Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
Post Poll: ROTK Soundtrack
on: March 25, 2005 03:09
I absolutley :love: the ROTK soundtrack and was wondering which ones you like. My favorites are "The Return of the King" and "Anduril". PS: Does anyone like to listen to "Shelob's Lair" just to freak themselves out? :feedback:
Minas Tirith
13% (4)
The White Tree
3% (1)
The Ride of the Rohirrim
28% (9)
Anduril
3% (1)
The Black Gate Opens
3% (1)
The End of All Things
6% (2)
The Return of the King
13% (4)
They're all great! I can't pick one.
31% (1)
I don't own the soundtrack.
0% (0)
~Aranel~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Poll: ROTK Soundtrack
on: March 25, 2005 05:53
I chose "Ride of the Rohirrim" simply because it reminds me of my favourite scene in the whole movie! I could listen to it over and over again.
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 06:00
I chose the Ride of the Rohirrim as well, I loved the Rohan theme... It sounded a bit Celtic and I love Celtic music! I love them all though. I also loved Shelob's Lair, it's so eerie and creepy... It was very well done.

:cheers: to Howard Shore!!!
Sam_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 06:34
The whole ST is great! Ride of the Rohirrim is really popular... but i like it for the violin solo, the theme of the song. It must be my Irish roots calling. Any, my faves are Pippin's Song and Into the West, but those weren't on the poll. I love to sing along, so much that I can sing Pippin's Song a' capella. Howard Shore is a spectacular composer, i knew it from the first time i heard the Shire theme, just so characteristic of the setting that i picture the green rolling hills and smoke rising from the Hobbit's chimneys... ahhh.
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 06:16
I love everything about the Shire theme...It's so happy...and peaceful...**Sigh** I can also sing Pippin's song and the song that Aragorn sings at his coronation--I :love: elvish.
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 09:48
I chose the Ride of the Rohirrim. The first 45 seconds of it are awesome
orthanc5
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 03:42
Minas Tirith is my favorite. I like to listen to Shelob's Lair every now and then too, but not to freak myself out. I like the syncopation and weird beats sometime.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 09:03
Ride of the Rohirrim! It just puts me in a good mood... I usually listen to the entire CD... and, yes, I get emotional when I listen to the last part of "The Black Gate Opens"... and at other parts. ^_^
HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 03:55
'The Black Gate Opens' is great! It's a very emotional track.....I love the tin whistle/flute solos throughout the piece. 'Return of the King' is beautiful too, a lot of the themes used in the movie are featured. But Pip's song is wonderful.....gah, I love them all! :love:
Vingilot~sailor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 05:06
I had to say "Minas Tirith" even though I :heart: them all! My second choice would have to be "The Black Gate Opens".
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 07:11
I have to agree with Sam_Gamgee on this one, but they're all beautiful. Pippin's song has me in tears and Shelob's Lair gets my nerves racking.....so...to put it bluntly....they're all cool.
Shadow_fax
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 04:31
I absolutely adore The Black Gate Opens. It always makes me so emotional and makes my hair stand on end every time I watch ROTK or listen to the CD. The music of the tin whistle and flute is gorgeous. I'm so pleased Sir James Galway had a part in the wonderful score - he is a brilliant flautist.

I also love:

Twilight and Shadow
Anduril
Ride of the Rohirrim
Minas Tirith
The Return of the King
The Grey Havens

Howard Shore is a genius.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email