Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Jewel and the Crown *good writers pllease join!*
on: February 14, 2005 07:29
Hey guys! Okies right, this Rp about the trials and tribulations of Ceinwyn Emrys, daughter of King Legodranz and Queen Lothras of Soar - of what I hear you ask? Basically it's customs and people are largerly based upon post-romanised Britain (King Arthur is a really good example of this time period ). King Hector Legodranz fought with Elessar and Eomer and yet now it is nearing the end of the fourth age; Eldarion is preparing to take the throne as is Elfwine in Rohan. Ceinwyn the Jewel of her people, is to wed Eldarion in a bargain struck by thier fathers and yet, as thier both still relatively young, one can imagine the breadth of bittterness between the pair...

Soar is a land of myth and specualtion, some say thier akin to elves and yet it's very clear from thier slightly rugged customs thier mortal. Most of thier kin are dark haired and blue eyed: thier banner that of the eagle. Highly secretive and fiercly proud, thier women share equal political stauts and so you can see the tension there'd be between Ceinwyn when she arrives in Gondor to find herself devoid of the same status!

The main plot follows Ceinwyn's journey from the land she loves to the forgein palace where Eldarion resides, and thier struggle to accpet each other as duty bound man and wife. Eventually of course, they do fall in love, but this ultimatum isn't reached without scores of tests as they strive to maintain thier own purpose, whilst still learning of each others.

This Rp has the potential to be a real epic and as such we need good and lengthy writers who aren't going to jump out of posting - at least one decent paragraph every post please peeps! Original and innovative characters are also highly desired and the character of Eldarion is open - a meaty part for any writer to get into I'm sure

Anyhow, I hope I don't seem to pushy, but this could be a really good Rp!

[Edited on 14/2/2005 by Etaina]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and the Crown *good writers pllease join!*
on: February 15, 2005 09:51
Hi it's me again, The story sounds great ,Celtic age and king Arthur are my greatest interest. As to whether I'm a good writer, that, only you can judge from my previous posts!
I have a new character, Felyon , he's in database,
Either he or Glyndr, OR BOTH, ( I'm happy to play them both if they fit in). Either can be adapted to your plot.
Let me know if one or both are acceptable ,or even if I am!!
I shall not be offended if you refuse, I shall then go back to the princess!
Let me know, elflyn.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 11:05
ah you knowwww you're welcome lol..yup both characters are welcome and it's great that you've got an interest in the celtic era and King Arthur; thier two of my biggest interests to ...anyhoo fit them into the plot as you see fit; maybe they could be natives from Soar or of Gondor? create some tension with Ceinwyn and her company I dare say
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 09:04
Etaina, hello again!,
Please put this one up on the RPG board, perhaps if it's on line people may take notice, some may not read OOC,
Anyway, I've already written my first post, It's ready to go!!
Even if no one joins us for a while, we can create our own epic,
Stick with it!
I shall stick with it,(as you know already!)
elflyn
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 09:34
good idea! Never thought of that * taps side of head* anyhoo me's just gonna craft my post now and pop it up asap - thanks for joining by the way, it's great to have you!
Zaarin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 02:38
I've created a new character for this RPG. I think I'm a fairly good writer. Might I join?
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 02:41
absourlotly! welcome it's in Tolkein Related - have fun!
Gwaihir_Windlord
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 01:18
I've got a character who is a Gondorian guard/adventurer. Is it ok if I join? He could be assigned as a guard in Gondor, or he could be with the guard already with the party.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 02:09
sure, s'gd to have you
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 01:56
Thanks for the welcome everybody, Arthur and anything Celtic are passions of mine as well, so this should be a great deal of fun.
I have taken on Eldarion temporarily for use in my posts, and will respond for him if you need me to, Etaina, until an Eldarion can be found.
Also, if people need to briefly use Gwenneth in one of their posts in order to hold a conversation, or dance or anything like that, that is fine but when asked something major, I would prefer to answer for her(like for instance, the question regarding the race could be answered with a yes, and I would have no problem with that being done for me, but anything regarding the race itself I would want to respond to myself. Pretty much, if you would want to respond to it, I would probably want to as well.)
Thanks, and so far you guys are a lot of fun to rp with, i am starting to try to picture all the characters in my head and how they would carry themselves!

[Edited on 24/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 12:21
yeah me too - we've got some really vivid characters in this thread and that is ace; keep it up folks! I'll take over Eldarion since it's easier for me to craft to fiesty report between the pair if thats ok.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 07:12
It's your thread, lol! Oh feisty, huh? Speaking of feisty, you don't think Gwenneth has much of a crush on Glyndr, do ya?
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 07:49
crush? Gwenneth on Glyndr?....nahhhh
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 07:57
Too bad he loves too many women..he'll just break her little heart:cry:...but at least she can admit to that crush:heart: ..her other one is a bit trickier to admit to...:blush:
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 07:58
it must be love, love love *der der*...
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 05:43
Must be something, anyway...lol
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 11:36
It's because of his beauty and wonderful personality that
Glyndr gets all the ladies!! and the fact he never gives up till he gets what he wants :evil:
Gwenneth, he needs a female to sort him out good and proper
are you the one to do it?
I'm at work at the moment so can't post again till I get home (that's about 18:00 UK time)
see you on the thread .
Etaina, thanks again for a thread that gives me something to rush home for!
Glyndr is waiting!:love: :heart:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 01:55
Well, Gwenneth might well be able to sort him out good and proper, if she ever figures out how to stop thinking about a certain Prince :dizzy: but you know, Glyndr has got to give her something to work with besides his reputation with the ladies :blush: .Gwenneth is certainly willing to try :angel: (ha, i say that about most of my characters-the angel thing)
See ya later!
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 03:48
nowttttt a problem ...am rather looking forward to seeing how this Glyndr-Gwenneth saga unfurls meself

[Edited on 25/2/2005 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 05:50
Hey elflyn, this just occurred to me, and am awaiting Etaina's response via PM...maybe the question is not, can Gwenneth tame Glyndr, maybe the question should be, is Glyndr man(or elf) enough to make Gwenneth forget about the Prince?:evil:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 07:10
Oh yes! he's ALL Elf allright! and always up for a challenge!
Let me know anything you or Etaina may have ideas on . only too willing to have a go (so is Glyndr!)
As for the race , if Gwenneth takes up the challenge, and escapes Eldarion, I leave it to you who wins,
I have a plot for whichever way it goes.
As I've said, I'm out for the evening ,so will catch up with everyone tomorrow.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 08:05
okie dokes - have a good night!
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2005 12:42
Question: If a beautiful yet stubborn and willful elleth falls in love with the most gorgeous male elf she has ever met, when her heart falls does it make a sound? :love: LOL...
she is fading fast, don't think that warning from Eldarion had the desired effect...:heart:
But since our illustrious sexy male elf likes a challenge, she shall give him one...

[Edited on 26/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 07:46
I sure hope that Glyndr likes his Lady a little bit bad...okay, maybe maybe a little more than a little bit, lol...
elflyn, I hve been trying to PM you, but your PM thingy is full...
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 07:14
getting juicy now folks! Keep it up
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 05:14
Ohhhh, elflyn and I are being bad!..or rather, it is Glyndr and his cousin Mrelyn who are the naughty ones...:evil: poor Gwenneth..:cry:who would have thought a food fight would end like this? :blush:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email