Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elven_Light
Council Member
Send Message
Post "Elven" products not worth it
on: February 05, 2005 04:16
Some products such as "enternal love earrings" or "elven choker" i believe are so not worth it. Just because it was made with an elaborate design and considered an LOTR-jewelery because it was inspired by the evenstar necklace or just because it says its an 'elven' they can make it so expensive and hardcore lotr collectors actually go and buy it! i think those products are so not worth it because it seems like the stores just create something elborate put the word 'elven' in and say its lotr jewelry so they can hack up the price for it.
~Aranel~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: "Elven" products not worth it
on: February 06, 2005 03:34
I agree with you...IMO i don't think they look all that attractive either. I'm going to stick to buying the replica jewellry from the movies!
Elven_Light
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 06:31
ahh.. im glad someone agrees with me out there in the world. Anyone actually get the Elven products?
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 08:24
No, I haven't gotten anything but The Evenstar Pendant and Arwen's Butterfly Brooch, both of which were worn by Arwen in the movie. However, I don't care that they put "Elven" in front of some of the jewelery titles. They look Elven enough to me and if someone wants the Eternal Love Earrings or Elven Choker enough to spend that amount of money on it and call it Elven, fine by me. I, myself, wouldn't spend the money on it.
Faerfaen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 06:33
A couple of 'em look neat -- I'm curious what the Rivendell ring and one of the Evenstar-based earring sets looks like in real life. I have an Evenstar and the little pin modeled after the dragonfly-ish buckle thingie from Arwen's riding gown.

Honestly, I have yet to see anything from NC that looks half as good in real life as it does in the catalog photos.

Still, they are neat designs. Dang I need to get into jewelry making. So many things to learn...
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 06:37
I agree. I mean, they're really cool and all, but it's just not the same. How can you call yourself an "Elven fan" when it's not even a replica/in the movies?? *lol* Oh well.....and least you won't be the envious one once you show your friends how cool YOU look with something like that....
MiddleEarth_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 03:03

So I bought the Phail of Galadriel! I bought it about 7 months ago and let me tell you its defiently not worth 8f freaking dollars! And to believe I saved and saved for that! I was very disapointed. It said it was glass. It wasn't that pretty and it was a hunk of plastic and paint for the silver part. I about cried. The stands really pretty though. BUT NOT WORTH $85!

A fair warning to all!

[Edited on 6/4/2005 by MiddleEarth_Hobbit]
ElavielEvenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 01:02
Hmm well I call my work Elven because there's not a lot else I can relate it to. It's not really celtic, it's kind of art nouveau but the closest I can think of and what it's inspired by is Elven! Lol!!

\/ www.elvenjewels.net not .com! pesky site won't let me update my profile.

[Edited on 18/5/2006 by ElavielEvenstar]
mallenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2006 10:17
Totally agree with you guys! The only things I have got from NC is the evenstar pendant (which I think look great), the evenstar display and nenya (warning, not exact). You can not have those prices on something that just "look" elven.
ElvenAtHeart
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2006 04:10
Hmm well I call my work Elven because there's not a lot else I can relate it to. It's not really celtic, it's kind of art nouveau but the closest I can think of and what it's inspired by is Elven! Lol!!

\/ elvenjewels.net not .com! pesky site won't let me update my profile.

Wow, they're beautiful, and for a very nice price! I do not have my ears pierced, but seeing all these wonderful Elven-like earrings makes me think about doing so very, very much.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email