Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
Post Elrond Figure
on: November 12, 2002 09:16
I think this goes here... Just a quick question. Is the Elrond action figure really that hard to find? Because I have mine.....
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
Post RE: Elrond Figure
on: November 12, 2002 09:30
Heh, it's one hell of a time trying to get it on Amazon! They're so incredibly sluggish in putting him up.

I guess it just depends on where you're shopping. Most stores that sell Lord of the Rings figures have him in stock and a few online shops have him, too.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: November 12, 2002 09:32
It didn't take me that long to get him either. One day I went to SunCoast video store and two of him were sitting there waiting for me! Though I am a bit dissapointed because his cape thingy isn't purple and mine has a teeny black spot on his nose from when his face smacked into my desk. Ooops!
M
Queen of Orc Killers
Send Message
on: November 14, 2002 10:51
I've never seen one in an actual store and Amazon or New Line never have it online but I did finally find it at bigbadtoystore.com for the same price as they sell in the store so I didn't have to pay a ridiculous price on ebay
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: November 15, 2002 08:16
How nice! I'm glad I found mine in the store, though because my mom won't allow me to order anything online. Just be gentle with him. Don't let his face smack into anything like mine did. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix that little spot on his nose. And, when he swings his sword, his cloak thing come off.
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2002 04:42
I love the Elrond figure, but the person that painted mine seemed to miss out half of the eyebrows!:angry::cry:
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: December 13, 2002 07:26
How awful. I think mine has your extra paint because he has an extra brown spot on his forehead.... :dizzy:
M
Queen of Orc Killers
Send Message
on: December 20, 2002 11:30
The paint job on many of the Toybiz figures is pretty lousy. I usually pick through the ones in the store to find ones that don't have extra blobs on them. Unfortunately when you order them you get what you get.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: December 20, 2002 11:55
Thanks for the warning about Toybiz, guys. I think I'll do without them--at least without ordering them sight unseen.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: December 22, 2002 05:32
I've seen more of the Fellowship action figures in the stores lately, so be on the lookout for hard to find ones. You just may find Elrond hiding somewhere....
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 12:58
I have one of him in armor from the Last Alliance, but sadly the resin 12" figure, which was to be released as Collection 5, was cancelled. *sigh* I was SO looking forward to having above my PC for muse fodder. *pout* I guess I'll have to do with my 6" one that sits next to my 6" Legolas.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: March 19, 2003 05:31
Wait!! Belle, they're cancelling it? Why!!! :cry: :cry: I'm still hoping that they make an Elrond doll. They have Galadriel and Bilbo, but Elrond is just as important!!! Jeeesh, never enough Elrond...

I don't know if any of you read my journal, but my Elrond's right leg fell off at his knee. :cry: My dad fixed him , but his leg won't bend now...
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2003 10:43
Don't worry, for The Return Of The King line of action figures, I've heard Elrond will be re-boxed so people can get another chance to get it!
HothienGreenLeaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 10:28
Seen the elrond in robes figure? onering.net has the pic. Releasing this july by toybiz, real awesome!
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2004 03:28
I bought the Elrond figure back in the beginning of '02 when he was first released. I had no idea at the time that he was so hard to get, I guess I got lucky.
I can't wait for the new Elrond in robes figure to be released. You can also see a picture of him and almost all the other upcoming figures of toywiz.com
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 09:53
Oh yay! I want a second Elrond figure so I can name him Elros. But what I'd really like is a big Elrond doll...
Gazanix
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 12:30
Hi All
New to the site.
Just a quick Q...
I bought my Elrond online and it turned out that the left arm is attached backwards!
Has anyone else seen an Elrond with a backward arm ?
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 06:29
Nope! But what's with all the messed up Elronds? First, the paint wears off the poor elf's nose, then his eyebrows, then the bottom half of his right leg falls off so he can't do his sword slashing action... *rolls eyes*

I'll search in the store forever before I order online. In the store you know what you're getting.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 08:35
I bought my Elrond figure back in December at http://www.littleplasticmen.com for about $18. I paid that much because I understood that he was difficult to find, and I thought the figure was worth it.

Fortunately, his limbs have been correctly attached to his torso and he doesn't have any of the painting flaws that you all describe. He does look a little bit red and puffy around the eyes, though. Poor guy! He was probably devastated when Gil-galad bit the big one. :sob:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email