Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
Post Just how private is you PM?
on: March 20, 2005 05:14
Whenever I click the submit button send a PM I'm always thinking, are the mods reading this? It's been bugging me since I sent my first PM and I just wanted to ask: Mods do you read the sent PMs?

Thanks guys
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
Post RE: Just how private is you PM?
on: March 20, 2005 05:50
Of course I'm not a mod, so I really cannot say 100%, though my belief is 100% that they do not, and I also now 99,9999999% that they do not.... If you just think of it, how many PMs are sent out each day -think of the work it would cost the mods -and why should they want to, the PMs are private, it's not something that is blown out to the whole site like with the posts, so they don't need to check them for the content...
They're called PRIVATE messages, private usually means that nobody except the parties that are meant to read the PMs get to read them....

All in all I wouldn't worry at all, the mods won't be reading your PMs unless you send them to the mods....:love:
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 08:29
This website is not designed to allow anyone, including mods, to read anyone's Private Messages but their own. So there is no way for the mods, on the site, to go sifting through private messages. You can relax.

On another note--if you're discussing things which you're certain the mods wouldn't be happy with, its likely a better idea to use email--simply to ensure that you're not breaking any rules on our site. All information in our site is at the disposal of law enforcement should they present a warrant to obtain information--including private messages. It has never happened, and likely never will--but its a good idea to follow rules on our site even in private messaging--even if we can't read what you're saying.
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 08:14
Thanks guys
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 13, 2007 11:02
On another note--if you're discussing things which you're certain the mods wouldn't be happy with, its likely a better idea to use email--simply to ensure that you're not breaking any rules on our site.

er well what if youre not allowed to give your e mail to people on the internet?
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: December 13, 2007 01:36
Then don't do or discuss anything that would involve breaking our rules...then you won't have any reason to move over to email
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 13, 2007 03:01
ok that works.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email