Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Hobbits01
Council Member
Send Message
Post Everworld Series by K. A. Applegate
on: April 03, 2005 07:50
There's this really awesome series out there called Everworld. It's about a group of four kids who get pulled into this altenate universe where all mytholigical beings live. Throughout the series, the main characters meet the gods of Olympus, alien beings, and the wizard Merlin the Magnificent. They fight wars against a group of people called the Hetwan, and go by the title of traveling minstrels.

There are twelve books in the series, and the view points shift from character to character throughout it all.

Have any of you read the books? If so, what's your favorite:
-book in the series?
-character?
-view point?
-scene?
-bad guy?
-anything else that you can think of?
Anthiriel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Everworld Series by K. A. Applegate
on: April 03, 2005 07:53
Well, I think you should move it to The Palantir. There's the perfect place to discuss things like this
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 08:19
Am doing it right now! And yes, it's a great series. Wonder if she's going to put any more out.
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 03:33
I thought there were only meant to be 12 books in the series? Well, I wouldn't know, since I haven't read the 12th one yet...

I read it a long time ago, soon after K.A. Applegate had finished her Animorphs series (of which I used to be a big big fan), and I do remember liking it, and I enjoyed seeing things which I had read about before (such as the myth of Etain). I can't remember any more about it, sorry.
Hobbits01
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 11:54
Yeah, you guys should keep reading it or read it again. It really is great, and does teach you quite a bit hm?

I'd have to say my favorite book in the series was the eleventh, whatever the title was (short term memory, and I just read it a week ago). My favorite character is Christopher, no duh>:love: so obviously, my fav. view point is going to be Chris's as well. Best scene is anything with Christopher, cuz Chris rules!!!! Best bad guy is Huitzilopoctli, but if he were a bad guy, it would probably be....christopher!!!:evil: Yup. the fight scenes were purdy good too. This would make an awesome movie, wouldn't it?
Hobbits01
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 05:34
Does anybody know of a really good EverWorld website, because all the ones that I've found are kind of... not what I'm looking for....
Hobbits01
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 03:32
Uh huh. so then this forum is dead then?
celticrangerchick89
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 04:13
So not dead!
There is a Everworld site www.everworld.com I'm not sure if it's still up though.
Christopher so rocks but David pulls a close second.
Fav book was... uh...all of them! Too hard to chose.
Fav evil? Completely Hel because she was just disgustingly gross and was sorta like what people are like. You know, like peopl who are really lovely looking but are 100% Bs? Besides, I like how the gate dude was all about taking David's jewel's or David's sword.
Best veiw poit? Uh, Christopher, Jalil (sp?), or April. In that order.
Cluade, I've got to reread it. A seasons past. Too long!
Hobbits01
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 08:09
Well, hey, at least somebody besides me reads the series still right? Yup. Anybody else?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email