karlen pulled up her horse behind Eomer. Her dark hair cascaded down her back and she wore a frown. The dark stallion she rode was equally upset. "What are you doing, Eomer?" she demanded. Her tone was brisk, but not as harsh as her face would have suggested. Not getting a response, she swung down off her horse and walked over to where Eomer was bending over the girl. "What happened?" she asked Lenneth. Her face was imposing--the face of one who knows the best way to get a job done.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 02:53
(Welcome one and all. The ~ means she's thinking to herself.)

Lenneth hands over her head heard a rider dismount. He said nothing, but his horse was clearly angry about something. With each stomp Lenneth jumped. Things couldn't get any worse,but they did. A new rider arrived and she seemed just as angry and impatient as the horses.

~"Lenneth you must face your fears. Just turn around. Take it one step at a time. Ok? Ok."~

Lenneth crawled a few steps away from the riders and then slowly and shakily got up. She slowly turned and the minute she saw the two horses, fear overwhelmed her and she ran into the city. The gates were open because of the company that had just ridden in. The moment she stepped in she knew where she was. The streets were filled with dozens of horses. This could only be the land of Rohan. Her hands became sweaty and the world began to spin. Darkness overcame her and that's all she remembered. She had fainted.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 08:39
*Eowyn made a small gasp of concern as she watched the girl faint just within the city gates. She grabbed up her skirts with her hands and ran down the steps and over to the girl where she dropped her knees next to her. Eowyn felt the girls pulse and then laid a hand on her forehead. Everything felt normal. This girl was just literally almost frightened to death. Eomer and Karlen were riding into the city and towards them when Eowyn shouted and motioned for them not to come any closer.

"Eomer, something is scaring the life out of this girl and I think it's the horses. Bema, help me carry her to a room. I dont think she needs healing. Only rest and perhaps a warm meal. Bema hurried over and helped Eowyn lift and carry the girl. They took her into the hall and to the room prepared for her. As they laid her on the bed, Eowyn dismissed Bema. "Thank you for your help. You may go." Bema bowed just before he walked out. "Of course my Lady." Eowyn was starting to pull off the girl's boots when a maid came in.

"Ah, Theowen. I am glad your here. Please, come help me. We need to remove her dusty clothing before we settle her into bed." The maid nodded and came forth beginning to undue the belt. The only stripped the girl to her small clothes for the sake of her own privacy. Eowyn then tucked her into the blankets and brushed the hair away from the girl's face with a smile. She then motioned for the hand maiden to follow and the two left the room.**
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 10:23
Karlen nudged her horse closer to Eomer's. "Afraid of horses?" she echoed incredulously. "Why would the little rogue be afraid of the meras?" Karlen seemed beside herself with anger, but something in her eyes suggested it was more than that. Swinging off her stallion, the woman whispered in the horse's ear. Her mount nodded and trotted off, toward the stables. Turning to regard Eomer, Karlen said, "Where is your sister's room? I think I may have an idea for this foreigner." She spoke the word with such ferocity one might not have guessed she was more farmiliar with Lenneth's situation than someone would expect.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 02:21
Eomer shook his head roughly as the girl took to a ran into the city where she soon fainted. "Odd that one," he murmered before looking to Karlen. "My sister's room? I can show you quickly but first let me hear of your idea..." He eyed her with curiousity as he sent Hir trotting off.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 02:42
"Nay, Eomer." Karlen shook her head. "This is for Starband and I to sort out." She looked again at the city. Her dark hair whipped over her shoulder and caught the light, looking like black-gold. Turning to Eomer she said, matter-of-factly, "The girl is afeared of horses. I think I can herlp her with that. Just let me try."
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 05:29
He stared at Karlen, long and hard. It would be no use to agrue with her and he knew that quite well from past experiences. With a sharp exhale of breath and a rough shake of his head, he finally agreed. "Fine, do what you must. If ever you need help, you'll know where I be."
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 10:16
"Then pray show me where your sister's room are. I must speak with Eowyn." Karlen frowned to herself, wondering yet again who this stranger was that had just appeared at Edoars.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 03:09
"Then follow as quick as you can," He frowned and lead Karlen about the winding halls, zig zagging about the large crowds of king's men. After only a few minutes, they came to a door as he looked back to Karlen. "This is my sister's room. I am not sure if she is in right yet but you are allowed to go in and wait for her." He bows his head slightly and opens the door.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 10:03
Karlen nodded curtly to Eomer and walked into Eowyn's chambers to wait for her to come. She looked around, seeing the beautiful and intricate works of art displayed proudly on the fine walls. Horse figures and horse-embossed weaponry were everywhere in the chamber. One sword in particular caught the Rider's eye. Karlen scooped it up--it was housed in a fine scabbard and was of even finer make. Her hand trembling slightly, Karlen drew the sword, gasping as an ebony blade came out to meet the light. Tilting the blade so the inscription caught the light, Karlen read, Truth to hold, friendship bold. Flame of worth, lacking mirth. Beware the setinent sword.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 10:39
*Eowen saw Eomer leading Karlen to her room from a distant hallway. She was sure they were concerned with the girl that was afraid of horses. Eowyn gathered her skirts and hurried to her room. Upon entering the room, you found Karlen holding a gazing in awe at a sword. Eowyn said nothing but walked over to the bed and grabbed a folded blanket that was sitting on top of it. "I knew i had left this in here somewhere." The sudden sound of her voice seemed to startle Karlen. Eowyn nodded and smiled at her. "Don't worry. I know how captivating that blade is. It still brings brightness to my eyes and chills in my spine. Was there anythign you needed?"**
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 10:13
"I knew I had left this somewhere." The sudden voice startled Karlen out of her trance. Hurridly turning, the Rider let the blade she carried drop to the floor. Blushing slightly, the normally in control woman bent to pick it up again. "I was...preoccupied," she said hesitantly. "But, I do need to speak with the girl Eomer brought back," she said, more decisively. Her tone was more matter-of-fact again as she let herself slip back to the present and the task at hand. Slipping the black blade back into its scabbard, Karlen offered it back to Eowyn. "It is a finely made sword," she said, somewhat lamely. On an impulse, she asked, "Do you know what the inscription means?" She drew the sword forth and let it catch the light. In confusion, Karlen turned the sword over. The runes were no longer there. It was just a blank sword--unremarkable save the fact it was still black as night. Lifting her eyes to meet Eowyn's belittling gaze, Karlen said, almost pleadingly, "But, the words were just there!" Eowyn's scrutinous look made Karlen begin to doubt herself, but the words were in her mind. "Truth to hold, friendship bold, flame of worth, lacking mirth," she whispered. "Beware the sentient sword."
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 05:52
Eomer nodded to himself as Eowyn brushed past him. Even as they talked he remained ta the door, being sure no arguement would take place between Eowyn and Karlen.

