Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Collectors Models
on: February 10, 2005 10:19
Anybody got the LOTR Collector's Models.
They come with a magazine and they're out every fortnight and they cost £5.99. Anybody collect them? I do and I think they're great!

1st issue-Gandalf the White at Fangorn Forest
2nd issue- Legolas at Fangorn Forest
3rd issue- Aragorn/Strider at Weathertop

Anybody collect them?
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
Post RE: Collectors Models
on: February 10, 2005 02:26
Could you describe them a little more? I live in the U.S. and I've never heard of these.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 05:31
I am not sure if they do this magazine outside of the UK?

Well anyway they come out an issue every fortnight. Each issue comes with a 11 page character and location guide and also a statue of that character in the costume relating to that location.

So for example:
I have a statue of Eowyn at the Pelennor Fields when she is fighting the Witch-King so she is dressed in the Dernhelm costume and has like the sword and armour on and stuff.
The magazine gives you a guide to her character, the journey they've been on and information about the location.
Here's the website for it:

www.lotr-models.co.uk

I think that maybe only people in the UK can get it. Well I'll check it out and get back to you!
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 02:06
Thanks for the info. It says you have to live in the United Kingdom or South Africa to order them...
They're neat. I wouldn't mind having the Sam & Frodo model.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 09:24
Aww its sort of unfair if you can't get them.
I feel sorry for you 'cos they're really good. Yes the Sam and Frodo model is good but my favourite is a model of the Witch-King of Angmar, the model of Eowyn is also very accurate as is the model of Aragorn, but as King Elessar.
I am up to collecting Issue 30: Haldir at Helm's Deep but I think the whole collection is of 60 models!

My dad can't figure out why I'd want to pay £5.99 for an 11 paged magazine and a 'stupid model'. His words not mine! But my mum doesn't mind, after all it is my money so she says I can spend it on the magazine if I want!

My parents don't get why I like LOTR so much but if only they sat down and watched the films and read the books then they would understand!
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 02:47
These little collectibles are great !!!...my favourite is the ringwraith
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 08:53
These came out just at the end of 2003, didn't they? I remember buying the first edition, which was Gandalf on Boxing Day ^__^ I did subscribe to the magazine but didn't receive any more mags after they sent me Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and my free Wraith on horseback =) I kind of got them all free because they didn't send an invoice with any of them, so I couldn't send them the money *muahahaah*

Anyway, today I found four editions in WHSmith - Eowyn, the Witchking (which is the one the guy at the checkout wanted, lol), the King Of The Dead and a Wraith. They're so cool. I'm still on the look-out for the Grima edition....I may have to start checking out Worlds Apart, see if they sell them.
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 06:06
I think Grima was issue eleven or twelve .. I'll check to make sure though
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 02:01
Thank you I'll have to keep checking in World's Apart in town - I wouldn't surprised if they stuck an extra 3 quid on to the original price though O_o But I'd still buy it ^_____^
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 06:51
well i am up to issue 34 Merry and pippin. They are awesome!
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 06:11
I've got all 60 now! Well...actually I think I am missing one of them. But I guess I should have seen it coming that they'd made some more. They said that there would be 60 issues, and now there is more! But I cancelled my order of them. 60 is quite enough I think!

They are really good quality actually but the only special edition one I have is the Cave Troll. It's pretty cool though. And I love the fact that the last issue (or supposedly the last issue) had Frodo and Gollum fighting over the Ring. So it is sort of like the End of All Things at the Crack of Doom. I really liked how they did that.

Namarie,
~Arwen
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 06:34
wow...60...I'm envious, arwen_the_evenstar. I finally bought a Frodo and Sam model off eBay and had to pay a goodly sum of money since I ordered it from the United Kingdom and I live in the US. But I love the detail.:love:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email