Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
beren821
Council Member
Send Message
Post Help please
on: January 28, 2005 05:12
I just downloaded Dragonflame 2.0 and when it comes up it won't show any words. Can anyone tell me how to fix it or recommend something similar to DF? I remember seeing that CoE had their own but I can't find it now. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

God Bless,

~Beren~
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
Post RE: Help please
on: January 28, 2005 07:33
Hello Beren,

you can find the dictionary under Languages > Studying Elvish Tools, or here (http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Dictionary&file=index).

Fíriel
beren821
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 11:30
Thanks, that'll help when I'm online, but is there anything I can download other than DragonFlame, that I can use offline?

God Bless,

~Beren~
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 01:52
Actually, you can export and save the COE Dictionary to your computer - both English>Sindarin and Sindarin>English. - And, it is based off DragonFlame - so you're getting the same thing.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
beren821
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 04:41
Sorry if I'm being annoying but how do you do that? Save them to your computer that is? Could you go step by step through it? Thanks for your help.

God Bless,

~Beren~
Naneth
Elvish 101 Moderator
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 05:17
Beren821, I am going to upload a condensed version of CoE's Sindarin dictionaries to the Resource page. It will print out on 61 pages (instead of 146 if you download using the "export" button on the dictionary page). It won't have any less words in it, but there won't be any spaces between definitions and there are a few edits and corrections to this version. It should be up very soon.
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 07:37
Sorry if I'm being annoying but how do you do that? Save them to your computer that is? Could you go step by step through it? Thanks for your help.

As Naneth said, she'll soon be uploading a condensed version, but if you can't wait (and intend to use the Tolkien Language Dictionaries on the computer when offline, not printed):

1. Go to the appropriate section; e.g. English to Sindarin. You'll see a link, 'Export This Volume'. Click on it.

2. Then you'll see a button, 'Export Entire Volume'. Click on it.

3. The browser will then load a page which contains all the words in that volume and which is ready to save to your computer.
Naneth
Elvish 101 Moderator
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 07:47
You can now download the CoE dictionary in updated, condensed form .... with a left border formatted to accomodate a 3-hole punch for putting it in a binder (ideal for off-line use) .... from this page: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Content&file=index&action=ViewContent&cid=6
beren821
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 03:45
Thank you so much. You've been a huge help.

God Bless,

~Beren~
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email