With no sound of arguement, he smiled and walked down the halls until he made his way to the King's Hall. He spent a long while there, watching over Theoden King as Grima sat crouched near him.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 06:21
Lenneth had been left alone in her room. She awoke in a comfortable bed. Her traveling clothes lay on a chair nearby.

"It was just a horrible nightmare." The sound of neighing and hooves rang through the air. She ran to her window and to her disbelief, she was indeed in Rohan. Home of the Horse-Lords.

"Of all the places in the world, why did I have to land in this one. Oh well I'm alone and maybe I can make a run for it." She dressed quickly and peeked out her door to make sure there were no guards. Seeing that the halls were empty she made a run for it.

She ran through the halls coming to a dead end every time. She passed by an open doorway and recognized one of the two voices to be the impatient woman she had met outside. She turned quickly but bumped into a table and knocked it over. She knew they had heard her and she would be caught and forced to stay. She didn't wait for the door to open, but ran down the hall.

She stumbled into the Golden Hall. The old and worn king sat on his throne with some sort of snake-like person sitting next to him, whispering things in his ear. All noticed the presence of Lenneth. Men in dark robes ran towards her and grabbed her tightly by the arms. Eomer had already left the hall, but returned at the sound of a struggle.

"Let me go !!! I have done nothing to deserve such treatment. I came to your lands on accident. Believe me when I say, I would rather be somewhere else. Release me!!!!"
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 09:35
*Eowyn watched Karlen's confused eyes as she looked for the words on the blade. She was about to say something when she heard a girl yell.

"Let me go!"

Eowyn turned and ran out of the room and followed the still forthcoming shouts. She slid to a stop in the Great Hall only to find the very girl she had been caring for man-handled by some of Grima's henchmen. "Release her the instant!" Eowyn screamed fiercely. The two men in dark clothes let go suddenly. She dismissed them with a flick of her hand and shot a deadly glare at Grima. Eowyn then turned back to the girl and took her by the hand before she could scurry off.

Eowyn led the girl back to the room she had ran from and shut the door. "Please, sit. Now, I am very sorry for your treatment by those men. They are not true men of Rohan. Anyway, I see you have a fear of horses, but I don't see why you fear Rohan's people. We don't want to hurt you or even keep you here. I just wanted to make sure you were not injured. The least you can do is continue this talk with me and you are free to go," Eowyn finished with a soft face.**
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 11:56
Karlen's face was anything but soft. It was hard and cold, like ice and her features were sharp as a newly ground sword. There also rested a smile upon her lips, though devious and malicious it was.

Turning to Eowyn, she said, "Starband and I have a little buisness to attend to. Will you excuse me, my lady? A certain snake needs seeing to." Karlen's eyes were bright and the smile turned into a vicious grin as Eowyn nodded.

