Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lord_Vivec
Council Member
Send Message
Post I need help
on: March 10, 2005 02:53
I want to know what is the letter used to write like in the book of frodo and bilbo.It is not Quenya nor Tengwar .(I wanna use the regular alphabet but write with style .Please help me
Naneth
Elvish 101 Moderator
Send Message
Post RE: I need help
on: March 10, 2005 04:48
If you have a Mac, you may find something you like here, I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for:

http://www.carlaz.com/edlund/
LOTRfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 04:23
There's one font I know of called "American Unical" Or something like that. I don't remember the exact name. It used to be on like Windows 95 and I think 98. It's not on XP though. :cry: It's a really great font if you've got an older version of Windows.
Faerfaen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 08:41
You know, I've *seen* that very font for download somewhere, but darned if I can remember where. It's similar to Unical yes, but it has the vowel tengwar above each of the vowels, and I think a few other little quirks.

Unforturnately, the power supply on the computer where I keep all my elfy stuff is kaput.

I'm thinking a search for "Dan *someones* Fantasy Fonts" might turn it up though.

Sorry I can't help more.
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 04:35
Lord Vivec, if you're referring to Frodo's book seen at the very end of ROTK, have a look at COE's Multimedia > Fonts section. There are fonts there such as Hobbiton BrushHand and Elvish Ring that sound like what you're looking for.
Fallendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 03:24
Uncial hands are wonderful. I prefer an old english variant. You can find information on them in any good calligraphy book.
IdhrenethMeril
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 06:22
If you're looking for font downloads, try www.dafont.com ; there are some actual tengwar and tengwar-looking English fonts in the Runes/Elf category, under the Dingbats section.

-Idhreneth
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email