The woman lept to her feet and slipped out of the halls, silent as a shadow. Once she was free of the Golden Hall, Karlen sought Eomer. Seeing him, she called out, "Eomer! Have you seen the worm, as of late?" Her mocking tone fully indicated she was referring to Grima.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 06:18
Eomer left the hall-only momentarily when he heard the loud scream of a girl. "Oh for crying aloud..." He swiftly returned to the hall only to see Eowyn already there and comforting the frightened girl. He stiffly shook his head and retreated back out only to find himself standing before Karlen.

"I last saw him slithering to Theoden King, poisining him. But since the girl broke the silence, he has soon disappeared. I could help you hunt down the beast if you would like."
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 06:06
Lenneth was quickly released on the order of a fair golden haired woman. As she was led away, she looked into the face of an old, tired man atop the throne, and a cruel-eyed man whispering some foul thing in his ear before departing.

"Please, sit. Now, I am very sorry for your treatment by those men. They are not true men of Rohan. Anyway, I see you have a fear of horses, but I don't see why you fear Rohan's people. We don't want to hurt you or even keep you here. I just wanted to make sure you were not injured. The least you can do is continue this talk with me and you are free to go," Eowyn finished with a soft face.

"Forgive me for my childish behavior, but I cannot help fearing those creatures. I do not expect you to understand because you are of Rohan. The people of this country love horses as much as they love their families, though i do not see why. And you are right. I have no reason to fear Rohan's people, but tell me your name. Tell me about the aged man sitting atop the throne. Last I heard the King of Rohan was still young, but it seems time has worn him down before his time."
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 07:37
*Eowyn listened to the words of the strange girl. Fear and dislike horses? THe daughter of kings did find it very hard to understand. She wanted to make some sense of it though. "Our horses are the best in the land. UPon their backs they have helped us build a nation, a kingdom. In time, the horses have earned our respect and reverence. It is hard for me to be empathetic to this fear of yours but I am very curious. Did you have a bad experience? Well, no matter. Rohan is fading especially with the decrepit state of King Theoden. He is my uncle and was once and strong and good king. His little minion, the vie snake tht had men seize, continues to whisper in Theoden's ear. He evers poisons the mind of the king and conveys all he wants the king to say. This is my theory and there is not much I can do." Eowyn finished with a very somber face. She wanted to cry again, but held fast.**
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 10:14
Karlen returned to the room as Eowyn finished speaking. Her eyes gleamed savagely and a strange, almost demonic smile lit her face.

"He's going to be out cold for at least a half-day," she said with satisfaction while looking at Eowyn. "That should teach him to keep his filthy hands to himself."

Reverting her gaze to the girl who had fallen, Karlen said brusquely, "I think you should come with me." Looking at Eowyn, she added, "With you permission, my lady."

At Eowyn's nod, Karlen set off, motioning for Lenneth to follow her.

Karlen's swift pace soon brough her to the gates of Edoras. She stood there, waiting (not so) patiently for Lenneth to reach her. "Look down there," she commanded when the girl reached her. Lenneth did so, her eyes widening in awe and respect of the wild and unforgiving beauty that was Rohan.

"I want you to meet someone," Karlen said quietly. She opened the gates and stepped forward, Lenneth a few steps behind. Once the girl had cleared the gate's entrance, Karlen closed it.

The Rider whistled high and piercing. A strong whinny met her summons and Starband, the night-black, desceptively delicate looking stallion pounded into view, his mane flowing and tail waving looking for all the world like the kingly beast he was.

"This is Starband," Karlen told Lenneth. The stallion kept his distance, though he insisted on showing off before the newcomer. "He is the wilderness of Rohan itself. Get to know him."

The Rider gave Lenneth a small shove in the direction of the stallion, refusing to let the girl's phobia get in the way at this moment.

(Wow. long post. i don't usually do such long ones... LadyYavanna, hope you don't mind me moving Len so fast )
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 03:31
Lenneth was cornered. She felt behind her and to her relief she found a latch. She turned it hard, the door opened, and she ran outside, but she did not make it far.

There was a magnificent light approaching from the West. It traveled with great speed, and was kind of blinding. The bright light took the shape of a brilliant white horse. It was so beautiful. Lenneth remained grounded as the Rohan woman approached from the stables, but Lenneth did not turn. The horse was beautiful and drew her attention. It stopped a distance off and began to trot around the field.

"Tell me, who is this great beast?"

OOC-It's Shadowfax not Snowmane
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 10:32
OOc// What do you say we get this thing up and running again?

Karlen stared in awe as the Lord of Horses crested the hill. Even Starband stopped his prancing to bow before the pure white light that was the stallion, Shadowfax.

"That's Shadowfax," Karlen whispered to Lenneth. "He's the Lord of all Horses. I never expected to see him so close to Rohan; he generally avoids all of us. Unless," she paused before speaking in a slightly higher voice, "he came to see you, Lenneth."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email